So you've just taken a diagnostic

Kimikho

So you've just taken a diagnostic

Postby Kimikho » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:47 pm

Before you jump in here with a question about how much you can improve, here are some (from I think the first four or so pages of search results) previously asked questions:

Diagnostic
Started from 163, what are my chances of getting 175?
How much can I expect to improve?
Got a 161 on first practice test--will a class benefit me?
157 diagnostic
Can you really study your way to a 170+ LSAT?
will my LSAT likely increase?
Is there hope for me
Months/hours of prep and score improvement
165 diagnostic
Do you remember your first PT score?
164 No Studying - Now What?
Trying to Decide if Its Worth It---Practice Score 146
Just took my first diagnostic with Testmasters
154 on cold diagnostic?
141 need to jump 24 points, possible?
seeking advisement regarding first LSAT diagnostic
whats meant by first LSAT diagnostic?
What Next? Guide me TLS
First ever practice diagnostic score of 138 --> Give up?

Note that this is by no means comprehensive, and I didn't actually read all of those, so some of them might not explicitly answer the "diagnostic now what" question.

The general consensus is that you can improve TREMENDOUSLY with hard work and that there is no score--not even a 179--that will excuse you from studying.

Hope this helps everyone! :)
Last edited by Kimikho on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neprep

Re: So you've just taken a diagnostic

Postby neprep » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:27 pm

scoobers wrote:Before you jump in here with a question about how much you can improve, here are some (from I think the first four or so pages of search results) previously asked questions:

Started from 163, what are my chances of getting 175?
How much can I expect to improve?
Got a 161 on first practice test--will a class benefit me?
157 diagnostic
Can you really study your way to a 170+ LSAT?
will my LSAT likely increase?
Is there hope for me
Months/hours of prep and score improvement
165 diagnostic
Do you remember your first PT score?
164 No Studying - Now What?
Trying to Decide if Its Worth It---Practice Score 146
Just took my first diagnostic with Testmasters
154 on cold diagnostic?
141 need to jump 24 points, possible?
seeking advisement regarding first LSAT diagnostic
whats meant by first LSAT diagnostic?
What Next? Guide me TLS
First ever practice diagnostic score of 138 --> Give up?

Note that this is by no means comprehensive, and I didn't actually read all of those, so some of them might not explicitly answer the "diagnostic now what" question.

The general consensus is that you can improve TREMENDOUSLY with hard work and that there is no score--not even a 179--that will excuse you from studying.

Hope this helps everyone! :)

This post is credited.

It should be sent to the inbox of everyone who registers with TLS, along with something similar for the actual law school application side of things.

t-14orbust

Postby t-14orbust » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:31 pm

I just played my first round of golf and scored below par. What are my chances of getting into the PGA tour in the future?

Hotguy

Postby Hotguy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:09 pm

t-14orbust wrote:I just played my first round of golf and scored below par. What are my chances of getting into the PGA tour in the future?

Not very high, considering how many people play golf and how many make it into the PGA tour. But don't quit!

t-14orbust

Postby t-14orbust » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:10 pm

Hotguy wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:I just played my first round of golf and scored below par. What are my chances of getting into the PGA tour in the future?

Not very high, considering how many people play golf and how many make it into the PGA tour. But don't quit!

But it is learn-able though, right?!

Hotguy

Postby Hotguy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:30 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
Hotguy wrote:

It is almost 100% learn-able. However, It all depends on how well you personally learn as in, your natural aptitude to playing golf, and how much time you're willing to put in, in order to get better. The odds are against you though. Out of all the people who play golf, maybe 99% of the people don't make it into the PGA tour.

t-14orbust

Postby t-14orbust » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Hotguy wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
Hotguy wrote:

It is almost 100% learn-able. However, It all depends on how well you personally learn as in, your natural aptitude to playing golf, and how much time you're willing to put in, in order to get better. The odds are against you though. Out of all the people who play golf, maybe 99% of the people don't make it into the PGA tour.

That's not helpful, I think I'm pretty special. I'm going to make another thread about this without bothering to search for the question

Hotguy

Postby Hotguy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:41 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
t-14orbust wrote:
Hotguy wrote: just played my first round of golf and scored below par. What are my chances of getting into the PGA tour in the future?

That's not helpful, I think I'm pretty special. I'm going to make another thread about this without bothering to search for the question

That's quite fine, and an option that you have. But I do have to note that, while you're a very special snowflake, most people will say the same thing, every time - because who else can tell whether you can or cannot make it into the PGA tour, aside from you(and that guy from that tv show that can see the future... Chris angel?!) after working hard on your golfing skills.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Hah. One of those threads is mine, and I was so dishonest with myself to score it a 154. I really scored a 149 and just went over time on RC.

Good post though.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”