Needs tips for LG

garrettnicole92

Needs tips for LG

Postby garrettnicole92 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:23 pm

Hello all.

I've been studying and prepping for the October LSAT all summer. I've seen consistent improvements in LR and RC (I'm currently missing maybe 5 questions a section) and have no problems getting inside the time constraints. My issue is the games. I'm completely stuck at missing ~10 questions a section (unacceptable!) and I have no idea how to improve.

When I was working through the LG Bible I was using the answer sheets to go back and check why I was getting certain questions wrong and I felt like that was helping me a lot, but now I'm not so sure. Its pretty obvious that my biggest issue is drawing inferences from the rules.

Does anyone who's doing well with the games have any suggestions? I have plenty of PTs I can use and I still have the LG Bible and the Princeton Review 2013 book. I feel like its getting down to the wire and the LG is absolutely killing my score. Its frustrating.

Thanks.

garrettnicole92

Re: Needs tips for LG

Postby garrettnicole92 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Alright, I feel like an idiot. There's a post about essentially the same topic already, but farther down. Feel free to post help or just ignore the idiot noob over here.

:oops:

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:55 pm

check out Blueprint LG, the free 7 sage LG videos on youtube. Also, consider Velocity for LG. It's awesome.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm

garrettnicole92 wrote:Alright, I feel like an idiot. There's a post about essentially the same topic already, but farther down. Feel free to post help or just ignore the idiot noob over here.

:oops:

Don't feel too bad — there are about three threads a week about LG. It can be an intimidating section.

Standard advice:

1) Find new resources. Manhattan LSAT's LG Strategy Guide is very well regarded here. PS is good, but if you take MLSAT seriously it will bring you up a notch. 7Sage has videos for every LG ever released on YouTube.
2) Keep doing games. Games that give you trouble should be revisited every 2-7 days until you can finish them within 8.5 minutes.
3) Consciously review. Complete the game in slow motion, actively looking for inferences you missed that may have helped you. Be critical of each step and look for ways to save time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”