When to transition from untimed drilling to sections?

flash21

When to transition from untimed drilling to sections?

Postby flash21 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:08 pm

At what point do you make this transition? And, do you begin with, for example, doing a 35 minute section of LR, stopping, and blind reviewing it?

How did you guys go about it and decide when to start doing timed sections (not full PT's).

Kimikho

Re: When to transition from untimed drilling to sections?

Postby Kimikho » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:21 pm

I just started when I finished the Manhattan book. But it wasn't a harsh divide. It was more like:

- do Manhattan, drill.
- start doing timed sections
- realize I don't know how to do XXX type of question
- drill more
- more timed sections

etc, etc.

Before I started doing strictly timed sections, I started doing sections that I timed myself (as in, instead of setting a clock for 35 minutes, I just started the stopwatch on my phone). That was nice, because I realized I was already taking around 35 minutes to do a section.

flash21

Re: When to transition from untimed drilling to sections?

Postby flash21 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:36 pm

scoobers wrote:I just started when I finished the Manhattan book. But it wasn't a harsh divide. It was more like:

- do Manhattan, drill.
- start doing timed sections
- realize I don't know how to do XXX type of question
- drill more
- more timed sections

etc, etc.

Before I started doing strictly timed sections, I started doing sections that I timed myself (as in, instead of setting a clock for 35 minutes, I just started the stopwatch on my phone). That was nice, because I realized I was already taking around 35 minutes to do a section.

Okay sounds good. I've been drilling LR for a while but have yet to incorporate full LR timed sections. I think I'll start now then, and take note of which problems are giving me trouble and drill them more, similar to how you've approached it. Thanks.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”