LSAT 18 game 3, relevant?

MiracleNeeded

LSAT 18 game 3, relevant?

Postby MiracleNeeded » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 pm

So I have made a one point jump since my big 16 point jump and I'm feeling good, but I feel I would do better if the games were so odd. This early 90s LSAT had a game involving subway lines and how they connect. I replayed it and did a better job diagramming it and did much better but since the books that are put there don't deal much with mapping or special games I'm wondering if I should even worry about these games bring down my score. I'm killing the grouping and sequencing games in the same tests, but these odd games are tripping me up. Is the even a remote chance I'll encounter one of these in the October LSAT?

akg144

Re: LSAT 18 game 3, relevant?

Postby akg144 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:31 pm

MiracleNeeded wrote:So I have made a one point jump since my big 16 point jump and I'm feeling good, but I feel I would do better if the games were so odd. This early 90s LSAT had a game involving subway lines and how they connect. I replayed it and did a better job diagramming it and did much better but since the books that are put there don't deal much with mapping or special games I'm wondering if I should even worry about these games bring down my score. I'm killing the grouping and sequencing games in the same tests, but these odd games are tripping me up. Is the even a remote chance I'll encounter one of these in the October LSAT?

Just to be on the safe side try your best to get a good grasp of every type of game ordering, in/outs, 2-tier/3-tier grouping, hybrid, and spatial mapping games (such as this particular game in which you are refering to). Of course, the likelihood that you find a spatial mapping game is highly unlikely given the recent 20-30 LSATs being prepared for the test means covering all bases. If your in a crunch for time and are not able to finish every LG that I guess sure focus on the most recent games but since your doing LSAT 18 i'm going to take a guess and say your probably not concerned with a cursory understanding of LG and would like to master the section come October. If that's the case i'd highly recommend 7sage videos for review. You should see some substantial improvement across the board when you go through the games and focus in on your weaknesses and obviously suring up your strengths. As in all things LSAT, practice makes perfect. Keep working hard, reflecting on ways to improve and above all else keep your eyes on the prize...

GL

malleus discentium

Re: LSAT 18 game 3, relevant?

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:24 pm

MiracleNeeded wrote:So I have made a one point jump since my big 16 point jump and I'm feeling good, but I feel I would do better if the games were so odd. This early 90s LSAT had a game involving subway lines and how they connect. I replayed it and did a better job diagramming it and did much better but since the books that are put there don't deal much with mapping or special games I'm wondering if I should even worry about these games bring down my score. I'm killing the grouping and sequencing games in the same tests, but these odd games are tripping me up. Is the even a remote chance I'll encounter one of these in the October LSAT?

Worrying that your test form will have any given type of question is always a waste of time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”