how will the start of the school year influence your prep?

walterwhite

how will the start of the school year influence your prep?

Postby walterwhite » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:12 pm

Obviously this will differ from person to person based on your time management skills and the difficulty of your courses this fall, but I really feel like I only have 2 weeks left to prep as opposed to a month. Once school starts and I get in the routine of going to classes and writing papers, etc; it's going to be very difficult to do prep tests on a consistent basis.

Honestly I would rather have the test in 2 weeks than have to wait a month and balance school and LSAT prep. Do you think school work will force you to prep less? Or will you continue to steadily increase your LSAT study time as it gets closer to October?

DivineJustice

Re: how will the start of the school year influence your prep?

Postby DivineJustice » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Midterms wouldn't start until late october so I wouldn't have a problem. What's the problem now is my internship that doesnt end until a week from now that has taken up 40 hours a week of my time the past 10 weeks hah.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:17 am

might lead to a postpone.

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:20 am

quarter system FTW

lsatyolo

Postby lsatyolo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 am

I'm wondering how this is going to work for me. My schedule takes up a bulk of the hours I've normally been studying so it looks like I'll be having to wake up early/stay at the library later than usual. It kinda sucks but the first 2 weeks are usually pretty lax so I'm ain't trippin'. Plus my major is like bufu easy.

civis

Postby civis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 am

Last edited by civis on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:43 pm

I took the LSAT once in 2011 after just finishing finals junior year. I took it once while working ft, and am studying for a final take.

Can't comment on the 2011 take because I wasn't prepared. But with working 40 hours a week, it's totally doable. Studying for this made me realize how much time I really do waste sometimes. I studied (and am studying now, but a bit more relaxed this time) about 2.5 to 3 hours 3 days after work per week, and occasionally during the day as well- I have a job that is flexible at times. I PTed Saturday and/or Sunday. Ended up being an average of 18-22 hours a week or so, which is more than enough. At least for me, more than that would lead to brain burnout.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”