Endurance Tips for LR?

laballermvp9

Endurance Tips for LR?

Postby laballermvp9 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:57 am

Hey guys,

So I tend to do well on one LR section (like around -5 or -6) but my score jumps up to a range between -8 or -11 on the second LR section. I understand that one LR tends to be tougher than the other, but I still believe I'm misreading questions due to fatigue. So does anyone have any particular tips to cure this problem? Particular energy bars, drinks, or any other items that could potentially help (with the exception of adderall of course because I think's it's a little too late to adjust to it). Any responses would be appreciated!

yot11

Re: Endurance Tips for LR?

Postby yot11 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:05 pm

I personally found that I was able to stay awake/sharper better with physical stimulants rather than chemical. So taking sips out of a bottle of water and chewing gum just to keep my body moving helped me more than caffeine.

Of course it's a no go on test day, for which I just got hopped up on caffeine and rode the adrenaline through.

Good luck!

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:10 pm

start doing more than 25 questions before taking a break, or start doing back to back RC sections. That will help train your brain to be able to stay awake and focused.

JJ123

Postby JJ123 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm a firm believer in hitting the caffeine. Hard.

Obviously, test day should not be when you figure out what your tolerance is, but an energy drink or 3 can be a huge advantage.

northwood

Postby northwood » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:40 pm

the day of the test is not the day you want to be experimenting with anything.

tigersaresexy

Postby tigersaresexy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:50 pm

Drink a Red Bull. Do not, under any circumstance, take Adderral unless you literally cannot function without taking it everyday. Addy will straight up kill your LG score, I did an experiment last week where I took a LG section and then 5 days later took the same one again after taking addy. Scored both, and got a -4 on the addy one and a -1 on the first one. The worst part was while I was doing it I didn't think it was going poorly, I actually thought I was doing well.

I've gotten into the habit of drinking half a red bull right before the test, drinking half in the break along with a 'bad carbs' snack, like potato chips, for a rush of energy (you only need it for an hour). Some people drink a whole one each time, I tend to pop a no-doz in the morning (totally not a morning person) so I don't need any more.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”