Anyone here taken the LSAT abroad?

tigersaresexy

Anyone here taken the LSAT abroad?

Postby tigersaresexy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm curious about what, if anything, is different about it. Mine is on october 6th, so that's the major difference (almost had a heart attack arguing with someone in America over the date)

Not really sure why it's later though, is it the same test as the North American one? Do they like, release it in the states on test day and then need a day to print out the booklets overseas? Or is it the same as the saturday Sabbath observers test?

meegee

Re: Anyone here taken the LSAT abroad?

Postby meegee » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:14 am

A few things you should know upfront. I haven't taken the LSAT, and I'm not taking the LSAT abroad.
Are you taking it in Asia by chance? Asia is one day ahead of the US, so to speak. So while it's Saturday for the US, it would be Sunday in Asia. That could be part of the reason why. If it was taken on Saturday in Asia, technically, you could have time to let people in the US know what kind of questions you had before they have taken their October exam. Anyway, it's probably due to the time zone difference.

ETA: I have no idea if it will be the same test as the US one.

neprep

Postby neprep » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:53 am

meegee wrote:A few things you should know upfront. I haven't taken the LSAT, and I'm not taking the LSAT abroad.
Are you taking it in Asia by chance? Asia is one day ahead of the US, so to speak. So while it's Saturday for the US, it would be Sunday in Asia. That could be part of the reason why. If it was taken on Saturday in Asia, technically, you could have time to let people in the US know what kind of questions you had before they have taken their October exam. Anyway, it's probably due to the time zone difference.

ETA: I have no idea if it will be the same test as the US one.

It's not the same test. Despite the time difference, there is still a window of time in which NA test takers could transmit questions to those in Asia.

tigersaresexy

Postby tigersaresexy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:42 am

meegee wrote:If it was taken on Saturday in Asia, technically, you could have time to let people in the US know what kind of questions you had before they have taken their October exam. Anyway, it's probably due to the time zone difference.

The time difference is about 12 hours (I am in India), so technically American test takers could tell me what was on the test 12 hours before I take it...so I imagine the tests are different to prevent that...

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:59 am

The same myths often come up related to the Sabbath observers' test administration, which is also on a different day. Here's a pretty good breakdown of myths and facts:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=214521

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”