casparks

Postby casparks » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Last edited by casparks on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malleus discentium

Re: One month- please answer

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:25 pm

casparks wrote:I really need any advice you all have.

I took the October LSAT last year and scored a 161. I know I can do a lot better because I got seriously ill for a whole month and was STUPID enough to still take the test.

Because of different circumstances, I was going to re-take in December. But I really can't wait that long. So here's my plan: I want to study 6 hours a day (I graduated) until the October 2013 LSAT. If I don't feel ready, I will withdraw and take it in December.

So, what is the best way to study for one month? Should I take a test every day/ 3 times a week? Has anyone done it?

-Courtney

Um.

SilvermanBarPrep

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Based upon the fact that you're already scoring well, and likely spent some time studying material other than practice tests previously, I'd say that certainly the best use of your time would be to work through as many practice tests as time permits. But be sure not to fall into the trap of merely trying to get through the tests; take them under timed conditions and then methodically determine the flaws in your thinking that are consistently causing you to answer questions incorrectly. That is, by far, the best way to improve your performance on this exam.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:22 pm

I studied in a little under one month. I took two practice tests each day and almost lost my mind. I would not recommend it.

mojangles

Postby mojangles » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:35 pm

By the time I figured out what I was doing I was one month out from the LSAT. It is doable, but in a way I regret it because I feel like I limited my potential and could have possibly scored better. My opinion would be to take a few practice tests, really review them to understand what areas provide the best room for improvement, and drill those to increase your score as much as possible. rinse, repeat. Also, for any tests you take it is really critical to thoroughly review any difficult questions, whether you got them wrong, or if you got them right but had to guess or took a long time to answer. By thoroughly review, I mean until you fully understand why any answer choice you selected was wrong/why the right answer is the correct choice. Also, if you do a google search for studying for the lsat in one month, lsatblog has a very helpful study plan you can use as a guide.

after all of that, TCR would be give yourself ample time to prepare even if that means taking a later test/sitting out a cycle. in any case, best of luck

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:38 pm

bp shinners wrote:I studied in a little under one month. I took two practice tests each day and almost lost my mind. I would not recommend it.

I'd like to hear how you managed that

Postby 062914123 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paglababa

Postby paglababa » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:05 pm

casparks wrote:I really need any advice you all have.

I took the October LSAT last year and scored a 161. I know I can do a lot better because I got seriously ill for a whole month and was STUPID enough to still take the test.

Because of different circumstances, I was going to re-take in December. But I really can't wait that long. So here's my plan: I want to study 6 hours a day (I graduated) until the October 2013 LSAT. If I don't feel ready, I will withdraw and take it in December.

So, what is the best way to study for one month? Should I take a test every day/ 3 times a week? Has anyone done it?

-Courtney

What are you missing points on? Doing PTs won't help if you don't understand LR or LG well enough. PTs work to give you familiarity, give you timing, and to hone your 'test-sight.' Maybe you should drill weak areas. For instance do LGs or the Cambridge LR set. Cambridge breaks out over 1000+ questions by question type for you to drill. PM me if you have questions.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:06 pm

bee wrote:
wtrcoins3 wrote:
bp shinners wrote:I studied in a little under one month. I took two practice tests each day and almost lost my mind. I would not recommend it.

I'd like to hear how you managed that

+1 that sounds like absolute and utter hell.

It was. My neck hurt so much from hunching over my books that my girlfriend at the time thought I had meningitis.

Daily schedule:
Wake up and go to the gym
Take a practice test starting around 10 - 12:30 (I didn't know enough to add the experimental section)
Watch an episode of a dumb TV show (King of the Hill and Futurama were at the top of the list)
Review the practice test
Watch another episode or go for a run
Start a second practice test at around 4 - 6:30
Review the practice test until 7:30
Call it a day

I was a biochem major who knew he wasn't going to med school, and all of my requirements were out of the way after Junior year. So I audited a few easy science classes and enrolled in a music appreciation class. My attendance was lackluster, at best.

casparks

Postby casparks » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”