Blind Review during drills?

akechi

Blind Review during drills?

Postby akechi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:52 pm

I know it is common knowledge to always BR after completing a fully simulated PT, but how many of you feel that doing BR after a set of un-timed LR drills is also beneficial?

For example, after finishing 50 Weaken questions, would you go back and review any answers you were unsure of? It would seem a bit over-the-top considering that you just spent an un-limited amount of time on each question. I am mainly asking because DD's guide seems to suggest that BRing after drills also serves to benefit the prepper by really forcing the individual to double check and review the reasoning process that he/she underwent in order to arrive at the chosen answer.

WaltGrace83

Re: Blind Review during drills?

Postby WaltGrace83 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:33 pm

akechi wrote:I know it is common knowledge to always BR after completing a fully simulated PT, but how many of you feel that doing BR after a set of un-timed LR drills is also beneficial?

For example, after finishing 50 Weaken questions, would you go back and review any answers you were unsure of? It would seem a bit over-the-top considering that you just spent an un-limited amount of time on each question. I am mainly asking because DD's guide seems to suggest that BRing after drills also serves to benefit the prepper by really forcing the individual to double check and review the reasoning process that he/she underwent in order to arrive at the chosen answer.

Blind review ALWAYS. Even if its only SLIGHTLY beneficial in untimed work because that could be the difference between a 169 and a 170 or a scholarship and sticker

SecondWind

Postby SecondWind » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 pm

It will help you slightly. HOWEVER, I don't think you should do it unless you have A LOT of time on your hands. The time/pay off ratio would be very low. There's a lot more productive things you could be doing with that time.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:30 am

SecondWind wrote:It will help you sighly. HOWEVER, I don't think you should do it unless you have A LOT of time on your hands. The time/pay off ratio would be very low. There's a lot more productive things you could be doing with that time.

Yes, this ^

Blind review isn't really helpful with drilling because it is meant to be a tool for comparing your decisions/reasoning process with the same material under two different sets of conditions, time pressure like test day vs. no time pressure to mess you up by getting you to fail to apply all proper strategies or mess analysis up mainly due to rushing. With that type of comparison you can better figure out your specific weaknesses that are vulnerable to time pressure as well as weaknesses that are with fundamentals/concepts/applying techniques regardless of time pressure. You don't get any such type of comparison doing blind review of stuff you drilled, so it is kinda pointless other than for reviewing the questions you already know you had trouble with.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”