Has anyone here been on the wait list for a test center? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
getoverit

New

Has anyone here been on the wait list for a test center?

Post by getoverit » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:37 am

It says the test center is full at this moment and i may get a spot if someone withdrew his/her registration. What is the chance of that happening? Btw, i'm hoping to take the test in Hong Kong (Asia).

Thanks!

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Has anyone here been on the wait list for a test center?

Post by Jeffort » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:00 am

We don't have any relevant data to predict the chances of someone/enough people withdrawing from your test center. Your main chance at trying to get an indication of whether you are likely to get a spot or not would be through talking with LSAC to try and get more info if you can such as where on the list you are. You never know what they will say unless you ask. Only they know how many people are registered for a location, and the probability of at least one person withdrawing goes up with more registered test takers. I've heard of people getting off test center waiting lists before, so its not like it never happens.

Just contact LSAC and try to get them to tell you more so that you can make an informed decision for your test day plans. Specifically say that you need more info about the chances so that you can plan accordingly, and that planning ahead is really important since you are traveling internationally, so you really need to know for travel plans.

Perhaps email them your question rather than or as well as asking over the phone. You might get a better and more thorough response via an email since the responder will have time to research your test center before responding.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”