does anybody know?

Hoping4Happiness

does anybody know?

Postby Hoping4Happiness » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:41 pm

If I apply to law schools by mid November, when will I hear back? (l know theres no way to know but l just have no clue so any type of idea would help), and also, when I DO hear back, is there a certain deadline I have to make a decision by (choose their school) or pay them money to hold my spot? I remember someone saying that she heard back from a school in april and they needed her to pay 600$ or else they wouldn't hold her spot?
hope this isn't too confusing, the reason i'm asking is because I plan on going out of the country from Feb-May... is this impractical? I'm going to a location in an impoverished 3rd world where I may not be able to have access to internet/ or be able to make international phone calls... should l cancel the trip? I'm worried about missing some sort of deadline...

francesfarmer

Re: does anybody know?

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Hoping4Happiness wrote:If I apply to law schools by mid November, when will I hear back? (l know theres no way to know but l just have no clue so any type of idea would help), and also, when I DO hear back, is there a certain deadline I have to make a decision by (choose their school) or pay them money to hold my spot? I remember someone saying that she heard back from a school in april and they needed her to pay 600$ or else they wouldn't hold her spot?
hope this isn't too confusing, the reason i'm asking is because I plan on going out of the country from Feb-May... is this impractical? I'm going to a location in an impoverished 3rd world where I may not be able to have access to internet/ or be able to make international phone calls... should l cancel the trip? I'm worried about missing some sort of deadline...

You may hear back from schools before February, but the majority of decisions come out after that. Also, scholarship awards are mostly awarded in that window (and that's the window in which to negotiate), so you will definitely need access to the internet from February through May. You will have to put a deposit down late April/early May, depending on when schools send you decisions. I think I had two weeks to respond when I got an admit in late April of this year.

Will you have access to an internet cafe? That would probably be good enough.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”