UVA TESTING CENTER AND 12 PM FOOTBALL GAME

Jsea

UVA TESTING CENTER AND 12 PM FOOTBALL GAME

Postby Jsea » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:12 am

The start time for Virginia's Oct. 5 home game was just announced. The game begins at 12 pm. The test site is about 400 feet from the stadium. Thus, we'll be taking the test while the marching band does its thing and some dude yells into the loudspeaker and the crowds roar. Plus the marching band will warm up nearby. I imagine the noise will begin significantly before 12 pm.

Does anyone have experience taking a test in the middle of a distraction zone like this? Has anyone ever gotten a test site changed? Are any UVA test-takers out there concerned, or knowledgeable about who to contact to express concern?

Thanks.

JWP1022

Re: UVA TESTING CENTER AND 12 PM FOOTBALL GAME

Postby JWP1022 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:28 am

I have called LSAC and had my testing center changed a week before the test. I would do this ASAP.

While I love football, expecting yourself to take the effing LSAT in the middle of a college football game is pure lunacy. Just because you might be able to stay focused with that kind of distraction doesn't mean you should try to on game day.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:52 am

Definitely change your location if possible. I took my first LSAT at UVA and it is right next to the football stadium, and noise will be insane. The testing room is maybe 100 feet away from glass doors, which themselves are 400 ft from the stadium. Plus, drunk tailgaters will be wandering the hallways looking for a bathroom.

Good luck brahs

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:13 am

It always amazes me to hear about bad testing centers from schools with great law programs.

KingofSplitters55

Postby KingofSplitters55 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:17 am

Change it ASAP. I love UVA and I know the school spirit is incredible - don't be surprised if they overrun your testing center in all the glory!

JWP1022

Postby JWP1022 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:42 am

SteelPenguin wrote:It always amazes me to hear about bad testing centers from schools with great law programs.

Takes for granted that a prominent academic institution would prioritize the well-being of test takers over the millions of dollars in revenue brought in by a college football game.

kky215

Postby kky215 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:08 am

Woah. WTF football game on the day of the LSAT?
What a effing coincidence.

I will be taking the LSAT at CUNY LAW.
Does anyone know if anything's happening on that day?
I checked the CUNY LAW website but no special event is listed there..
I am hoping and praying that nothing happens..

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:20 am

Community college test centers FTW.

Also, ACC ACC ACC ACC.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:21 pm

JWP1022 wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:It always amazes me to hear about bad testing centers from schools with great law programs.

Takes for granted that a prominent academic institution would prioritize the well-being of test takers over the millions of dollars in revenue brought in by a college football game.

Silly me. Thankfully, I never decided to sign up for Columbia or NYU testing centers assuming this.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:32 pm

UVA students give a shit about their tiny pink football team? I had no idea.

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:49 pm

dr123 wrote:UVA students give a shit about their tiny pink football team? I had no idea.

It's an ACC school and they don't have a basketball team to fall back on. Crappy BCS football programs (I went to an UG with one) are also very good at convincing freshman that they need to go to EVERY game. And even if your team sucks, the tailgates and games are still pretty fun.

Jsea

Postby Jsea » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks for the tips. I've spent the whole morning on this, making no headway, sadly. LSAC says that showing up as a test taker on standby is the only option, this close to the test date. And at UVA the test administrator convinced me the building is hermetically sealed. I don't believe her. I'll continue pestering a few people.

People here do care about the football -- the town essentially shuts down, which is fine if you have nothing else to do that day (like take a test).

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Jsea wrote:Thanks for the tips. I've spent the whole morning on this, making no headway, sadly. LSAC says that showing up as a test taker on standby is the only option, this close to the test date. And at UVA the test administrator convinced me the building is hermetically sealed. I don't believe her. I'll continue pestering a few people.

People here do care about the football -- the town essentially shuts down, which is fine if you have nothing else to do that day (like take a test).

If it's hermetically sealed, make sure that you can bring an oxygen tank so you can breathe. That building's gonna run out of oxygen pretty fast.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”