Been crying all day

Hoping4Happiness

Been crying all day

Postby Hoping4Happiness » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:27 pm

I got 164-166 on all PTs. Took 3 PTs in the last 5 days and got 165 on all of them... I have never in my LIFE choked like that. I almost started crying in the middle of section 4.... I have literally never experienced such a thing in my life.... I freaked out in EVERY WAY.... I am in shock... I'm pretty sure I did really bad... I should just cancel right? What's worse a cancel or getting lower than a 155? I was sobbing on the way home I've NEVER been so disappointed in myself...

justonemoregame

Re: Been crying all day

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:29 pm

That's what retakes are for. Go get hopped up and make some bad decisions. (just nothing that you have to disclose).

Amicus_Curiae2013

Postby Amicus_Curiae2013 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Hoping4Happiness wrote:I got 164-166 on all PTs. Took 3 PTs in the last 5 days and got 165 on all of them... I have never in my LIFE choked like that. I almost started crying in the middle of section 4.... I have literally never experienced such a thing in my life.... I freaked out in EVERY WAY.... I am in shock... I'm pretty sure I did really bad... I should just cancel right? What's worse a cancel or getting lower than a 155? I was sobbing on the way home I've NEVER been so disappointed in myself...

Cheer up. It is not the end of the world. There is still december. :)

magickware

Postby magickware » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:30 pm

First, relax. The first take of the LSAT is always hard. Don't be disappointed in yourself. Just chalk it up as an experience.

Second, there's nothing wrong with cancelling. If you cancel within 5 (or was it 6? I forget, check LSAC to be certain) days, then the score just disappears and no one knows. Heck, it doesn't even count as one of your 3 takes in 2 years.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:30 pm

It's not really gonna matter if you cancel or not

Basically no one averages

Just retake

Rt887

Postby Rt887 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:44 pm

The default answer for many always seems to be "retake/cancel." That is not what you need to hear right after taking the LSAT. First of all relax, you're done with the LSAT! Almost everyone - including myself- feels terrible after the LSAT. It is only rational to feel that way after taking a test that you become so invested in, especially given the fact that you can't know your score for a few weeks.
I came very, very close to cancelling. I was scoring 170+ in the weeks before and literally felt as though I was set for a score in the 150's walking out of the classroom; my brain had just melted on section 5. Luckily I did not cancel and ended up with a 170.
I'm not saying your feelings are unwarranted, just that you should take a few days to think about it before cancelling. Even if you're convinced you did terrible, don't forget that most schools take the highest score, so please don't make the decision to cancel a potentially perfectly good score lightly.
Good luck!!!

waysidemadison180

Postby waysidemadison180 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Learn from your mistakes and hit it hard in December!

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:50 pm

rad lulz wrote:It's not really gonna matter if you cancel or not

Basically no one averages

Just retake

better look to cancel then bomb

manofjustice

Postby manofjustice » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Hoping4Happiness wrote:I got 164-166 on all PTs. Took 3 PTs in the last 5 days and got 165 on all of them... I have never in my LIFE choked like that. I almost started crying in the middle of section 4.... I have literally never experienced such a thing in my life.... I freaked out in EVERY WAY.... I am in shock... I'm pretty sure I did really bad... I should just cancel right? What's worse a cancel or getting lower than a 155? I was sobbing on the way home I've NEVER been so disappointed in myself...

Cancel. If you were actually crying during the test, you didn't do well.

Sorry. I was rooting for you.

When I took the LSAT, a person in my test room freaked out too. It's somewhat common. Just recenter and retake. It's only October. Take the next administration.

What section was section 4?

thewaves

Postby thewaves » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:27 pm

These things happen. Just cancel. You emotion *during* the test is a good indicator of how well you did.

It's not a big deal. Remember that! Take a few days off and re-focus when you're ready.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Cheer up. Having an off day happens. You will do great on your retake!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:31 pm

magickware wrote:First, relax. The first take of the LSAT is always hard. Don't be disappointed in yourself. Just chalk it up as an experience.

Second, there's nothing wrong with cancelling. If you cancel within 5 (or was it 6? I forget, check LSAC to be certain) days, then the score just disappears and no one knows. Heck, it doesn't even count as one of your 3 takes in 2 years.

It most certainly does count as one of your 3 takes if you cancel.

Hoping4Happiness

Postby Hoping4Happiness » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:35 pm

manofjustice wrote:

Cancel. If you were actually crying during the test, you didn't do well.

Sorry. I was rooting for you.

When I took the LSAT, a person in my test room freaked out too. It's somewhat common. Just recenter and retake. It's only October. Take the next administration.

What section was section 4?

oh that's very sweet of you to say... section 4 was games... which is my BEST section by far... usually get no more than -2 or 3, I always count on games to boost my grade and make up for my usually low RC score, I think that might have been why I freaked out SO much on this section... I was trying to brute force game 2... and then I realized I was wasting too much time and just skipped it after answering 2 questions... this was making me panic... then for game 3 just kept looking at the rules and looking at the question and it wasn't clicking..... It was the weirdest thing... like what I was looking at wasn't english... I don't know how to explain it... then I was so disappointed that had skipped game 2, and was on game 3 with 12 min left, and this NEVER happens to me... so I started tearing up... I was considering just stopping the test right there and just canceling... but I figured i'd just push through best I could.... I'm extremely worried this will happen again in December.... :l I really think that it will... Even before today I told myself, just think of it as another PT, don't get anxious... I was feeling fine this morning, I was sort of excited... and even when we started the first section....I was ready to do great.... I just slowly fell apart... I've never had such a thing happen..

So the consensus is I should just cancel rather than see my score? I feel like 75% of why I wouldn't cancel is just because I'm genuinely SO curious as to what my score was.... but it's obviously not near what I'd be happy with. Wish you could cancel, but still get your score or your answer sheet or something.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to give me your input. I really appreciate it from all of you, reading your comments made me a bit feel better.... thank you. :cry:

magickware

Postby magickware » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:37 pm

Ya, I felt the same way the first time I saw a games section on the real thing.

It's a lot more intimidating than the practice ones you do, especially when something doesn't go right and you start to panic.

goldenboy514

Postby goldenboy514 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:54 pm

I'm in same boat as op. Literally same thig happened during the lg section and I'm usually a -1 or perfect lg. I'm takin in December for a 170 and though I know it's not good, I'm not canceling because my first take was really low.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:05 am

magickware wrote:If you cancel within 5 (or was it 6? I forget, check LSAC to be certain) days, then the score just disappears and no one knows.

Yeah, this is just not true.

magickware

Postby magickware » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:12 am

You're right, apologies.

laballermvp9

Postby laballermvp9 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:44 am

I panicked when I had LG (the section I didn't want/never had on the first section for any of my practice exams) and choked. That pretty much affected the rest of the exam for me and I therefore have to retake in December. These things happen to many of us and it's a good learning experience. Sometimes crying is the best way to let everything out, but don't let it linger on for too long (Trust me, I've been upset all day too). Let's take a week off and focus on december!

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:40 am

I know this feel, except that LG panic was in my first section (I haven't missed a LG in ages).

We'll get it in December. Mindset is (almost) everything.

iamgeorgebush

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:28 am

Don't worry. I had a similar feeling of panic during the June test, after realizing I misbubbled a bunch of answers in the last section. I didn't do as well as I had hoped, so I retook and feel pretty good about the retake (still waiting for the score release, of course).

Point is: this isn't the end of the world, and you have another chance. I hear there's another test in December.

Foxtrot2013

Postby Foxtrot2013 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 am

Don't listen to these guys. It is the end of the world. Do yourself a favor and absolutely kill yourself. :P jk

goldenboy514

Postby goldenboy514 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:49 am

Join us....
December lsat 2013 prep thread

Postby 10052014 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

EJL123

Postby EJL123 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm sure it's been a tough ride for you. I definitely felt the same way coming out of this past June's test. Take a week or two to breathe and relax, have some fun, and regain your perspective. Keep your chin up and focus your eyes on the next test. You'll rock the test for sure next time. Cheers, buddy.

EvMont

Postby EvMont » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:34 pm

jaylawyer09 wrote:
Rt887 wrote:The default answer for many always seems to be "retake/cancel." That is not what you need to hear right after taking the LSAT. First of all relax, you're done with the LSAT! Almost everyone - including myself- feels terrible after the LSAT. It is only rational to feel that way after taking a test that you become so invested in, especially given the fact that you can't know your score for a few weeks.
I came very, very close to cancelling. I was scoring 170+ in the weeks before and literally felt as though I was set for a score in the 150's walking out of the classroom; my brain had just melted on section 5. Luckily I did not cancel and ended up with a 170.
I'm not saying your feelings are unwarranted, just that you should take a few days to think about it before cancelling. Even if you're convinced you did terrible, don't forget that most schools take the highest score, so please don't make the decision to cancel a potentially perfectly good score lightly.
Good luck!!!

+1

+1 to this as well. I say relax for the next couple of days. Also, don't cancel. If you do decide to retake, having the information of what you scored and what really and truly sent you down the path of freaking out is invaluable. You can't really understand what happened on test day if you down have the information. And, how can you be sure to prevent it in the future if you don't analyze the data and learn from it? Whether it's a low score or a cancel, neither looks great. Just write a solid addendum for your applications.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”