Should I set aside some PT's just to do LR sections from?

flash21

Should I set aside some PT's just to do LR sections from?

Postby flash21 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:37 pm

To be more clear,

I've been drilling with cambridge for a while now, and its been going pretty good. However, I'm thinking I should do some LR practice sections - however, 1-39 wouldn't be a real indicator of how I'm doing in LR since I've likely seen a lot of the questions before due to them being in the drilling bundle. Is it best that I use some PT's (I've done about 3 PT's (40-42)) just for their LR sections? Or is it best to just full PT with them?

The reason I ask is - because I'm using the LR section, these PT's now cant really be used to actually PT from, but I've also got a decent amount of test material left as well so I'd like some advice of if its worth it to just take some of the 40's strictly for the LR section.

Hope I was clear, thanks in advance.

Postby 10052014 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:05 am

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigersaresexy

Re: Should I set aside some PT's just to do LR sections from?

Postby tigersaresexy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:41 am

Why not take all the sections in those tests individually as timed sections? Can't hurt

flash21

Postby flash21 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:40 pm

tigersaresexy wrote:Why not take all the sections in those tests individually as timed sections? Can't hurt

yes but I'm not sure for example an LR sect will be representative of my skill now because I would have seen the questions before.

TripleX

Postby TripleX » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:51 pm

flash21 wrote:
tigersaresexy wrote:Why not take all the sections in those tests individually as timed sections? Can't hurt

yes but I'm not sure for example an LR sect will be representative of my skill now because I would have seen the questions before.

I'd still do them, not to get a representative of your overall score, but for the practice and timing. Avoid just selecting the correct answer if you remember it, try and go through the same steps that you would normally take for a brand new question.

It won't be as good as a fresh PT, but I think you'll still get lots of benefit out of it.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:00 pm

TripleX wrote:
flash21 wrote:

I'd still do them, not to get a representative of your overall score, but for the practice and timing. Avoid just selecting the correct answer if you remember it, try and go through the same steps that you would normally take for a brand new question.

It won't be as good as a fresh PT, but I think you'll still get lots of benefit out of it.

Okay thank you

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”