That awkward moment when your PTs keep dropping

MiracleNeeded

That awkward moment when your PTs keep dropping

Postby MiracleNeeded » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:25 pm

I can't seem to get my reading comp back up to the low and mid 20s. They were there for about 7 PTs and now they've dropped. My logic games have become really volatile and it's become hard to control them.

My sleeping patters have been off and my last PT was the second of the day which I took at 4am, but I find it hard to use that's an excuse since previous PTs have been dropping even when I take them early in the day.

I took a day long break a few days ago, and 3 days off of PTs so I could study the prep books. This is all very confusing. Is this normal? Do your scores just drop in cycles?

gaud

Re: That awkward moment when your PTs keep dropping

Postby gaud » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Fairly common. Take more than a day off. Take a few.

It should help. Good luck.

Nonconsecutive

Postby Nonconsecutive » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Don't underestimate the value of rest, even this close to PT 70 (assuming that is your goal). And just because you aren't doing a PT or hitting the drills that day, doesn't necessarily mean you are resting. Worrying about your scores or the LSAT on a "rest" day, really isn't that much of a rest. Yes, I know this is seemingly impossible sometimes, but true break days really help me out, especially if I've been seeing a decline in scores. Perhaps the break you took wasn't non-LSATy enough?

dowu

Postby dowu » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:44 pm

gaud wrote:Fairly common. Take more than a day off. Take a few.

Taking time off is credited. Go out and have some beers with your friends. Play video games. Relax.

MiracleNeeded

Postby MiracleNeeded » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:46 am

dowu wrote:

Taking time off is credited. Go out and have some beers with your friends. Play video games. Relax.

Second day off, tomorrow is number 3 and then I hit the books again. I shouldn't be here, but wanted to thank you guys,I hope this works.

MiracleNeeded

Postby MiracleNeeded » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:07 am

MiracleNeeded wrote:
dowu wrote:

Second day off, tomorrow is number 3 and then I hit the books again. I shouldn't be here, but wanted to thank you guys,I hope this works.

Hey guys a quick update. I took 4 days off and my first pt went kind of badly, mainly because I totally screwed up a game and missed the last game while I was trying to fix my errors on the one I messed up. The good news was that I was one point higher than my lowest score last week.

I took another a few hours later and I'm at 159. The rest really helped me see assumption questions clearly again. Thanks for the help guys.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”