different logic games

aesth24

different logic games

Postby aesth24 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:41 am

sup TLS members,

have a couple questions regarding logic games. i've been drilling ordering, grouping and a combination of these games for the last month or so. however, recently i've started to look at games that don't fall into any specific category. these games require me to place coordinates and connect them or draw circles that overlap. my question is how have any of you been drilling these games? they're relatively limited in availability and sometimes prove rather difficult. is this something i should really worry about? or just familiarize myself with?

thanks

Clearly

Re: different logic games

Postby Clearly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:48 am

There are like 10 games that don't fall into the blanket categories of ordering, grouping or both. You appear to be referencing zepher airlines which is fairly unique. Sure go ahead and do these rare games, but it is highly unlikely to see one on the real thing. That said, no reason not to prep them, you could knock off all the rare games in a day or two easily.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:50 am

If they are actual LSAT games from official tests you are talking about just a few oddball old games from back in the early 90s that are typically classified as mapping games. There are only a few of them, four in total or maybe five if memory serves correctly and they all were administered in or before 1994. You don't need to worry about those oddball ones, haven't been seen on a modern LSAT in almost 20 years.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:51 am

Zephyr airlines game is actually not a mapping game, it's just about making pairs with the elements, no map types of relationships or stuff with coordinates and spacial relationships involved in the logic.

aesth24

Postby aesth24 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:56 am

yes, i believe these games are all in the early 90s.

thank you both for the info!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:58 am

Jeffort wrote:Zephyr airlines game is actually not a mapping game, it's just about making pairs with the elements, no map types of relationships or stuff with coordinates and spacial relationships involved in the logic.

:lol: I didn't say it was a mapping game, you did. I said it was unique! Unless your comment was directed to clarify your previous statement, in which case, I agree.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:07 am

Clearly wrote:
Jeffort wrote:Zephyr airlines game is actually not a mapping game, it's just about making pairs with the elements, no map types of relationships or stuff with coordinates and spacial relationships involved in the logic.

:lol: I didn't say it was a mapping game, you did. I said it was unique! Unless your comment was directed to clarify your previous statement, in which case, I agree.

ha ha!

I'll go with it was meant to clarify :wink:

It is unique for sure. A lot of people mistakenly think it is a mapping game when they first look at it so I was just throwing that out there as related LSAT trivia. There really isn't a good category to place it in unless it gets its own or is lumped into the unique bin with some other unrelated oddballs.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:53 am

at the end of the day, there are so few of them that it's worth the little time it would take to understand these games. It'd be a cruel miracle if they came back!

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:12 am

Innovative

Postby Innovative » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:48 pm

I would still tackle the rare games if for nothing else but a confidence boost on test day. You don't want to walk into test day with the anxiety that you are not ready to tackle a circle or mapping game. That being said, the chance that you receive a rare game is ...well... rare. :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”