LSAT Practice Exams

laballermvp9

LSAT Practice Exams

Postby laballermvp9 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Hey everyone,

After studying for about a month and half in preparation for the October LSAT, I recently took my third "proctored" practice test in my prep class and scored a 148. I started at about a 143 and have consistently improved on my practice tests as time has passed by (peaking at around 158). My confidence is a bit shattered after this exam so I was wondering if this was just a fluke or a serious problem I need to fix? I took the June 2010 LSAT, which has been known to be one of the toughest exams to date (particularly because of the games section). My goal is about a 160. Any advice/feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Nonconsecutive

Re: LSAT Practice Exams

Postby Nonconsecutive » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:21 pm

What is your average? You mentioned 158 as a peak, but a stray 148 is not a huge deal if your average is a lot higher. I've had 10 point drops from one PT to another, but my overall average still moves upwards.

What are your average breakdowns per section? Are you missing a lot of LG?

laballermvp9

Postby laballermvp9 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:30 pm

My average is around 156. If I record a below average score on a particular exam, then it's most likely due to LG. On a good day I miss 2-4 a section but it goes all the way up to -10 on bad exams. I tend to do well on one LR (-5 or -6) but worse on the more difficult one (-10 or -11). I have only taken about 10 PT's up to this point so the LR decrease could be due to fatigue. RC I miss around -11 but I have been improving in that category.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:03 am

If your score drop was mainly due to a drop in points you got in the LG sectioned compared to tests you scored in the mid 150s on, then you know weakness in games was the culprit for the drop and need to keep working at them so that other more difficult than usual LG sections don't knock your score down again. Don't panic about the drop, fluctuations along the way are normal. They are just a sign that you haven't yet mastered everything as best you can since something was able to throw you off and knock you down from your as then normal performance level. Practice with review makes perfect. Take it in stride, learn from your mistakes and keep moving forward.

laballermvp9

Postby laballermvp9 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks for the advice guys!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”