Is taking the december LSAT with a October Score in Bad?

Erickt26

Is taking the december LSAT with a October Score in Bad?

Postby Erickt26 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:03 am

Here is my deal.

I took the june 2013 lsat and cancelled. I am training hard for the october LSAT and currently averaging 155. I am getting ready to also be in the mindset that I will retake take the December LSAT(my last attempt). I am applying this Fall 2013. If I was to score significantly higher in the December LSAT but I already applied with my LSAT score from october would the law school take the december lsat in consideration for scholarship money?

My goal is 165.

Nova

Re: Is taking the december LSAT with a October Score in Bad?

Postby Nova » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:04 am

Thread title: not if you can improve

Post question: yes.

Erickt26

Postby Erickt26 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:10 am

Nova wrote:Thread title: not if you can improve

Post question: yes.

I did not find it.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:16 am

Huh? Sorry if my short hand was ambiguous. im lazy and on my phone

Higher scores can possibly get you more money ( or off waitlists) even as late as NEXT Junes lsat for THIS cycle. So the answer to your thread title is no, its not a bad idea. Its a good idea to retake.
Last edited by Nova on Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erickt26

Postby Erickt26 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:17 am

Nova wrote:Huh? Sorry if my short hand was ambiguous. im lazy and on my phone

Higher scores can possibly get you more money ( or off waitlists) even as late as NEXT June. So the answer to your thread title is no, its not a bad idea. Its a good idea to retake.

Thanks man.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:18 am

Good luck bro

Erickt26

Postby Erickt26 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:26 am

Nova wrote:Good luck bro

By the way is 151 to 165 from here till december possible? and since I am studying for both the october and december should I be wise with how many PT I take?

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:40 am

Its very possible. I made a similar jump between the summer and December of my cycle.

I planned on taking the October test but skipped it because I wasnt consistently scoring what I wanted to be scoring. I would recommend you do the same if necessary. Save your attempts.

If you have not, definitely read both the power score bibles and the Manhattan guides. The Manhattan guides can be bought in a bundle for like 70 dollars. Also, spend a lot more time drilling and reviewing than taking pts. Basically, follow noodleys guide. You should definitely save the 60s PTs for last. Maybe use 5 for your next take and the other 5 for your 3rd take.

Erickt26

Postby Erickt26 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:57 am

Nova wrote:Its very possible. I made a similar jump between the summer and December of my cycle.

I planned on taking the October test but skipped it because I wasnt consistently scoring what I wanted to be scoring. I would recommend you do the same if necessary. Save your attempts.

If you have not, definitely read both the power score bibles and the Manhattan guides. The Manhattan guides can be bought in a bundle for like 70 dollars. Also, spend a lot more time drilling and reviewing than taking pts. Basically, follow noodleys guide. You should definitely save the 60s PTs for last. Maybe use 5 for your next take and the other 5 for your 3rd take.

This is my current breakdown.

LR-15
LR-16
LG-13
RC-16

Erickt26

Postby Erickt26 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:07 am

Erickt26 wrote:
Nova wrote:Its very possible. I made a similar jump between the summer and December of my cycle.

This is my current breakdown.

LR-15
LR-16
LG-13
RC-16

The (-) is not a negative it's a dash.

Slytherpuff

Postby Slytherpuff » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:24 am

Don't take the October test if you're not ready - just focus on December so that you can have the one stronger score on your record.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:59 am

Ann Levine, a LS admissions consultant, said the extra points on the LSAT would matter so much MOAR than applying a few months early.
http://lawschoolexpert.com/application- ... ute-truth/

And as you've seen from the data accumulated from the most recent cycle, high LSAT scores are becoming a rare commodity, thus very valuable . Further, the medians are dropping like its hawt, and the 169 is the NEW 170.

Also, buy this and read it before any other study guide:
http://www.amazon.com/The-LSAT-Trainer- ... 0989081508

HTFH!!!

Erickt26

Postby Erickt26 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:Ann Levine, a LS admissions consultant, said the extra points on the LSAT would matter so much MOAR than applying a few months early.
http://lawschoolexpert.com/application- ... ute-truth/

And as you've seen from the data accumulated from the most recent cycle, high LSAT scores are becoming a rare commodity, thus very valuable . Further, the medians are dropping like its hawt, and the 169 is the NEW 170.

Also, buy this and read it before any other study guide:
http://www.amazon.com/The-LSAT-Trainer- ... 0989081508

Thanks! From your experience would you say that the lsat is learner enough that with hard work and dedication one can get a 165+? Im in the 150's right now. Any advice?

HTFH!!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”