Checking Your PT Scores the Week before the Actual LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Squintz805

New

Checking Your PT Scores the Week before the Actual LSAT

Post by Squintz805 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:02 am

I'm planning on taking as little as 1 and as many as 4 PT's in the final week before the actual LSAT on Oct. 5th.

With that in mind, whats the recommendation on checking your PT scores? Is it suggested not to check -- for getting a score below your average can ruin motivation/mind set for test day? Not to confuse with reviewing thoroughly.

Is it a good idea to check your answers to make those last bit of adjustments necessary in preparing for judgment day?

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and would love to hear some variables may not be considering.

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Checking Your PT Scores the Week before the Actual LSAT

Post by Jeffort » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:05 am

Your question is confusing. Are you asking whether or not you should actually grade practice tests after you take them to figure out the scaled score you achieved on it? If so, that seems like a silly question since I don't know how else to judge performance than by checking your score after each practice test and looking at which ones you got wrong. Am I misunderstanding your question?

Innovative

New

Post by Innovative » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 am

I'm not sure what your are PTing at, but I would recommend grading and reviewing the questions you missed. It wouldn't be a good idea to go into test day missing a problem (e.g. maybe you were getting circular reasoning confused) that could have easily been corrected with review. Additionally, scoring the test gives you more motivation because it lets you know where you need to really focus in on.

wowhio

Bronze

Post by wowhio » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:33 pm

I took tons of practice tests, and I did not score the last five(ish) before the actual test. I definitely definitely think it helped me. Getting hung up on the score can be very counterproductive in those last few days. Obviously, in general you'll want to score and review them but I think in the home stretch save yourself the anxiety. You'll be more relaxed on test day, and it'll be reflected in the score that really matters.

Chriz

Bronze

Post by Chriz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:47 pm

What I did was I did retakes the last week specifically 66,67,68 and since they were retakes they were all around 177-179. This was a good morale boost going into the test. I also took PT69 fresh the Thursday before under testing conditions as close as I could get them because I wanted to know where I was really sitting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”