Retaking. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Logicgames14

New

Retaking.

Post by Logicgames14 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi everyone my first time here. Took the Lsat and bombed it (138). I am now using PSLB and PSLRB. I want a score in the 160's. has anyone used cambridge PDFs (PT'S and question sections?) do I have to download them immediately and print them out ( I don't have a printer.) or are they saved if you want to download them later.

Thanks.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pure Protein

New

Re: Retaking.

Post by Pure Protein » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Last edited by Pure Protein on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Logicgames14

New

Post by Logicgames14 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Thanks.

patfeeney

Bronze

Post by patfeeney » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Not to be rude, don't take this the wrong way.

But first, download ALL the prep materials.
ALL of them.
By ALL, I mean, Cambridge, Manhattan, Powerscore (save for LR and RC), Blueprint, 7Sage, official LSAC releases, everything you can possibly get your hands on that isn't Barron's, Kaplan, Princeton Review, McGraw-Hill, or other TTTTTTTTT material.

Then, set aside at least six months to review. AT LEAST. With at least 20 hours of review a week. I'm still reviewing at the eight-month mark, and my first diagnostic was a 145. After six months I was consistently getting 164s.

Third, read every single prep method you can on this website and find one that works for you.
PourMeTea wrote: Why don't you download them immediately and print them at your own convenience
Buy them now, download them now, crack on them NOW. Don't make the mistake of not putting your all into a retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardozoLaw09

Gold

Post by CardozoLaw09 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:11 pm

How long did you prep for?

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:35 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
clay7676 wrote:
Redfactor wrote:20% intelligence
80% Prep

Do not be discouraged if things are taking longer than you'd like. There are many aspects of the test that need to be learned. The good news is that they are learnable.

There are many good guides on here and many people who are more than happy to help with questions.

In my opinion, the shortest you should expect to prep for is about 3 months with a schedule of 4+ hours a day 5 days a week. And this is quality, distraction-free studying.

Think of studying as your job because the monetary return for the hours put into it will come. I can't think of one person on this board who regrets the amount of time studying for the LSAT, but there are plenty that regret not putting in more time.
Thank you.
On that note, I want to ask this:
I have most of my study material:
67 PT's with corresponding answers, LG Bible, LR bible, Master the LSAT, Kaplan Mastery, Nova's Master the LSAT, The Big Fat Genius Guide to Game's, and a couple others.
But I have them all as PDF files on my computer. Would you say that this will suffice, or do I need to have it in actual print material?
Just as far as organizationally, I want to make sure i'm tackling it correctly and not setting myself up for failure as I go down the road of intense study.
I again appreciate the encouragement and advice greatly.
Two words: Laser printer.

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2270DW ... ther+laser

Dupex double sided pages bro.

That way, you can print them out as many times as you want. At will.

You should really get the Cambridge "questions by type" packets to drill.
ManoftheHour wrote:
clay7676 wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
clay7676 wrote:Stolen? My ex-girlfriend had this on her external hard drive. And good call on the printer!
Seriously. Don't get an ink printer. Those things are TTT. Toners only cost 20 bucks and they'll print like 2600 pages. They print fast as fuck too. With this printer, you'll be able to use and print prep material over and over again at will. And do study with paper instead of PDFs. That way, you can mark things (like the conclusion, the premises, key words in the stimulus). You can also cross out wrong answers. It'll be hard to do that on a PDF file on the computer.
Great point. And you are saying that the toner is essentially what an ink cartridge is for a ink-printer? And that it lasts for 2600 pages meaning the only other resource you would need to be able to print is paper?
WOW.
Yup:

http://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Brothe ... ther+toner

$13.47. 2600 pages. You won't regret it. Laser printers print fast as fuck so all your time can be spent studying. Plus, as I mentioned, you can print front and back effortlessly.

Fuck ink and ink prinTTTers.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=214307

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks bro.

Never knew about laser printers.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Nova wrote:Thanks bro.

You'll never go back to ink prinTTTers. EVER.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:12 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Nova wrote:Thanks bro.

You'll never go back to ink prinTTTers. EVER.
This. Laser printers (B&W at least) have gotten so cheap that inkjet printers are now pretty much just a scam to sell you ink.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:19 pm

scoobers wrote:ALSO with laser printers when you start to run out of toner, you can take the cartridge out, shake it up, and it'll last for another like fifty pages or so. Then you can just keep doing it till it's all out.

ALSO ALSO my printer (HP something) is like the size of a toaster. I keep it in a Trader Joe's bag and it's pretty much portable. Lady at the library got mad at me once though.

ALSO ALSO ALSO it steams when it prints stuff which looks pretty cool.
scoobers wrote:I would honestly make love to my little laser printer if I could.

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:50 am

Buying a laser printer for the dorm now.

thanks for the heads up

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”