Infamous/ hardest RC passages of all time Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
paglababa

Silver

Infamous/ hardest RC passages of all time

Post by paglababa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:26 am

I've seen something similar with LG (dino, Juarez/Rosenberg, Snakes/Lizards) but which RC passages really did it in for you? I have yet to do those in the 60s, but am interested to hear about those as well as ones from 30s, 40s and 50s.

Clearly

Gold

Re: Infamous/ hardest RC passages of all time

Post by Clearly » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:29 am

paglababa wrote:I've seen something similar with LG (dino, Juarez/Rosenberg, Snakes/Lizards) but which RC passages really did it in for you? I have yet to do those in the 60s, but am interested to hear about those as well as ones from 30s, 40s and 50s.
I have no idea why Juarez and Rosenberg would be on the difficult lg list at all, but to answer your question personally the only rc that ever truly stumped me first time through was Riddled Basins of Attraction for some reason.

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:34 am

Clearly wrote: I have no idea why Juarez and Rosenberg would be on the difficult lg list at all, but to answer your question personally the only rc that ever truly stumped me first time through was Riddled Basins of Attraction for some reason.
Some people fail to make the single game winning inference because the basic diagramming of the game itself screws them over

=(

And that game is just about impossible to do in under 9 minutes without said game winning inference.

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:37 am

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:40 am

magickware wrote:
Clearly wrote: I have no idea why Juarez and Rosenberg would be on the difficult lg list at all, but to answer your question personally the only rc that ever truly stumped me first time through was Riddled Basins of Attraction for some reason.
Some people fail to make the single game winning inference because the basic diagramming of the game itself screws them over

=(

And that game is just about impossible to do in under 9 minutes without said game winning inference.
This. Same with New/Used CDs, maybe the bus game, Hired/interviewed....

But let's get back to RC. I still haven't done Riddled Basins but I've heard about that one multiple times. Can't wait to get to it :/

From recent memory: I think group think was semi tedious as well as the one about legal positivism.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:43 am

To be honest, I don't remember a word about any RC I read until I go back and do it again.

At first it was a burden, but now that I recognized something about RC, it's actually a plus.

RC is literally about just finding view points, breaking the passage down into little summary chunks so that you don't have to reread everything, and notating where the relevant examples are so that you can find them easily when/if you run into a question that asks for it.

It's quite stupid, really.

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:02 am

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

jrsbaseball5

Bronze

Post by jrsbaseball5 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:44 am

Clearly wrote:
paglababa wrote:I've seen something similar with LG (dino, Juarez/Rosenberg, Snakes/Lizards) but which RC passages really did it in for you? I have yet to do those in the 60s, but am interested to hear about those as well as ones from 30s, 40s and 50s.
I have no idea why Juarez and Rosenberg would be on the difficult lg list at all, but to answer your question personally the only rc that ever truly stumped me first time through was Riddled Basins of Attraction for some reason.
Riddled Basins of Attraction was pretty frustrating. That was on the first test I did timed after studying and the first time I had looked at RC since my diagnostic and I was worried all RC would be that way.

Does anyone have a link to those hard LG games?

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:00 am

jrsbaseball5 wrote:
Clearly wrote:
Riddled Basins of Attraction was pretty frustrating. That was on the first test I did timed after studying and the first time I had looked at RC since my diagnostic and I was worried all RC would be that way.

Does anyone have a link to those hard LG games?
Lol riddled basins was one of the first I looked at and it freaked me out quite a bit, thinking they were all like that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mhaas

Bronze

Post by mhaas » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:39 am

Anything regarding literature puts me to sleep.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:47 am

PT 36, passages 2 (Renaissance England and Latin) and 3 (homeostasis). For the first time ever, I read 2 consecutive passages and had no idea what I had read after a first read.
Last edited by SteelPenguin on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

vuthy

Bronze

Post by vuthy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 am

If you're talking passages, none. If you're talking questions after passages, the Dutch agricultural experiment thistle thing from somewhere in the 60s.

crestor

Bronze

Post by crestor » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:58 am

mexican-american literature about corridos; missed 4 on this passage and 2 on the rest

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crestor

Bronze

Post by crestor » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:33 am

vuthy wrote:If you're talking passages, none. If you're talking questions after passages, the Dutch agricultural experiment thistle thing from somewhere in the 60s.
ceteris paribus?

vuthy

Bronze

Post by vuthy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:37 am

crestor wrote:
vuthy wrote:If you're talking passages, none. If you're talking questions after passages, the Dutch agricultural experiment thistle thing from somewhere in the 60s.
ceteris paribus?
Oh my god. Seriously?

goldenboy514

Silver

Post by goldenboy514 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:23 pm

I recall the one about ancient Navajo weaving pattern trends to be pretty shitty
Idk about the difficulty but it was pretty tedious and boring

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:06 pm

jaylawyer09 wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:I recall the one about ancient Navajo weaving pattern trends to be pretty shitty
yeah, i remember that one
Amsden thought the chief white antelope blanket was really important historically so I made a point to remember that fact forever and even googled it one night when bored to see what the big deal was. It turns out it really was a pretty important blanket in the scheme of things. Who knew?
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=chief+white+antelope+blanket

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm an econ major. I've read David Warsh's book describing the Pin Factory/Invisible Hand paradox. I still missed five on the Pin Factory passage from PT 68.

I know the LSAT's not a knowledge test but that was a pretty sobering moment to say the least.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:42 pm

I've decided that RC 35-39 is harder than RC 60-69. I'm getting about 50% more wrong in the 30s than I did in the 60s.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:12 pm

I really don't like the dental decay passages in PT 62.

But PT 62 was a tough test in general, I would say the toughest of any modern one (even though the -14 is the same as a few other tests).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jrsbaseball5

Bronze

Post by jrsbaseball5 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Jeffort wrote:
jaylawyer09 wrote:
goldenboy514 wrote:I recall the one about ancient Navajo weaving pattern trends to be pretty shitty
Amsden thought the chief white antelope blanket was really important historically so I made a point to remember that fact forever and even googled it one night when bored to see what the big deal was. It turns out it really was a pretty important blanket in the scheme of things. Who knew?
Sometimes I feel like I learn things from the LSAT. Then I think that its just full of logical flaws and made up arguments and I feel like I'm being tricked.

I need this to end.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:09 pm

jrsbaseball5 wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
jaylawyer09 wrote:
Sometimes I feel like I learn things from the LSAT. Then I think that its just full of logical flaws and made up arguments and I feel like I'm being tricked.

I need this to end.
ha ha ha :P kinda like how you feel when in a love-hate relationship?

I've learned a ton of things I'd never otherwise have read about except in LSAT questions and find some of the stuff to be pretty interesting. I've come to the conclusion that the LSAT writers must watch a lot of the Discovery and related science channels. Frequently when I watch older Discovery channel shows there is stuff in them that I remember reading about in recent LR questions and/or RC passages.

crestor

Bronze

Post by crestor » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:28 pm

what this thread is still missing is the asian-talk passage.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:32 pm

crestor wrote:what this thread is still missing is the asian-talk passage.
and the one about maize

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”