Percentiles Score Conversion Charts Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
CMoreBusiness

New

Percentiles Score Conversion Charts

Post by CMoreBusiness » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:44 pm

Help!

Does anyone have or link to the LSAT score conversion chart for all Ptests............I really need the Percentile sheet rather than the conversion sheet.

Thank You!

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

CMoreBusiness

New

Re: Percentiles Score Conversion Charts

Post by CMoreBusiness » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Thank You for that. it's amazing. Want to hear a joke. It's a new one. Why did the chicken cross the road?.........yeah me finishing that joke would be equally useful to your life.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CMoreBusiness

New

Post by CMoreBusiness » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Thank You, but is there any chance you have post-2002? Looking for all PTests. Would really appreciate it.

Sinatra

Bronze

Post by Sinatra » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:08 pm

Here you go, bro. This may help teach you to use a scroll bar and answer any other questions you have w/r/t the net.

http://www.gcflearnfree.org/internet101

CMoreBusiness

New

Post by CMoreBusiness » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Sinatra wrote:Here you go, bro. This may help teach you to use a scroll bar and answer any other questions you have w/r/t the net.

http://www.gcflearnfree.org/internet101
Good Job! Your mom does love you, you don't have any physical inadequacies that would make the opposite or same sex not be attracted to you, you're smart!

That'll be my last response for you big guy, so soak it up and go get some life in.

Cambridge LSAT

Bronze

Post by Cambridge LSAT » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:45 pm

CMoreBusiness wrote:
Thank You, but is there any chance you have post-2002? Looking for all PTests. Would really appreciate it.
The conversion chart goes all the way to the most recent test (PT 69 - June 2013 (LinkRemoved)); scroll to the right to see the newer ones.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CMoreBusiness

New

Post by CMoreBusiness » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Sorry, I think I'm being unclear. I'm looking for the percentile table. So the link you have for the LSAT Percentile Table shows me everything from 2002 to Current. I was hoping to get 1991 to Current. I am trying to analyze what a scaled score corresponded to when it was actually taken, in terms of the percentiles.

I've been unable to find this and would buy you a drink (if you're in NY) if you can help me with this.

Thank You

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:35 pm

CMoreBusiness wrote:Sorry, I think I'm being unclear. I'm looking for the percentile table. So the link you have for the LSAT Percentile Table shows me everything from 2002 to Current. I was hoping to get 1991 to Current. I am trying to analyze what a scaled score corresponded to when it was actually taken, in terms of the percentiles.

I've been unable to find this and would buy you a drink (if you're in NY) if you can help me with this.

Thank You
Since the percentile rank chart is updated each year to reflect all the data including the three previous testing years results you'd have to find somebody that received and archived the chart each year from 1991 forward other than LSAC. There are only a few people still in the LSAT prep biz that have been since 1991 that could even have had the opportunity to get that data each year when it was published in order to archive all of it, so I doubt you will find someone that collected and put all of it together.

Why do you want or need that data anyway? The percentile rank for each scaled score hasn't changed very much over the years and only the current and recent data is relevant for modern day admissions analysis purposes anyway. The law school admissions climate was totally different back in the 90s so I don't see how the old data would be useful to prospective applicants in the current era. If you really want that data per year, I'd suggest asking LSAC to see if they are willing to share.

CMoreBusiness

New

Post by CMoreBusiness » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Jeffort wrote:
CMoreBusiness wrote:Sorry, I think I'm being unclear. I'm looking for the percentile table. So the link you have for the LSAT Percentile Table shows me everything from 2002 to Current. I was hoping to get 1991 to Current. I am trying to analyze what a scaled score corresponded to when it was actually taken, in terms of the percentiles.

Thank You
Since the percentile rank chart is updated each year to reflect all the data including the three previous testing years results you'd have to find somebody that received and archived the chart each year from 1991 forward other than LSAC. There are only a few people still in the LSAT prep biz that have been since 1991 that could even have had the opportunity to get that data each year when it was published in order to archive all of it, so I doubt you will find someone that collected and put all of it together.

Why do you want or need that data anyway? The percentile rank for each scaled score hasn't changed very much over the years and only the current and recent data is relevant for modern day admissions analysis purposes anyway. The law school admissions climate was totally different back in the 90s so I don't see how the old data would be useful to prospective applicants in the current era. If you really want that data per year, I'd suggest asking LSAC to see if they are willing to share.

Thanks, I understand your points, I've found a few folks who've referenced the charts in their analysis so I'm reaching out where possible. Haven't tried LSAC directly, but we'll see what they say. Why? I'm in the process of building a tool that tracks performance, and hoping to run some analysis on Test difficulty. It's an impossible task to begin with, but this data would be a little bit more helpful and add a small degree of additional accuracy than the conversion chart alone. All the reasons you state regarding the testing environment back then vs. now is exactly why I want this data. Any noise that can be parsed out will be helpful. But all your points are supremely valid.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:23 pm

CMoreBusiness wrote:
Jeffort wrote:

Thank You

Thanks, I understand your points, I've found a few folks who've referenced the charts in their analysis so I'm reaching out where possible. Haven't tried LSAC directly, but we'll see what they say. Why? I'm in the process of building a tool that tracks performance, and hoping to run some analysis on Test difficulty. It's an impossible task to begin with, but this data would be a little bit more helpful and add a small degree of additional accuracy than the conversion chart alone. All the reasons you state regarding the testing environment back then vs. now is exactly why I want this data. Any noise that can be parsed out will be helpful. But all your points are supremely valid.
You might get lucky if you ask LSAC nicely and give them a good reason why you want it in order to persuade them to dig it up. You never know, LSAC can be pretty helpful with some things when asked. Otherwise you'll probably only have a chance of getting it all by finding pieces of it from various different people that have the charts for certain years but not others to collect all of it up.

As you've probably already realized, there is only so far you can get trying to use that data for test difficulty related analysis since you cannot calculate exact performance volume data per score per test or per year from it. To do a meaningful analysis of test difficulty and performance levels over the years you would need the specific data about how many people achieved each scaled score per year and per test form. You can only come up with rough estimates of the quantity of test takers that achieved each scaled score per year since the percentile chart represents the percentages for each scaled score across the previous three years of tests administered, not for each discrete year, nor for each discrete test-form.

You've probably thought of all this already... Good luck though, it is an interesting idea and I'm always into new analysis of LSAT data.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CMoreBusiness

New

Post by CMoreBusiness » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:43 am

Jeffort wrote:
CMoreBusiness wrote:
Jeffort wrote:

Thank You

You might get lucky if you ask LSAC nicely and give them a good reason why you want it in order to persuade them to dig it up. You never know, LSAC can be pretty helpful with some things when asked. Otherwise you'll probably only have a chance of getting it all by finding pieces of it from various different people that have the charts for certain years but not others to collect all of it up.

As you've probably already realized, there is only so far you can get trying to use that data for test difficulty related analysis since you cannot calculate exact performance volume data per score per test or per year from it. To do a meaningful analysis of test difficulty and performance levels over the years you would need the specific data about how many people achieved each scaled score per year and per test form. You can only come up with rough estimates of the quantity of test takers that achieved each scaled score per year since the percentile chart represents the percentages for each scaled score across the previous three years of tests administered, not for each discrete year, nor for each discrete test-form.

You've probably thought of all this already... Good luck though, it is an interesting idea and I'm always into new analysis of LSAT data.
Yeah it's not going to be exact. I'm going to use some assumptions and weight a few factors. But it good to keep me interested while pt-ing
Last edited by CMoreBusiness on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

altoid99

Bronze

Post by altoid99 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 am

CMoreBusiness wrote:
OP doesn't even know the difference between "post" and "pre". You should be brushing up on grammar/the English language instead of worrying about percentiles at this point.

CMoreBusiness

New

Post by CMoreBusiness » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:38 pm

altoid99 wrote:
CMoreBusiness wrote:
OP doesn't even know the difference between "post" and "pre". You should be brushing up on grammar/the English language instead of worrying about percentiles at this point.
Thank You for pointing that out. Yes I meant pre-2002. Did you have the tables by any chance? No?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”