Practice Tests?

archieg

Practice Tests?

Postby archieg » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:27 am

Is it best to take all the practice preptests from the beginning, or is it better to focus on more recent ones? If so, which ones? (After 40, 50, etc.)

What's the optimal number of practice tests to take? One per day? One every two days? 2 or 3 per week?

I know I've been asking noob questions lately. Thank you for your patience!

Jeffort

Re: Practice Tests?

Postby Jeffort » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:11 am

I hope you have a more substantial study plan than mainly just taking a bunch of practice tests.

Which test are you planning on taking and how long and how have you been preparing so far?
When, how many and how often to take practice tests depends on where you are in the study process.

archieg

Postby archieg » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:36 pm

Jeffort wrote:I hope you have a more substantial study plan than mainly just taking a bunch of practice tests.

Which test are you planning on taking and how long and how have you been preparing so far?
When, how many and how often to take practice tests depends on where you are in the study process.

I've gone through the LGB and am up to Ch. 7 (I don't know whether to focus on that one too much or not), and should be starting up LRB soon. Time permitting, I'd like to go over the Manhattan books, if I still have time.

I plan on taking the December LSAT.

At least 2 exams per week until then seems about right, starting with the most recent ones?

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:25 pm

archieg wrote:
Jeffort wrote:I hope you have a more substantial study plan than mainly just taking a bunch of practice tests.

I've gone through the LGB and am up to Ch. 7 (I don't know whether to focus on that one too much or not), and should be starting up LRB soon. Time permitting, I'd like to go over the Manhattan books, if I still have time.

I plan on taking the December LSAT.

At least 2 exams per week until then seems about right, starting with the most recent ones?

Start in the 40s as you move into timed tests, but save a couple for experimentals. Then, as the test gets closer, move into the 50s with 5 section tests. Use the 60s the month before.

I skipped the 40s mostly and wish I hadn't, because while PT 40 and PT 69 are quite different, PT 40 and PT 41 aren't. I would recommend skipping around somewhat so that you aren't taking the absolute most recent tests two weeks before December, but the 40s and 50s provide a nice transition into the 60s.

TL;DR: don't start with the 60s or 50s.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”