Post removed. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Thorcogan

Bronze

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Post by Thorcogan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:43 pm

Otunga wrote:
Thorcogan wrote:For the PT 70 review tonight, is everyone retaking PT70? Is that why there is a big trend right now?
As far as I know, yes.
Get off work at 4:30, be home at 4:45, start test at 4:50, 4 sections straight to compensate for no 5th section, be done at 7:15, join review session. Going to be a fun afternoon

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:47 pm

dosto wrote:
Otunga wrote:
dosto wrote:
Otunga wrote:Frustrated. Fuck 70. LR still thrashed me, except I went -6 here and not -9. Same -0 on LG and -5 to -3 on RC. Everything felt fresh, and honestly, I think this is what I would've gotten without the anxiety of test day. 172 conforms precisely to my PT average, too. Two misses on LR1 were actually different, so the previous errors getting corrected just evened things out more or less. Different story on LR2, where all 3 misses were the same. I just think this is a tough LR and given that I've never been a regular 175+ PTer, I shouldn't be too frustrated here.
Join the LR Drill Team. It sucks but, well, prepare for the worst on 71.
I thought the sections were of equal difficulty here. Each of my 2 performances would appear to indicate that (-4/-5 and -3/-3). Interesting, since most said LR2 (26q) was disproportionately difficult.

But yeah. I think the inference q's on this LR were especially difficult. Flaws were more difficult to jar out of arguments, too.

I'd say it's crucial to thoroughly drill and review Cambridge as well as 69 and 70 on LR, as the latter two tests are pushing for the tougher LR trend we're speculating about.
Yeah, there weren't really any killer questions on LR2, but a pretty consistent above-average difficulty that really made you pay if you weren't focused or if you were anxious. My mistakes were all pretty dumb.
I personally think #21/26 was a killer question. I opened my original answer sheet and I noticed I was considering two entirely different answers than I was considering during the retake. Wrong each time.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:10 pm

dosto wrote:
Otunga wrote: I personally think #21/26 was a killer question. I opened my original answer sheet and I noticed I was considering two entirely different answers than I was considering during the retake. Wrong each time.
I remember 21 was time consuming; I had the cr but I forgot to bubble it in somehow. Lapse in reason cost me a HUGE point.
I think it's a prime example of a q where you must eliminate all the wrong ones first. It is not an obvious MBT. Sometimes those are...sometimes they're not.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

retaking23

Bronze

Post by retaking23 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Hey guys, I won't be able to make the review session tonight. Something urgent came up earlier today that prevented me from taking the test. Sorry!

Ahamilton

New

Post by Ahamilton » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:13 pm

retaking23 wrote:Hey guys, I won't be able to make the review session tonight. Something urgent came up earlier today that prevented me from taking the test. Sorry!
:(

Ahamilton

New

Post by Ahamilton » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:41 pm

is this still going down?

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm still up for it. In fact, I'm up for more in-depth LR review at another point sometime soon, as well. I think LR on this test is worth that extra review.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ahamilton

New

Post by Ahamilton » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:17 pm

Otunga wrote:I'm still up for it. In fact, I'm up for more in-depth LR review at another point sometime soon, as well. I think LR on this test is worth that extra review.
I'll be there at 930.

goldenboy514

Silver

Post by goldenboy514 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:34 pm

So first PT since bombing October. After the test, I felt pretty good, only to be shattered after seeing the very unforgiving curve of -10. I guess I cant be too bummed, I really haven't done much work on RC, where I need my most focus. Definitely gives me a goal to improve on however. Some of the LR were tough. It was overall a pretty easy LR I felt, but some I circled during the test and pretty much knew I was gonna get them wrong.

PT 58 (FRESH actually, never seen)
LR1: -3 (-1)
LG: -1 (-0)
RC: -7 (-2)
LR2: -3 (-0)

-14, 87/101, 167.... (BR: 98/101, 178)

The curve hurt, and the RC, though very low is my usual score in RC. During BR though, I was well aware of the answers in most of the RC questions, and pinpointed the answers in the text. I think I went on a gut too much for RC, and that killed me on the more detailed specific questions. I need to get better at differentiating when I need to resort back to the text, and when I can do it from just remembering structure and mood. Felt good to at least get one under my belt however.
FWIW, I did the sections in 30 mins, though I did RC in 35 mins

blackbirdfly

Bronze

Post by blackbirdfly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Last edited by blackbirdfly on Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HardenUp

New

Post by HardenUp » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:50 am

Looking for some assistance here:

I'm scoring in the low 150's at the moment and am signed up for December already. I have decided that I won't bother taking the actual test until I'm scoring above a 165. In essence, has anyone heard of/ been able to jump 15 or so point on consecutive practice tests in one month?

If not, it'll have to get pushed back to February.

For a little background, I've been studying for 4.5 months so far (using Blueprint), but am going to school full time as well as working around 26 hours a week, so it's been difficult to spend the required time on studying. Next semester will be my last one for the undergraduate, but I'll still continue working following into next semester.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

snagglepuss

Gold

Post by snagglepuss » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:01 am

HardenUp wrote:Looking for some assistance here:

I'm scoring in the low 150's at the moment and am signed up for December already. I have decided that I won't bother taking the actual test until I'm scoring above a 165. In essence, has anyone heard of/ been able to jump 15 or so point on consecutive practice tests in one month?

For a little background, I've been studying for 4.5 months so far (using Blueprint), but am going to school full time as well as working around 26 hours a week, so it's been difficult to spend the required time on studying. Next semester will be my last one for the undergraduate, but I'll still continue working following into next semester.

15 point jumps don't happen over night. When you're still scoring in the 150's, you're likely still trying to tackle the fundamentals and timing. Take your own advice and don't take the test until you're consistently scoring where you want to be (165+).

Can you turn your job into something full-time after you graduate? If so, I think the best route is to keep studying and take in June. Then, apply next cycle. The year off will make you a much better candidate as the time gives you a better opportunity to maximize your LSAT performance - which is what everyone ought to do.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:17 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angels2fly

Bronze

Post by angels2fly » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:51 am

General feel question. Do you guys think that RC in 50s and on is harder than RC in like the 40s?

aesth24

Bronze

Post by aesth24 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:09 am

angels2fly wrote:General feel question. Do you guys think that RC in 50s and on is harder than RC in like the 40s?
Not necessarily "harder," but a little different. Takes some adjustment in order to score in the same range as the 40s in regards to RC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mellow

Bronze

Post by mellow » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:46 am

angels2fly wrote:General feel question. Do you guys think that RC in 50s and on is harder than RC in like the 40s?
In my experience, passages are pretty much exactly the same in terms of difficulty but questions are a little harder/trickier in the more recent ones. Less obvious answers and more trap choices.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:26 am

vicpin5190 wrote:I'm not retaking, it's just my first time, but this thread is way more active than the December thread....I feel excluded.
+1

angels2fly

Bronze

Post by angels2fly » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:16 am

melodygreenleaf wrote:
In my experience, passages are pretty much exactly the same in terms of difficulty but questions are a little harder/trickier in the more recent ones. Less obvious answers and more trap choices.
this is how I have been feeling re: the traps

goldenboy514

Silver

Post by goldenboy514 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:39 am

bee wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:So first PT since bombing October. After the test, I felt pretty good, only to be shattered after seeing the very unforgiving curve of -10
if it makes you feel better, the curve for 58 was -11
Lol worse obv

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:22 am

I've been PTing in a library in a study room, staring ahead at a blank wall anytime I glance up. In addition, I've only been drinking water just before the test and after section three. I feel slightly dehydrated for much of the test, but this is exactly how I felt in Oct. Is anyone else trying to get their PT conditions like this? At least for me, not being able to drink anything during the test is constraining. But of course...they can't have people drinking stuff throughout due to considerations like forms getting ruined and everybody having to go to the bathroom (or so I speculate). I'm still considering synchro or perhaps something similar to it. Any suggestions? Coffee/tea's out because it makes me go to the bathroom too much.

goldenboy514

Silver

Post by goldenboy514 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:25 am

Otunga wrote:I've been PTing in a library in a study room, staring ahead at a blank wall anytime I glance up. In addition, I've only been drinking water just before the test and after section three. I feel slightly dehydrated for much of the test, but this is exactly how I felt in Oct. Is anyone else trying to get their PT conditions like this? At least for me, not being able to drink anything during the test is constraining. But of course...they can't have people drinking stuff throughout due to considerations like forms getting ruined and everybody having to go to the bathroom (or so I speculate). I'm still considering synchro or perhaps something similar to it. Any suggestions? Coffee/tea's out because it makes me go to the bathroom too much.
In terms of stayin comfy throughout the test, I think synchro would definitely curve hunger feelings for the whole test. You may need a granola bar or something during break, but synchro should keep you full for a few hours. Some people (I think bee will agree) say it keeps you full a lot longer. Depends on your appetite I guess.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:41 am

goldenboy514 wrote:
Otunga wrote:I've been PTing in a library in a study room, staring ahead at a blank wall anytime I glance up. In addition, I've only been drinking water just before the test and after section three. I feel slightly dehydrated for much of the test, but this is exactly how I felt in Oct. Is anyone else trying to get their PT conditions like this? At least for me, not being able to drink anything during the test is constraining. But of course...they can't have people drinking stuff throughout due to considerations like forms getting ruined and everybody having to go to the bathroom (or so I speculate). I'm still considering synchro or perhaps something similar to it. Any suggestions? Coffee/tea's out because it makes me go to the bathroom too much.
In terms of stayin comfy throughout the test, I think synchro would definitely curve hunger feelings for the whole test. You may need a granola bar or something during break, but synchro should keep you full for a few hours. Some people (I think bee will agree) say it keeps you full a lot longer. Depends on your appetite I guess.
Yeah, I had the banana/clif bar combo for the break, and hunger wasn't an issue. It's more so the thirst/dehydration issue. I think I've spoiled myself for a while in always having a water bottle around. So I'm looking for benefits like feeling adequately hydrated and increased attentiveness (since coffee's out). I'm OK doing tests with just water, but I like having the extra boost, too.

action90

Bronze

Post by action90 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 pm

HardenUp wrote:Looking for some assistance here:

are you in a bp class or online one?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”