Test Day Life-Hacks?

wtrc

Re: Test Day Life-Hacks?

Postby wtrc » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:27 am

Re diphenhydramine:

Maybe 5 years ago, I used to take it a lot and didn't experience a hangover the next day. I would take 2 and see how quickly I can pass out.

Something changed like a year or two later. When I took it (both times) I was so out of it the next day. It was really weird and at first I didn't put the two together, I thought maybe I just needed more coffee. I was visiting a friend that weekend and just was the most boring person ever for 24 hours.

So ya, that stuff *can* cause an awful hangover. Idk why it suddenly started doing that for me

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 am

Last edited by Kimikho on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

neprep

Postby neprep » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:01 pm

scoobers wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:Re diphenhydramine:

Maybe 5 years ago, I used to take it a lot and didn't experience a hangover the next day. I would take 2 and see how quickly I can pass out.

Something changed like a year or two later. When I took it (both times) I was so out of it the next day. It was really weird and at first I didn't put the two together, I thought maybe I just needed more coffee. I was visiting a friend that weekend and just was the most boring person ever for 24 hours.

So ya, that stuff *can* cause an awful hangover. Idk why it suddenly started doing that for me

DUDE I did the same thing. I used to take it all the time and I would be fine. Now if I take like, an 1/8th of a pill, I can't function the next day. I think before I had worked up a massive tolerance or something.

This sounds like an LR question in the making...

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:05 pm

/
Last edited by Kimikho on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:17 pm

Is the report to center address on your admission ticket necessarily the room you take the test in? I notice mine's a 300 person lecture hall, so I don't expect a whole lot of space if it is. Nearby to this room is a 100 seat room with actual big desks. I'd love for them to also place people in this room.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:50 pm

My only piece of advice is to wait until the last minute to actually enter the classroom. Once you go in, you can't leave until the test starts. The first time I took the LSAT I was sitting there for 30+ minutes while people trickled in. Then they go over the rules, pass the books out to everyone. This easily takes 20-30 mins. Had to piss before the test even started.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:07 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:My only piece of advice is to wait until the last minute to actually enter the classroom. Once you go in, you can't leave until the test starts. The first time I took the LSAT I was sitting there for 30+ minutes while people trickled in. Then they go over the rules, pass the books out to everyone. This easily takes 20-30 mins. Had to piss before the test even started.

The ticket says to report by 8:30, so to be clear, are you suggesting we walk into the room at 8:29?

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Otunga wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:My only piece of advice is to wait until the last minute to actually enter the classroom. Once you go in, you can't leave until the test starts. The first time I took the LSAT I was sitting there for 30+ minutes while people trickled in. Then they go over the rules, pass the books out to everyone. This easily takes 20-30 mins. Had to piss before the test even started.

The ticket says to report by 8:30, so to be clear, are you suggesting we walk into the room at 8:29?

Basically. People start forming lines to enter their assigned classroom as soon as they start accepting tickets (at my center, this was around 8:00). On my second take, I waited around/went to the bathroom and only entered the room with about 5 minutes left. It helps to confirm with the person taking the tickets. (I said "Do I have a few minutes? I'll be right back." Just so they don't shut the door prematurely.)

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:45 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:
Otunga wrote:

Basically. People start forming lines to enter their assigned classroom as soon as they start accepting tickets (at my center, this was around 8:00). On my second take, I waited around/went to the bathroom and only entered the room with about 5 minutes left. It helps to confirm with the person taking the tickets. (I said "Do I have a few minutes? I'll be right back." Just so they don't shut the door prematurely.)

Good advice. In June, the "reporting time" was 12:30, so at 12:30, all the people who were there queued up into two lines (the test was held in two different rooms, sorted alphabetically by last name). It probably took 20-30 minutes to process those lines, so rather than immediately jumping into line, I could have sat in the waiting area and chilled until the lines were almost gone. Once you're in the room, there's nothing to do but wait until the last person is checked in and the test can start anyway.

Obviously, don't wait so long to get checked in that you're holding up the process, but there's no advantage to being at the front of the check-in line, either.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”