Just Looking For a Compilation of Everyones Advice

Mr.Esquire

Just Looking For a Compilation of Everyones Advice

Postby Mr.Esquire » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:39 pm

I know questions like these probably get asked all the time, and your going to link me to several different pre-exisiting threads on TLS. I want to make it known I have looked up and through TLS for all kinds of LSAT advice, so I am just looking for anything fresh.

I just took a diagnostic on the JUNE 2007 prep-test and scored a 151. I missed 10 on the Games, 7 on one LR section, 13 on other LR section, and 16 on RC. On pure self evaluation, I know I can get the games much better, RC was/is my toughest section.

My goal is to score in the mid 170's. I know that is a lofty goal. I dont plan on taking the test until JUNE 2014.

Materials I have:
GAMES BIBLE
LR BIBLE
ATLAS READING COMP

Tests 1-69.

If you think of anything that might be useful or helpful to me, please let me know.

Jeffort

Re: Just Looking For a Compilation of Everyones Advice

Postby Jeffort » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:03 pm

I can't tell from your post what types of advice you have and haven't read and do and don't want (what do you consider to be 'fresh' advice?) or if you are asking for advice about study materials to get or study methods to use with your materials. Since there is no single big most important piece of advice other than study and prepare effectively, all I can say based on the limited info you supplied is to start going through the prep books carefully, apply the things you learn to LSAT questions, carefully review mistakes/missed questions and keep track of your trouble areas that need improvement. Without more specific info or specific questions about your prep situation, weaknesses/trouble areas, I don't know what other types of advice to give you or what you are looking for.

The TLS LSAT Study board Index page IS a compilation of everyones LSAT advice that has ever given any on TLS, not sure how you think anyone could further compile it all into one thread of just the important stuff for you. You need to ask answerable questions if you want people here to help you.

magickware

Postby magickware » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Mr.Esquire wrote:I know questions like these probably get asked all the time, and your going to link me to several different pre-exisiting threads on TLS. I want to make it known I have looked up and through TLS for all kinds of LSAT advice

No, you haven't. You missed the sticky named "TLS LSAT Guides, Advice, and Tools"

SecondWind

Postby SecondWind » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:15 am

Jeffort wrote:
The TLS LSAT Study board Index page IS a compilation of everyones LSAT advice that has ever given any on TLS, not sure how you think anyone could further compile it all into one thread of just the important stuff for you. You need to ask answerable questions if you want people here to help you.

^Exactly. "Dig and you will find gold."

bobtheblob916

Postby bobtheblob916 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:13 am

Get Manhattan's LR book. Much much better than the LR Bible, in my opinion. The Bible tells you what type of questions to expect, but Manhattan gives you an attack plan, which is what you really need. Plus its tips and methods just go deeper.

LG Bible is great.

RC requires practice. Read magazines in subjects that give you trouble (science, econ, w/e), and do passages. There are some useful topics about RC here, too.

I had a 154 diag and worked myself up to averaging a ~174 on PTs in about three months. It's all about putting in the time, and searching out new approaches when you plateau.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”