going into October test with doubt, lack of preparedness

User avatar
walterwhite
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:31 pm

going into October test with doubt, lack of preparedness

Postby walterwhite » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:35 am

As I've mentioned in a previous post, my studying has kind of hit a wall the past few weeks since school has started.

While I've gone -0/-1 in some LR and LG sections, on more difficult sections I'll still go -5 every now and then or not be able to get through all the games in a particularly difficult LG section.

Will it hurt me to take the test Saturday (possibly post a mediocre score) and then retake in December? or should I just take the December test so I don't have a bad score on my record?

I think I would be better prepared with 2 more months of prep but A) I don't exactly want to take a $120 hit by canceling my registration B) if i took the test in december, right before finals, i would not have any time to write my personal statement, and would likely not finish my apps until after Christmas. And perhaps most importantly C) i would feel like a HUGE pussy for backing down at this late stage. It just wouldn't feel right sleeping until noon on test knowing I should be out there taking the test

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: going into October test with doubt, lack of preparedness

Postby dowu » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:36 am

walterwhite wrote:As I've mentioned in a previous post, my studying has kind of hit a wall the past few weeks since school has started.

While I've gone -0/-1 in some LR and LG sections, on more difficult sections I'll still go -5 every now and then or not be able to get through all the games in a particularly difficult LG section.

Will it hurt me to take the test Saturday (possibly post a mediocre score) and then retake in December? or should I just take the December test so I don't have a bad score on my record?

I think I would be better prepared with 2 more months of prep but A) I don't exactly want to take a $120 hit by canceling my registration B) if i took the test in december, right before finals, i would not have any time to write my personal statement, and would likely not finish my apps until after Christmas. And perhaps most importantly C) i would feel like a HUGE pussy for backing down at this late stage. It just wouldn't feel right sleeping until noon on test knowing I should be out there taking the test

Don't feel like a huge pussy for backing out. This test is important. Also, just know that you'll have two retakes if you need them. Good luck.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: going into October test with doubt, lack of preparedness

Postby Jeffort » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:00 am

You don't have to postpone working on your PS and other application materials just cuz you postpone the LSAT. :wink:

If you are pretty certain you will not achieve the best score you already know you are capable of this Saturday due to stress and distractions from finals, it would be wise to postpone the LSAT, not wimpy.

The reg $$ is gone either way, possibly with a bad score to remember what you spent it on as a reminder of a bad decision if it turns out that way.

If you're not ready to do your best, it's best not to take it. What are you shooting for and what are your most recent PT scores? That's really what's important to base this decision on.

User avatar
walterwhite
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: going into October test with doubt, lack of preparedness

Postby walterwhite » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:59 pm

shooting for a 170. i've been doing well on LR, but I still have trouble getting through all 4 logic games on time. haven't really practiced RC a lot because I'm trying to bring my LG scores up.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vino.Veritas and 4 guests