Drop in practice tests, advice?

crye108

Drop in practice tests, advice?

Postby crye108 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Hey guys, I started taking practice tests about 3 weeks ago, one a week on fridays, I started at 154, then 158, then 159 (3 days ago). Today, I took a test and I got a 155. I was really disappointed because I was hoping to break 160 today. I worked at my job (bartending) all weekend and studied a lot yesterday, so I am hoping its just a fluke/burnout. Has this happened to anyone? And any advice? Thanks!

Jeffort

Re: Drop in practice tests, advice?

Postby Jeffort » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 pm

It is totally normal to have some practice test scores that are lower than others you took earlier, especially early on when just starting to take timed practice tests.
Don't get worked up and stressed about it, it's nothing to worry about. Flukes and bad days happen along the way, you just want to be prepared enough so that it doesn't happen on test day.

If you felt more tired than usual when taking it due to working over the weekend, that is probably part of the reason you went down a little.

crye108

Postby crye108 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks!

mhaas

Postby mhaas » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:22 am

crye108 wrote:Hey guys, I started taking practice tests about 3 weeks ago, one a week on fridays, I started at 154, then 158, then 159 (3 days ago). Today, I took a test and I got a 155. I was really disappointed because I was hoping to break 160 today. I worked at my job (bartending) all weekend and studied a lot yesterday, so I am hoping its just a fluke/burnout. Has this happened to anyone? And any advice? Thanks!

I found that early on in my prep, when I wasn't firmly grounded in LSAT concepts & strategies, my PT scores seemed to fluctuate a bit more than they do now. I think this is normal. It might be a result of guessing on numerous questions.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:46 am

mhaas wrote:
crye108 wrote:Hey guys, I started taking practice tests about 3 weeks ago, one a week on fridays, I started at 154, then 158, then 159 (3 days ago). Today, I took a test and I got a 155. I was really disappointed because I was hoping to break 160 today. I worked at my job (bartending) all weekend and studied a lot yesterday, so I am hoping its just a fluke/burnout. Has this happened to anyone? And any advice? Thanks!

I found that early on in my prep, when I wasn't firmly grounded in LSAT concepts & strategies, my PT scores seemed to fluctuate a bit more than they do now. I think this is normal. It might be a result of guessing on numerous questions.

Agreed with this. How are you reviewing your tests?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”