4th LSAT in two years

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
2curmudgeony

New

4th LSAT in two years

Postby 2curmudgeony » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:09 am

Had no idea the three-tests-in-two-years bar was a thing, and ran full speed into it when I tried to register for a fourth test this October. I know that people on this site are of the opinion that enough is enough, but in the six months since my last test everything has changed for me. I was careless with my other tests, I had no idea that you could study toward a 180, whereas I've been working my ass off and studying in a completely different way ever since I found out.

I really, really had my heart set on taking the test again in October and applying this year. I already applied for an exemption and was denied. Is there anything else I can do? Does it work to create a new LSAC account?

NanaP

Bronze

Re: 4th LSAT in two years

Postby NanaP » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:11 am

2curmudgeony wrote:Had no idea the three-tests-in-two-years bar was a thing, and ran full speed into it when I tried to register for a fourth test this October. I know that people on this site are of the opinion that enough is enough, but in the six months since my last test everything has changed for me. I was careless with my other tests, I had no idea that you could study toward a 180, whereas I've been working my ass off and studying in a completely different way ever since I found out.

I really, really had my heart set on taking the test again in October and applying this year. I already applied for an exemption and was denied. Is there anything else I can do? Does it work to create a new LSAC account?

No, either wait another year, or apply with the numbers you have.

neprep

Silver

Postby neprep » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:26 am

2curmudgeony wrote: Does it work to create a new LSAC account?

This is a terrible course of action. If you register indicating you're the same person, then you already have your answer from LSAC: You can't take the test again this October. If you register somehow trying to cloud your identity, well then that's just another can of worms...

wtrc

Gold

Postby wtrc » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:42 am

Wait another year. June 2014 you should be okay.

rebexness

Gold

Postby rebexness » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:17 pm

Nothing to do but wait, breh.

Two full cycles of LSATs from the time of your first LSAT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�