167 9 off on games. Should I retake? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chingwoo

Bronze

167 9 off on games. Should I retake?

Post by chingwoo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:46 pm

So I screwed up. June LSAT -2 CR -2 LR -2 LR -9 LG Classic problem I get myself in, getting killed on the section thats supposed to be the easiest if you put work into it.

Should I retake? I have a 2.8-3.2 and would be taking December since I intend on applying this cycle.
Last edited by chingwoo on Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Re: 167 9 off on games. Should I retake?

Post by Nonconsecutive » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Yes, especially because it was on games. I would start studying immediately if you have not already.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:40 am

As long as you are motivated to put in the time and live in LSAT mode again for the next 2.5 months it would be dumb not to retake. You just have to study, prep and drill hard 100% to make it worthwhile. If you do that there is no rational reason you shouldn't be able to master LGs as well as keep your LR and RC performance in tip top shape like it was in June in order to get something in the 170s.

If you have any difficulty getting yourself motivated to go full tilt prepping for the re-take, just spend more time on LSN and other places comparing your chances of getting into T14 schools with a 3.0 167 vs. various 170+ scores. If the admission chances differences (and $$ possibilities at some schools for 170+ scores) don't motivate you, then nothing will.

Get cracking again with those LSAT books!

gitguy

Bronze

Post by gitguy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:46 pm

chingwoo wrote:So I screwed up. June LSAT -2 CR -2 LR -2 LR -9 LG Classic problem I get myself in, getting killed on the section thats supposed to be the easiest if you put work into it.

Should I retake? I have a 3.0 and would be taking December since I intend on applying this cycle.
We're in the same boat. I'm retaking in June. My brain wiring makes that a tough section for me, too. But, it is definitely learnable and you just need to work at it.

You're gonna need all the help you can get with a 3.0. Trust me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”