October 2013 International (non-US) Test

kkdk

Re: October 2013 International (non-US) Test

Postby kkdk » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:48 am

samiam1 wrote:
claudemonet55 wrote:
broseph9522 wrote:Anyone take the LSAT in Europe?

My order was: LG(23Q)-RC(27Q)-LR(25R) () LG(23Q)-LR(25Q)
LG: the first LG was quite easy, finished in 30min, seemed like the experimental ones. the second is Ok, nothing weird although the assignment game took some times...
RC: long and not easy, the 3rd science one which is not easy at all even I was major in that area;I had to rush the last paragraph (5Q) in 5min.....doomed....
LR1: a bit bizarre for me since too much para/flaw/princip (almost half?) but turn out to be ok.
LR2; nothing particular...manage to finished in 31min and don't know how to spend the extra 4 min!....

Hey, we took the same exam in the same order it seems. Which logic game was the experimental - i.e. the game with retained/upgrade was that experimental you think or real?

didn't take in europe but now that u mention it also felt like LR was really heavy in some q-types. lot of str/weak and flaw, princip, less nec/suff than i expected.

broseph9522

Postby broseph9522 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:44 am

I felt like the first LG was quite easy while the second one was very restrictive in terms of time. I finished the other four sections with nearly 5 minutes left on each, but the second LG had me guessing when it came down to the wire.

samiam1

Postby samiam1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:39 am

broseph9522 wrote:I felt like the first LG was quite easy while the second one was very restrictive in terms of time. I finished the other four sections with nearly 5 minutes left on each, but the second LG had me guessing when it came down to the wire.

But which one do you think was the experimental? Was it the retained/upgraded one?

tigersaresexy

Postby tigersaresexy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:47 am

samiam1 wrote:
broseph9522 wrote:I felt like the first LG was quite easy while the second one was very restrictive in terms of time. I finished the other four sections with nearly 5 minutes left on each, but the second LG had me guessing when it came down to the wire.

But which one do you think was the experimental? Was it the retained/upgraded one?

The one with the itineraries and the paintings is the real deal, if you had that one. The one with the food was experimental.

meep

Postby meep » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:11 am

I took the test in Seoul, Korea.
LR-RC-LG-BREAK-LR-RC

Did anyone else find the LG incredibly time-consuming?
I usually can finish the LG. Go -0 to -2. In rare cases I run out of time, I miss around -4.

This time, I guessed on five questions on LG. All the games seemed easy, but not many inferences could be made...more of a brute force-base game section....

The rest of the test was a breeze.
Wondering if I should cancel since I was aiming for 175+. Going in with five guesses....NOT GOOD....

soj

Postby soj » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:31 am

Please don't discuss specific test questions.

questionsandanswers

Postby questionsandanswers » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:35 am

Same thoughts here. (Took it in Asia)

For LG, the game was terrible, it wasn't necessarily hard but the questions were very time-consuming. I usually get around 15 mins + left over in LG, but even considering test nerves I was FAR behind schedule. Had to guess on a question in the end.

For LR, the questions were heavily laden on some question types. They felt a little weird to me, can't explain exactly what. I suppose the fact that it was so partial to some question types made it feel so alien.

For RC, it wasn't that difficult I guess, although I did find some questions in the comparative passage rather confusing.

Overall, it felt a lot different than the PT tests. I'm not sure if test nerves made me feel that way or in fact the questions were somewhat different.
I used to think the myth that LG was harder in Asia was unsubstantiated... but now I give it some credit.

neprep

Postby neprep » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:37 am

questionsandanswers wrote:Same thoughts here. (Took it in Asia)

For LG, the game was terrible, it wasn't necessarily hard but the questions were very time-consuming. I usually get around 15 mins + left over in LG, but even considering test nerves I was FAR behind schedule. Had to guess on a question in the end.

For LR, the questions were heavily laden on some question types. They felt a little weird to me, can't explain exactly what. I suppose the fact that it was so partial to some question types made it feel so alien.

For RC, it wasn't that difficult I guess, although I did find some questions in the comparative passage rather confusing.

Overall, it felt a lot different than the PT tests. I'm not sure if test nerves made me feel that way or in fact the questions were somewhat different.
I used to think the myth that LG was harder in Asia was unsubstantiated... but now I give it some credit.

This is completely unsubstantiated. The test administered in Asia was the same as a February exam administered in the States in the last few years, and that's how it's always been.

It was just a hard games section, which is ideally going to be made up for by a good curve.

Howl

Postby Howl » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:25 am

neprep wrote:

This is completely unsubstantiated. The test administered in Asia was the same as a February exam administered in the States in the last few years, and that's how it's always been.

It was just a hard games section, which is ideally going to be made up for by a good curve.

I thought the game section was pretty average, seeing that it had no killer game. Now y'all are making me scared that I made some false inferences on the games :shock: ruh-roh.

Howl

Postby Howl » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:36 am

questionsandanswers wrote:For LR, the questions were heavily laden on some question types. They felt a little weird to me, can't explain exactly what. I suppose the fact that it was so partial to some question types made it feel so alien.

+1

foreverhoping

Postby foreverhoping » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:49 am

Howl wrote:
neprep wrote:

I thought the game section was pretty average, seeing that it had no killer game. Now y'all are making me scared that I made some false inferences on the games :shock: ruh-roh.

i think the difficulty came from there being so few inferences so if you got through them thats definitely good!

Howl

Postby Howl » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:08 am

foreverhoping wrote:
Howl wrote:I thought the game section was pretty average, seeing that it had no killer game. Now y'all are making me scared that I made some false inferences on the games :shock: ruh-roh.

i think the difficulty came from there being so few inferences so if you got through them thats definitely good!

Thanks. Games used to be my weakest section and I was completely utterly absolutely destroyed by Zones way back in Oct 2012, so I always have this lingering doubt. :P Ah well, time will tell. Is the score release date the same of US and non-US takers?

meep

Postby meep » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:08 am

Howl

Postby Howl » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:48 am

meep wrote:http://blueprintprep.com/lsatblog/lsat-analysis/february-2011-lsat-instant-recap/

hmmmm

oh WOW hahahaha
Last edited by Howl on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

foreverhoping

Postby foreverhoping » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:49 am

thanks, meep. sent me all around the web researching what people thought of that test! based on http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=147462&start=1025 it seems like a -11 test? this wait is no fun...

Howl

Postby Howl » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:59 am

Thanks for finding the thread, foreverhoping! I'm relieved that it looks like it's going to be a -11 curve.

foreverhoping

Postby foreverhoping » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:05 am

yep! rookie question but the curve will hold even though were taking this 2+ years later and the only thing that changes is our percentile, right? never really understood the LSAT curve :|

neprep

Postby neprep » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:10 am

foreverhoping wrote:yep! rookie question but the curve will hold even though were taking this 2+ years later and the only thing that changes is our percentile, right? never really understood the LSAT curve :|

Absolutely; the equating process is specific to the content of the actual test.

pin_s

Postby pin_s » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:53 am

broseph9522 wrote:Anyone take the LSAT in Europe?

I took it in Oslo. LG-RC-LR-LG-LR- couldn't have asked for a better order. The first LG was easy (so I knew it had to be the experimental, which turned out to be the case), which helped me get on a roll til the break. The graded LG would not have been too bad had I not spent so much time trying to diagram one of the games. How does everyone feel about it overall, though? Anyone have a curve prediction that they feel particularly confident in? Also, does anyone know if this test or parts of it had been administered some other time?

pin_s

Postby pin_s » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:55 am

samiam1 wrote:

It was the flooded/irrigated

pin_s

Postby pin_s » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:09 am

Howl wrote:
meep wrote:http://blueprintprep.com/lsatblog/lsat-analysis/february-2011-lsat-instant-recap/

hmmmm

oh WOW hahahaha

do these q types look familiar to you? not to me, so i'm not sure they're the same.

samiam1

Postby samiam1 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:01 am

pin_s wrote:
samiam1 wrote:

How sureare you that the flooded/irrigated game was experimental? By which I mean how do you know?

Howl

Postby Howl » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:50 am

pin_s wrote:
Howl wrote:

hmmmm

oh WOW hahahaha

do these q types look familiar to you? not to me, so i'm not sure they're the same.

They look SOOOPER familiar to me. But the reason they don't look familiar to you would be because you took it in Europe and I along with several others in this thread took it in East Asia. Apparently they use a different test for each of the international geographic regions. It is def possible that your test was a re-use of another Feb test though.

pin_s

Postby pin_s » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:50 am

samiam1 wrote:
pin_s wrote:
samiam1 wrote:

How sureare you that the flooded/irrigated game was experimental? By which I mean how do you know?

oh, sorry. i meant that the flooded/irrigated was the real deal. the other games section was just much too easy.

pin_s

Postby pin_s » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:51 am

Howl wrote:
pin_s wrote:
Howl wrote:

hmmmm

oh WOW hahahaha

They look SOOOPER familiar to me. But the reason they don't look familiar to you would be because you took it in Europe and I along with several others in this thread took it in East Asia. Apparently they use a different test for each of the international geographic regions. It is def possible that your test was a re-use of another Feb test though.

ah, makes sense. totally in the dark about the test i took. hate that i can't find any gossip/ info on it while i wait for results.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”