A whole gamut of test day questions

Kimikho

A whole gamut of test day questions

Postby Kimikho » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Bored at work. Stressing about October. Got some questions.

1.) If we have medical stuff we have to bring, do we have to prove that the stuff is prescribed? I'm assuming this is a no, but I want to be sure. By proof I mean bring it in the prescription bottle, etc.

2.) Chapstick is not on the list of acceptable items. Please convince me that it is okay.

3.) So that fifteen minute break. I'm assuming it is fifteen minutes, plus another five or so to hand the tests back out, right?

4.) Can we eat while they are checking people in?

5.) Do you smile in your passport photo? I would have thought the answer is "doesn't matter," but the other day a cashier asked me to smile when checking my ID.

6.) I don't have my soc memorized. Can I write it on my ticket?

7.) I wear glasses. I don't have to wear them to drive, though, so I'm not wearing glasses in my driver's license. I will be wearing them on the test day though. Do I take the photo with my glasses, without my glasses, or do I take two???

8.) When you take the MCAT, you aren't allowed to remove your sweatshirt while you take the test. Is this true for the LSAT????????

The probability that I will think of more questions to ask later today is really, really high. At this point I have practically gone full Spongebob and forgotten everything I know except fine dining LSAT and breathing.

Nonconsecutive

Re: A whole gamut of test day questions

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:02 pm

On a crummy wireless connection at the moment, so I can't do the research some of your questions would require. However, I can offer a few things from my own experience from my first LSAT.

1. I am not positive on this, there was a person near me who had a prescription bottle, but the proctors didn't give it a second glance. I don't remember seeing anyone with OTC bottles though.

2. Several people had chapstick in their bags, proctors did not care.

3. For me, it was 15 minutes from the time they had collected all the tests. After 15 minutes you needed to be back in your seat, ready for the tests to be handed out. So yes, you are correct.

4. At my testing center, yes.

5. I did not, but a few of the people I talked to before the test had big grins in theirs. This made no difference at all with LSAC.

6. I'd work on memorizing it, just because its a good idea. I can't remember for sure, but I do remember I wrote my LSAC number on something (not realizing it would be accessible to me) and had no issues. So I would guess you could.

7. Glasses or no glasses, its not going to matter. Since you'll be wearing them test day, I'd take the photo with glasses, in case your proctor is a 200 year old nearly blind man.

8. People removed jackets during testing in my center, the proctors watched them like hawks though.

Postby 062914123 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:03 am

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

altoid99

Postby altoid99 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:10 am

You dont have to memorize your LSAC#. And if you dont have your SSN memorized by now...I don't even know what to say to that...

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:46 am

[quote="scoobers"]Image

Bored at work. Stressing about October. Got some questions.

1.) If we have medical stuff we have to bring, do we have to prove that the stuff is prescribed? I'm assuming this is a no, but I want to be sure. By proof I mean bring it in the prescription bottle, etc.

Shouldn't need proof

2.) Chapstick is not on the list of acceptable items. Please convince me that it is okay.

Should be fine

3.) So that fifteen minute break. I'm assuming it is fifteen minutes, plus another five or so to hand the tests back out, right?

About right

4.) Can we eat while they are checking people in?

Sure, as long as you can fit it in your bag, they dont care what you do until they assign you seats usually

5.) Do you smile in your passport photo? I would have thought the answer is "doesn't matter," but the other day a cashier asked me to smile when checking my ID.

Doesn't matter

6.) I don't have my soc memorized. Can I write it on my ticket?

Learn your Soc, your a grown ass man/woman, christ.

7.) I wear glasses. I don't have to wear them to drive, though, so I'm not wearing glasses in my driver's license. I will be wearing them on the test day though. Do I take the photo with my glasses, without my glasses, or do I take two???

Exactly as you will appear on test day

8.) When you take the MCAT, you aren't allowed to remove your sweatshirt while you take the test. Is this true for the LSAT????????

I don't think it would be a problem, but generally you should adjust before the section, taking off clothes is a waste of valuable time

theycallmefoes

Postby theycallmefoes » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:23 pm

With respect to #8: This isn't standard procedure, but when I took the LSAT in December, the proctors required people to remove their sweatshirts.

As a general rule, just be prepared for the chance that not everything will go exactly according to your expectations. Some things are going to vary depending on the proctors. In October, I checked in, set my stuff down, and then received permission to use the restroom before the exam started. The proctor had no problem with it, and quite a few people did so. In December, I did the same thing, but the proctor I asked nearly said no before worriedly deciding to allow it. However, someone else asked a different proctor and was not permitted to leave after checking in.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”