Not enough time in the day!

zachthorn

Not enough time in the day!

Postby zachthorn » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Let me start off by saying that I have been lurking here since the beginning of my preparation and have learned a great deal. I was originally planning on sitting for the October test. I started studying in July and thought that I would have enough time to be testing within the range that I wanted come test day. That is not what happened.
I currently work at a law firm doing various administrative tasks, unfortunately I pull in around 50 hours a week which, and am also finishing up my undergrad which not only leaves little time to study, but by the end of the day feeling very unmotivated to open up that powerscore book. I somehow managed to get at least 20 hours a week in which meant going straight home and studying until I fell asleep and devoting most of my weekend as well. Things started off great, I went from a 155 diagnostic to scoring in the 158-160 range within a few weeks. Soon though I noticed my progress actually doing a reverse and spent most of the time getting frustrated and not absorbing what I was studying. I got through the LR bible, halfway through the LG Bible, halfway through the LR bible and 15 PTs. I am definitely burned out and have decided not take the October exam and am shooting for maybe the Feb one. My schedule is probably going to be like this for the foreseeable future, and my question is, is there any benefit to only studying around 10 hours a week, and shooting for a later exam or should I wait to take it when I can clear my schedule up a bit and can really dedicate my time to it? My goal is to get in for the start of the 2015-2016 school year so if I have to postpone it until I get to my desired score then it is not the end of the world. I just don't want to waste my time and do something that would be detrimental to my studies, because I know that with the proper study regimen and discipline I can get to at least the 165 range.

Thank you.

objection_your_honor

Re: Not enough time in the day!

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Why not shoot for June 2014? That way you still have the retake option in October 2014, and you don't have to kill yourself with studying so much throughout the week. Working + LSAT can be hard, but slow and steady will get you there.

Follow NoodleyOne's retaker guide (even though you aren't a retaker). You could be drilling/working through textbook content until February, and then start adding in PTs.

zachthorn

Re: Not enough time in the day!

Postby zachthorn » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:28 am

Thanks for the reply, I figured it couldnt hurt. Im just finding it hard to study without being in "lsat mode," which led to me being burnt out. Im hoping I can find a happy medium. Since I am not on any exact time schedlue as far as starting law school, I figure that I could study at my pace until I am scoring in the range that I want.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”