Take October exam or wait until December?

rushmore
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Take October exam or wait until December?

Postby rushmore » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:35 pm

Hello all,

I'm a newbie here and I am looking for some advice, hoping the vets can accommodate me.

I've been actively prepping for the LSAT since the beginning of September of this year. I took a cold diagnostic about a year ago, and ended up with a 157. My GPA is very average and I would need about a 170-175 on the actual exam in order to be admitted to my schools of choice.

As the exam date draws near, I am not sure if it is prudent to take the exam.

I've studied since the beginning of the September, for about 2.5-3 hours per day.
- I've been drilling the Cambridge divided-by-type packages
- I've read all of RC and some of LG and LR from the Manhattan guides
- I've read all of RC and some of LG from the PowerScore guides
- I've not taken any practice tests since my original diagnostic over a year ago

I want to apply for, and hopefully be admitted, for the 2014 school year. To my understanding many schools (especially in Canada, where I am located) do not accept scores from the February administration. I don't feel that I'm ready for the October test with my preparation, and it would potentially be a waste, one of my three chances. Yet if I want to be admitted for 2014, why not take the October as a trial/experience?

Any advice or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Editing to add some detail:

- I am strongest in RC, weakest in LG
- I have trouble with time and stamina

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

rushmore
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: Take October exam or wait until December?

Postby rushmore » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:47 pm

I have not been PTing at all. If I had to guess it would probably be around 160, peaking at 165.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hephaestus
Posts: 2385
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Re: Take October exam or wait until December?

Postby hephaestus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:10 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
rushmore wrote:I have not been PTing at all. If I had to guess it would probably be around 160, peaking at 165.


I would wait.

This. It too late to not be PTing.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: Take October exam or wait until December?

Postby ScottRiqui » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:06 pm

rushmore wrote:I've been actively prepping for the LSAT since the beginning of September of this year.


As in, the last thirteen days? Yeah, you're not ready for October. It takes more than a month to reach anywhere near your potential, especially if LG is your weak area. Personally, I found that my progress in games came in fits and starts, and even with several months of prep, I still hadn't reached my potential by the time I took the LSAT for the first time.

rushmore
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: Take October exam or wait until December?

Postby rushmore » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks everyone for confirming my suspicions. I will move my test date to December.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dj9i27 and 5 guests