LSAT tutor in Korea?

iskim88

LSAT tutor in Korea?

Postby iskim88 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:47 am

Have taken 1-46 in the past 6 weeks.
Started at 151 and got up to 166. Score usually ranges between 160-164.
Wondering if a tutor would be worthwhile for the October LSAT. Planning on taking up to diag 60 by next week (I take 1-2 tests everyday).

I'm having an especially hard time on the RC section. The best I have gotten thus far is -3 and usually I get about -8. Almost never finish in time (with 2-3 questions blank which I count as wrong). LG is the strongest section with -0~-2 being the norm. LR is usually -10~-15 combined.

I really need help... any advice would be highly appreciated - especially regarding studying with a tutor or not; or even, if there are any tutors available on the peninsula.

SteelPenguin

Re: LSAT tutor in Korea?

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:41 am

iskim88 wrote:Have taken 1-46 in the past 6 weeks.
Wondering if a tutor would be worthwhile for the October LSAT. Planning on taking up to diag 60 by next week (I take 1-2 tests everyday).

I'm having an especially hard time on the RC section. The best I have gotten thus far is -3 and usually I get about -8. Almost never finish in time (with 2-3 questions blank which I count as wrong). LG is the strongest section with -0~-2 being the norm. LR is usually -10~-15 combined.

I really need help... any advice would be highly appreciated - especially regarding studying with a tutor or not; or even, if there are any tutors available on the peninsula.

Woah, slow down on the preptests. You're at a range where you have a good portion of the basics down, but at this point you're still making a relatively high amount of mistakes. At this point in your studying, burning through test after test isn't going to be the best use of your time. I would suggest drastically slowing down on the preptests and focus on drilling questions by type (especially on LR if you're getting over ten wrong). Do you have any LR LSAT books give you strategies (Powerscore, Manhattan, LSAT Trainer, etc)? I would pick up a good preptest book and some of the Cambridge LSAT question type bundles to improve your LR score.

There are a lot of resources on this website, and I'd suggest spending some time reading some of the stickied posts and some of the study guides.

Anyway, congratulations on your progress so far! Hopefully this site can give you the information you need to get the score you're looking for.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:10 am

SteelPenguin wrote:
iskim88 wrote:Have taken 1-46 in the past 6 weeks.

Woah, slow down on the preptests. You're at a range where you have a good portion of the basics down, but at this point you're still making a relatively high amount of mistakes. At this point in your studying, burning through test after test isn't going to be the best use of your time. I would suggest drastically slowing down on the preptests and focus on drilling questions by type (especially on LR if you're getting over ten wrong). Do you have any LR LSAT books give you strategies (Powerscore, Manhattan, LSAT Trainer, etc)? I would pick up a good preptest book and some of the Cambridge LSAT question type bundles to improve your LR score.

There are a lot of resources on this website, and I'd suggest spending some time reading some of the stickied posts and some of the study guides.

Anyway, congratulations on your progress so far! Hopefully this site can give you the information you need to get the score you're looking for.

This ^. It's quality over quantity. You've made great progress... but make sure you are reviewing each test thoroughly. Seriously, some tests should take as long to review, if not longer, as they take to do. Good luck!!

Re a tutor, I have a friend that taught English in Korea and had an LSAT tutor over there I think (goes to GULC now, scored in the low 170's). I can try to get more info if you do decide you want one.

iskim88

Postby iskim88 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:32 am

wtrcoin3 & steelpenguin,

thanks for the advice. My studygroup and I have adjusted future plans accordingly.

It seems like the LG section is getting increasingly easier towards the end of 40's and as a result, the curve is breaking down - with the same number of questions wrong, I would get a lower score.

Hopefully the difficulty picks up a little bit in the later tests...

Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”