Should I Cancel October LSAT? (Aiming for Boalt/UCLA/USC)

Should I cancel October or keep the score?

Keep Oct. score and submit apps
Keep Oct. score and retake third time
Cancel Oct. score and retake third time
Total votes: 5

Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Should I Cancel October LSAT? (Aiming for Boalt/UCLA/USC)

Postby EJL123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Hey everyone!

Longtime lurker here. Sorry to bother you all with a similar question, but since I have less than 6 days to decide, I wanted to get some objective input from my peers whether to cancel or not. Also, whether or not I should retake the test a third time.

So I'm aiming to go to law school in California, preferably Boalt, UCLA, or USC. Doesn't matter if sticker or scholarship.

I took the LSAT once already this past June and scored in the lower end of my PTs at low 160s. My PTs have generally been in the 162-168 range. Never broke the 170 range even once in my past 10 months of studying/PTing. I usually score perfect (-0 to -1) on LG, -4 to -5 per LR section, and -5 to -6 on the RC.

Yesterday, I had the format of LR-RC-LR-LG-LR, meaning that I got an LR experimental. After I took the test yesterday, I felt pretty good coming out of LR#1, LR#2, and LG. But I'm pretty sure I got at least -7 to -8 wrong on RC and -5 to -6 wrong on LR#3. My goal coming into this test was a 165-166 to at least get my foot in the door at the California schools. However, my official prediction for yesterday's test is somewhere between 161-165.

Should I cancel or roll the dice and keep the score? Also, should I retake the test in December?

The reason why I was considering saving my "third test" until another time in the future is just in case my application cycle this year doesn't turn out the way I want, so I can have 6 months instead of 2 months to prepare for the third and final test.

Thanks for your input!
Last edited by EJL123 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Posts: 851
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Re: Should I Cancel October LSAT? (Aiming for Boalt/UCLA/USC)

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:32 pm

I suggest you keep the October score and wait until you see it before you decide whether to retake. You never know...

User avatar
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:06 am

Re: Should I Cancel October LSAT? (Aiming for Boalt/UCLA/USC)

Postby jordan15 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:25 am

Keep the October score, continue studying, and wait until you get the score to decide whether you want to apply this cycle or wait longer to retake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigv, lawcapture, thrivinNstrivin and 27 guests