Post removed.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 28 times in total.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:28 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:34 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby 062914123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:45 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2837
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby haus » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:02 pm

I will be retaking, but for schedule reasons I am attempting to decide if I want to target Dec or Feb.

User avatar
tofuspeedstar
Posts: 5768
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby tofuspeedstar » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Will be retaking unless lsac does something regarding the proctor not calling the 5min warning yesterday.

splitcity
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby splitcity » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 pm

What's the highest score you guys are willing to retake?

I think mine would be 172

User avatar
drawstring
Posts: 1933
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby drawstring » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 pm

I will probably call it a day if I score 171 or higher. Below that and it will likely be a retake, though I'd have to think about it more if I scored a 170.

I'm aiming for H and Stan and I may be able to pull one of them off with a 170 due to my GPA. I'd really like to avoid a retake as well.

civis
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby civis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:43 am

.
Last edited by civis on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Otunga » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:52 am

I'm not sure the prep matters too much on our potential retakes. Now that we've taken the test for the first time (I think most of us are first-timers), just that consideration alone should allow us to better shake off the jitters and simply be better prepared for test day. If I have to retake, I think I'll implement 8 section double tests a fair amount, mainly because I've seen the modern material before and recently, as we all have, and maybe the fatigue of those would make the retakes - sometimes even the third takes - more representative.

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:08 am

Really hope I don't have to join here, but I think I will. Taking a few days off then back to studying.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby neprep » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:09 am

bee wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:HI BEE!

I was thinking about giving myself a break...but considering that I basically took all of last week off as well, I'm starting again tomorrow morning. With PT #1.

My morning routine has involved PTing/drilling for months, and I honestly think I'd miss it if I were to skip it. Or it could be Stockholm Syndrome. I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not in LSAT mode.

OMG TOMORROW?! hahaha you are hardcore. i think i might work on my PS tomorrow, just in case i score well enough that i can send out my apps nov 1.

you know, i really kind of miss lsatting as well. i was so bored today that i literally called up a bunch of people and volunteered to cook them dinner. my life for the past month(s) has been work - lsat - sleep - lsat - work etc. i will probably crack by tuesday and start pting again :oops:


That IS really intense! Are none of you going to wait for your score before starting December prep? I guess I just feel guilty planning to take it easy until then. PMT, I missed the barrage of posts that ensued after the test because, well, I was taking my own test at the time, but what has you so convinced that you didn't do as well as you wanted? Also, if your problem was just nerves, how would looking at super old material like 1-20 help, since there's noting left for you to *learn*, per se?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:10 am

neprep wrote:
bee wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:HI BEE!

I was thinking about giving myself a break...but considering that I basically took all of last week off as well, I'm starting again tomorrow morning. With PT #1.

My morning routine has involved PTing/drilling for months, and I honestly think I'd miss it if I were to skip it. Or it could be Stockholm Syndrome. I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not in LSAT mode.

OMG TOMORROW?! hahaha you are hardcore. i think i might work on my PS tomorrow, just in case i score well enough that i can send out my apps nov 1.

you know, i really kind of miss lsatting as well. i was so bored today that i literally called up a bunch of people and volunteered to cook them dinner. my life for the past month(s) has been work - lsat - sleep - lsat - work etc. i will probably crack by tuesday and start pting again :oops:


That IS really intense! Are none of you going to wait for your score before starting December prep? I guess I just feel guilty planning to take it easy until then. PMT, I missed the barrage of posts that ensued after the test because, well, I was taking my own test at the time, but what has you so convinced that you didn't do as well as you wanted? Also, if your problem was just nerves, how would looking at super old material like 1-20 help, since there's noting left for you to *learn*, per se?


Nep did u have the same test ? And how do u think u did?

User avatar
Marshmallow
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Marshmallow » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:17 am

civis wrote:Checking in. Honestly no idea where I landed so I'm gearing up for December just in case.

Going to take the next week off for sure. Not sure where to head next. I'm thinking about picking up the LSAT Trainer for a fresh look at LR and RC. Any re-takers find it useful?


civis, I used the Trainer to prep for Oct., which was my second crack at the LSAT. I'd previously done all of Manhattan, and the LR and LG bibles. The Trainer really brought everything together for me, especially my RC, which was extremely inconsistent before that. As a retaker, I can also definitely say that it's really useful to take the test a second time at the same test center because you know the ins and outs of how the test is administered at that center, which can seriously calm the nerves the next time around. I walked into the test a few days ago much calmer and just ready to kill it.

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Otunga » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:20 am

Marshmallow wrote:
civis wrote:Checking in. Honestly no idea where I landed so I'm gearing up for December just in case.

Going to take the next week off for sure. Not sure where to head next. I'm thinking about picking up the LSAT Trainer for a fresh look at LR and RC. Any re-takers find it useful?


civis, I used the Trainer to prep for Oct., which was my second crack at the LSAT. I'd previously done all of Manhattan, and the LR and LG bibles. The Trainer really brought everything together for me, especially my RC, which was extremely inconsistent before that. As a retaker, I can also definitely say that it's really useful to take the test a second time at the same test center because you know the ins and outs of how the test is administered at that center, which can seriously calm the nerves the next time around. I walked into the test a few days ago much calmer and just ready to kill it.


Is it an exception if the desks are those auditorium-style desks with hardly any room? This is for sure what goes on at the test center I just took it at, assuming it's in the same place (the big auditorium). Didn't like this setup at all - had to keep LR and RC in my lap partly.

User avatar
neprep
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby neprep » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 am

jk148706 wrote:
neprep wrote:
bee wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:HI BEE!

I was thinking about giving myself a break...but considering that I basically took all of last week off as well, I'm starting again tomorrow morning. With PT #1.

My morning routine has involved PTing/drilling for months, and I honestly think I'd miss it if I were to skip it. Or it could be Stockholm Syndrome. I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not in LSAT mode.

OMG TOMORROW?! hahaha you are hardcore. i think i might work on my PS tomorrow, just in case i score well enough that i can send out my apps nov 1.

you know, i really kind of miss lsatting as well. i was so bored today that i literally called up a bunch of people and volunteered to cook them dinner. my life for the past month(s) has been work - lsat - sleep - lsat - work etc. i will probably crack by tuesday and start pting again :oops:


That IS really intense! Are none of you going to wait for your score before starting December prep? I guess I just feel guilty planning to take it easy until then. PMT, I missed the barrage of posts that ensued after the test because, well, I was taking my own test at the time, but what has you so convinced that you didn't do as well as you wanted? Also, if your problem was just nerves, how would looking at super old material like 1-20 help, since there's noting left for you to *learn*, per se?


Nep did u have the same test ? And how do u think u did?


Nope, I took it in Asia. I thought LG was definitely on the tougher side; I had two guess on 2 questions and make educated bets on 2 others. But LR and RC both seemed to go by pretty well. At this point, I guess the score depends on 1) how poorly LG actually went (I wasn't too devastated after the section; just not feeling it) 2. how well LR and RC actually went and 3) the curve. I know this is basically what every tests depends on, haha. But I'm hoping 2 and 3 are in my favor and I won't have to retake :(

User avatar
JustHawkin
Posts: 1754
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:54 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:40 am

.
Last edited by JustHawkin on Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Marshmallow
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Marshmallow » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:41 am

Otunga wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:
civis wrote:Checking in. Honestly no idea where I landed so I'm gearing up for December just in case.

Going to take the next week off for sure. Not sure where to head next. I'm thinking about picking up the LSAT Trainer for a fresh look at LR and RC. Any re-takers find it useful?


civis, I used the Trainer to prep for Oct., which was my second crack at the LSAT. I'd previously done all of Manhattan, and the LR and LG bibles. The Trainer really brought everything together for me, especially my RC, which was extremely inconsistent before that. As a retaker, I can also definitely say that it's really useful to take the test a second time at the same test center because you know the ins and outs of how the test is administered at that center, which can seriously calm the nerves the next time around. I walked into the test a few days ago much calmer and just ready to kill it.


Is it an exception if the desks are those auditorium-style desks with hardly any room? This is for sure what goes on at the test center I just took it at, assuming it's in the same place (the big auditorium). Didn't like this setup at all - had to keep LR and RC in my lap partly.


yeah, I guess I was assuming your first experience was somewhat okay. I would definitely look at another test center if I were you.

civis
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby civis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:43 am

.
Last edited by civis on Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:47 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Marshmallow
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Marshmallow » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 am

civis wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:
civis wrote:Checking in. Honestly no idea where I landed so I'm gearing up for December just in case.

Going to take the next week off for sure. Not sure where to head next. I'm thinking about picking up the LSAT Trainer for a fresh look at LR and RC. Any re-takers find it useful?


civis, I used the Trainer to prep for Oct., which was my second crack at the LSAT. I'd previously done all of Manhattan, and the LR and LG bibles. The Trainer really brought everything together for me, especially my RC, which was extremely inconsistent before that. As a retaker, I can also definitely say that it's really useful to take the test a second time at the same test center because you know the ins and outs of how the test is administered at that center, which can seriously calm the nerves the next time around. I walked into the test a few days ago much calmer and just ready to kill it.
Thanks for your thoughts. I went with BP the first round and I think it gave me a really good base (had some good PTs in the high 170s). I think I could use a fresh take on RC and parts of LR so it sounds like it would be a good investment.

I'm planning on taking in the same spot. I had take a PT there the week before but I ended up in a different classroom with much smaller desks. Kind of drove me crazy.


I'm actually thinking about diving into BP for Dec., maybe for the same reasons you're looking at the Trainer- just to keep fresh and get a new perspective... Not really sure what BP offers or the best way to utilize what they have. Any suggestions?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby jk148706 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:51 am

PourMeTea wrote:
A few things went wrong.
1. TOTAL PANIC during my very first section, which was LR. I "wtfed" my way through it, definitely went -8, with no time left over to check answers. This may have been my experimental, but I'm not sure.
2. Carried over the thoughts of "shit, cancel now" to second section, which was RC. Also, 180 watch decided not to work. I barely skimmed the passages because the words kept melting into each other and I wasn't retaining anything. I don't remember if I thought the questions were hard or easy.
3. Easy, standard LR section, which I actually think was the real LR section. Dammit.
4. RAN. OUT. OF. TIME. on last LR section. Pretty much had to randomly guess on the last 4 OMFG this has never happened before :evil: :evil: :evil:

I figure by drilling mercilessly, LR will become automatic to the point where things like nerves won't hinder me from quickly seeing arguments or reading/re-reading the stimulus to the point where I'm wasting too much time.


Are you describing my test or yours? I def had a very similar experience

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:53 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Marshmallow
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:32 pm

Re: December 2013 Retakers

Postby Marshmallow » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:54 am

PourMeTea wrote:
neprep wrote:
bee wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:HI BEE!

I was thinking about giving myself a break...but considering that I basically took all of last week off as well, I'm starting again tomorrow morning. With PT #1.

My morning routine has involved PTing/drilling for months, and I honestly think I'd miss it if I were to skip it. Or it could be Stockholm Syndrome. I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not in LSAT mode.

OMG TOMORROW?! hahaha you are hardcore. i think i might work on my PS tomorrow, just in case i score well enough that i can send out my apps nov 1.

you know, i really kind of miss lsatting as well. i was so bored today that i literally called up a bunch of people and volunteered to cook them dinner. my life for the past month(s) has been work - lsat - sleep - lsat - work etc. i will probably crack by tuesday and start pting again :oops:


That IS really intense! Are none of you going to wait for your score before starting December prep? I guess I just feel guilty planning to take it easy until then. PMT, I missed the barrage of posts that ensued after the test because, well, I was taking my own test at the time, but what has you so convinced that you didn't do as well as you wanted? Also, if your problem was just nerves, how would looking at super old material like 1-20 help, since there's noting left for you to *learn*, per se?


A few things went wrong.
1. TOTAL PANIC during my very first section, which was LR. I "wtfed" my way through it, definitely went -8, with no time left over to check answers. This may have been my experimental, but I'm not sure.
2. Carried over the thoughts of "shit, cancel now" to second section, which was RC. Also, 180 watch decided not to work. I barely skimmed the passages because the words kept melting into each other and I wasn't retaining anything. I don't remember if I thought the questions were hard or easy.
3. Easy, standard LR section, which I actually think was the real LR section. Dammit.
4. RAN. OUT. OF. TIME. on last LR section. Pretty much had to randomly guess on the last 4 OMFG this has never happened before :evil: :evil: :evil:

I figure by drilling mercilessly, LR will become automatic to the point where things like nerves won't hinder me from quickly seeing arguments or reading/re-reading the stimulus to the point where I'm wasting too much time.


PMT, you'll be fine. It seems you were testing/performing REALLY WELL before test day, so really you just had a huge hit of adrenaline/out of control nerves going into section 1. This happened to me in June. Get the right mindset for Dec., and I think you'll have zero probs.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 3 guests