LSAT Prep Canada (Montreal or Toronto)

Zzzzzzzz

LSAT Prep Canada (Montreal or Toronto)

Postby Zzzzzzzz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a Junior student in Canada. I looked into various LSAT prep courses, and Blueprint seems to be the best program out there. Unfortunately, they don't have a branch in Canada/Montreal. Does anyone know what is the best way to prepare for the LSAT in Canada? I've heard some terrible things about Kaplan, so I'm afraid to try. I'm not too motivated an individual, so I think I will have to take a course. Are online courses helpful? Should I hire private tutors? Anyone has any suggestions? I want to go to the states for law school, so I need a high LSAT as an international student. Help!

LSAT Blog

Re: LSAT Prep Canada (Montreal or Toronto)

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Many test-takers have success with online courses. I have some low-cost courses (and many free video explanations for Logic Games), available here:

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/p/lsat-pre ... tions.html

Many private tutors (including myself) offer distance tutoring via phone/Skype. However, if you're looking for in-person tutoring in Montreal, I'd suggest sending a PM to TLS user Graeme.

jptw88

Postby jptw88 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:32 pm

hi zzzzzzzzzz,
I think BluePrint, Powerscore and Testmasters are all great. Both Powerscore and Testmasters utilize a similar strategy. As for Kaplan and Princeton Review, i'd steer clear unless your LSAT Diagnostic is 155+.

A live prep course does NOT guarantee a high score anymore than an online course. I took an online course and don't think that classroom instruction would have resulted in a higher LSAT score. If at all, i think classroom instruction could even be a detriment. Some have the impression that information from classroom instruction is more easily absorbed/comprehended as in comparison to virtual instruction, therefore they don't feel the need to allocate any time for personal review.

Hope this helps, Good luck with your LSAT prep.

Zzzzzzzz

Postby Zzzzzzzz » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:04 pm

What about Manhattan LSAT? Has anyone tried/heard of that one? I know they have some classes in Canada...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”