What to expect before the first section starts...

cantthinkofgoodname

What to expect before the first section starts...

Postby cantthinkofgoodname » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 pm

Hey all,

So I am not taking the LSAT on Saturday, but I am planning on going to one of the testing centers in my city to take a full length practice test on Saturday (doing it in the same building as it being held, at the same time, etc.).

So in the interest of following timings as closely as possible I am wondering if some of you fine people whom have taken the test officially (or perhaps proctored one) would be able to tell me how long it takes (approximately) for the proctor to explain everything before (s)he lets the test takers begin. That way I can take about that much time after everyone enters the room before I actually start.

thanks!!

magickware

Re: What to expect before the first section starts...

Postby magickware » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:14 am

My first take- 45-50 minutes or so.
My second take- 1hr?

As I understand it, expect it to take at least 40 minutes. There are supposed horror stories of it taking upwards of two.

SecondWind

Postby SecondWind » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:49 am

It's a lot of administrative work. eg. verifying your identity, reading the rules of the test and how it will be proctored, and passing out the tests one by one by one by one....

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Mine took no more than 30 minutes. They were small classrooms of maybe 20 students each, however.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”