LSAT

usernotfound

LSAT

Postby usernotfound » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Maybe twice if you're lucky.
Last edited by usernotfound on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffort

Re: Skip October and Register for December?

Postby Jeffort » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Going from around 160 now to 170+ in two weeks is extremely unlikely to happen. It requires you to cut the number of questions you are missing by about 50%, which requires much more improvement than just cutting down on careless mistakes and getting faster under timed pressure.

If you are determined to hit or at least get close to 170 you definitely need to push back to December since you have a lot more work to get there.

dnptan

Postby dnptan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Unless going for Yale, do both.

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:58 pm

dnptan wrote:Unless going for Yale, do both.

I guess it's possible that I do slightly better than expected on October and end up with a 163-164, but should I really risk having a lower exam on my record if I'm going to be taking December anyways?

haus

Postby haus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:26 pm

usernotfound wrote:

I guess it's possible that I do slightly better than expected on October and end up with a 163-164, but should I really risk having a lower exam on my record if I'm going to be taking December anyways?

http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/mistak ... at-advice/

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:51 pm

haus wrote:
usernotfound wrote:

I'm fairly certain I can raise my score to where I am at least consistently scoring a few more points than I am now.

I suppose that if I am already registered for October, I should just study until then and do my best, and take the exam in December as well, while studying during the October waiting period. If law schools really don't care about multiple scores, and just look at the highest, then it shouldn't really hurt I guess.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:34 pm

usernotfound wrote:
haus wrote:
usernotfound wrote:

I'm fairly certain I can raise my score to where I am at least consistently scoring a few more points than I am now.

I suppose that if I am already registered for October, I should just study until then and do my best, and take the exam in December as well, while studying during the October waiting period. If law schools really don't care about multiple scores, and just look at the highest, then it shouldn't really hurt I guess.

If you have virtually no shot at getting a score you're not happy with, please don't take the test. Taking it won't do you any good, and you'll never know when that last take might come in handy. What if you have a distracting proctor in December or you wake up sick and underperform for the December test? Then you may only have 1 test under "good" circumstances.

usernotfound

Postby usernotfound » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:00 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:If you have virtually no shot at getting a score you're not happy with, please don't take the test. Taking it won't do you any good, and you'll never know when that last take might come in handy. What if you have a distracting proctor in December or you wake up sick and underperform for the December test? Then you may only have 1 test under "good" circumstances.

You make a good point. I appreciate the input.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”