Page 2 of 2

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:17 pm
by RichyD23
RC: More difficult in 69.
LG: More difficult in 69.
LR: More difficult in 70.

Same curve.

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:27 pm
by iamgeorgebush
LR: 70 harder
LG: 69 harder
RC: 69 harder

Overall: 69 harder

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 pm
by AAJD2B
LR: Same
LG: 69 more difficult
RC: 69 more difficult

70 was an easier test....almost joke-worthy. I think it will be a tighter curve.

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:11 pm
by wtrc
AAJD2B wrote:LR: Same
LG: 69 more difficult
RC: 69 more difficult

70 was an easier test....almost joke-worthy. I think it will be a tighter curve.


I think (HOPE) you were just better prepared :P.

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:49 pm
by drawstring
I didn't think 70 was close to being joke worthy overall, though it certainly wasn't the hardest.

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:11 pm
by 062914123
.

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:17 pm
by dosto
.

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:38 pm
by SteelPenguin
wtrc wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:LR: Same
LG: 69 more difficult
RC: 69 more difficult

70 was an easier test....almost joke-worthy. I think it will be a tighter curve.


I think (HOPE) you were just better prepared :P.


I think 69 was very straightforward test. PT 70s LR felt like it was constantly trying to "trick" people with two very attractive answers with a subtle distinction that made them wrong. I thought RC was straightforward in both, although easier in PT 70, and LG was a bit harder this time around.

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:47 pm
by vuthy
SteelPenguin wrote:
wtrc wrote:
AAJD2B wrote:LR: Same
LG: 69 more difficult
RC: 69 more difficult

70 was an easier test....almost joke-worthy. I think it will be a tighter curve.


I think (HOPE) you were just better prepared :P.


I think 69 was very straightforward test. PT 70s LR felt like it was constantly trying to "trick" people with two very attractive answers with a subtle distinction that made them wrong. I thought RC was straightforward in both, although easier in PT 70, and LG was a bit harder this time around.


I am really beginning to think that we didn't all take the same test. To me, 69 RC and 70 RC were as different as any two RC sections I can remember. (I'm sure I'll revise that view when I see 70 in a few weeks, but man, right now I'm pretty convinced.)

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:11 pm
by dosto
.

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:11 pm
by Otunga
LG: Slightly easier because the toughest game here seemed slightly easier than the toughest game on 69 (juice/snacks).
LR: Probably about the same. I thought LR on 69 was hard. 70 LR seemed weirder (more like Cambridge packets LR), but not necessarily harder.
RC: Definitely harder. The fourth passage was real tough, and many of the other q's left me scratching my head. 69 RC seemed average.

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:12 pm
by jk148706
dosto5 wrote:
vuthy wrote: I am really beginning to think that we didn't all take the same test. To me, 69 RC and 70 RC were as different as any two RC sections I can remember. (I'm sure I'll revise that view when I see 70 in a few weeks, but man, right now I'm pretty convinced.)


Yeah, 69 RC was tough, but standard. 70 RC was just bizarre and I can't put my finger on why.


Exactly. RC on 70 was just ... wuuut.

Idk how to put it, but regardless I think I did poorly; thus, I think 70 was tougher than 69 .

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:19 pm
by vuthy
jk148706 wrote:
dosto5 wrote:
vuthy wrote: I am really beginning to think that we didn't all take the same test. To me, 69 RC and 70 RC were as different as any two RC sections I can remember. (I'm sure I'll revise that view when I see 70 in a few weeks, but man, right now I'm pretty convinced.)


Yeah, 69 RC was tough, but standard. 70 RC was just bizarre and I can't put my finger on why.


Exactly. RC on 70 was just ... wuuut.

Idk how to put it, but regardless I think I did poorly; thus, I think 70 was tougher than 69 .


It seems like a lot of us who really got good command of 60s RC prior to 70 found 70 RC to be unusual, and therefore tough. I'm wondering if there was almost some kind of advantage to not knowing 60s RC that well prior to 70.

(I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but most of the people who found 70 RC difficult seem to be normally strong in RC.)

Re: Was 70 harder, easier, or the same as 69?

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:06 pm
by Marshmallow
69 was my first go at the LSAT. one weird LR section coupled with my nerves really threw me off. Didn't feel that way about 70, but one of the LR sections did seem above-average in difficulty. Games were similar for me on 69 and 70. I don't have a clue what the deal with 70 RC was, but it seemed easy while I was doing it. With this talk of it being "deceptively easy", I'm getting a little nervous.