Have you ever had nightmare about test day?

Journey180

Have you ever had nightmare about test day?

Postby Journey180 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:25 am

Like one where you open up your booklet and see a totally foreign test than what you have been preparing for?

Brettanomyces

Re: Have you ever had nightmare about test day?

Postby Brettanomyces » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:37 am

Pretty routinely. I tend to dream about realistic events going on in my life. I had a dream a few nights ago in which the RC passages were in Arabic, or some shit. Woke up and did some prep.

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:44 am

Yes, testing nightmares are very common among LSAT takers. I've had several. Most of mine involve new section types on the LSAT on test day.

Almost all TLSers have "score dreams" between taking the LSAT and getting back their score. So be ready for more LSAT dreams after you take the test.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:14 am

PourMeTea wrote:Mine generally involve me working too slowly and being unable to bubble/read any faster.

I also had one where there was a real-time scoreboard where you could see where you ranked against everyone else at your test center. It was awful.

Had one last night, I took an Uber (DC cab) to the wrong test center and then I didn't know where I was so I went back home and missed my test. It wasn't that exciting of a dream, but I woke up upset that I missed the LSAT.

ThetaX

Postby ThetaX » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:18 am

PourMeTea wrote:Mine generally involve me working too slowly and being unable to bubble/read any faster.

I also had one where there was a real-time scoreboard where you could see where you ranked against everyone else at your test center. It was awful.

The scoreboard sounds insane!

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:25 am

That scoreboard sounds terrible and absolutely fantastic at the same time.

I once had a weird dream where my LSAT was going fine, cruising through the first two logic games, and then I get to the third game, but there's a twist. There is no fourth game, but halfway through the 3rd logic game it literally transformed into some bizarre, unsolvable pinball game where pinball machines popped up on everyone's desks. I have no idea why pinball was incorporated into my dream, because I haven't played a machine in years.

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:38 am

goldbh7 wrote:Yes, testing nightmares are very common among LSAT takers. I've had several. Most of mine involve new section types on the LSAT on test day.

Almost all TLSers have "score dreams" between taking the LSAT and getting back their score. So be ready for more LSAT dreams after you take the test.

This. I can't tell you how many dreams I've had of a 180 score. Every time I wake up from one of those dreams I die a little inside.

Darmody

Postby Darmody » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:07 pm

My biggest fear would be not being able to diagram a game correctly on actual test date after going -0/-1 in all of my practices

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 pm

HA. I remember back in the LSAT days I used to have those nightmares all the time. My favorite was when I turned the page and it was no longer multiple choice, it was short answer physics and chem questions. The most heartbreaking are the 180 dreams, when you wake up its so depressing.

Dr.Zer0

Postby Dr.Zer0 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Last edited by Dr.Zer0 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:50 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:

That scoreboard sounds terrible and absolutely fantastic at the same time.

I once had a weird dream where my LSAT was going fine, cruising through the first two logic games, and then I get to the third game, but there's a twist. There is no fourth game, but halfway through the 3rd logic game it literally transformed into some bizarre, unsolvable pinball game where pinball machines popped up on everyone's desks. I have no idea why pinball was incorporated into my dream, because I haven't played a machine in years.

Absolutely hilarious. I guess you should've drilled the Misc. LG packet more.

Typhoon24

Postby Typhoon24 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:05 pm

I had a nightmare two days before the actual test where I felt I owned the test. When I got up to turn it in, I walked over to the proctor and right as I gave her the test, she gave me back the graded version immediately. The graded version had a big 135 (the score my best friend got the first time) written in huge red font and she looked at me and said, "you and I know you cant do better than this, so why try?"

I woke up literally drenched in sweat.

Lol the good news is that I did much better than that on the real day.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:I had a nightmare two days before the actual test where I felt I owned the test. When I got up to turn it in, I walked over to the proctor and right as I gave her the test, she gave me back the graded version immediately. The graded version had a big 135 (the score my best friend got the first time) written in huge red font and she looked at me and said, "you and I know you cant do better than this, so why try?"

Your subconscious hates you, what did you do to yourself when you were young to generate such anger? lol

jk148706

Postby jk148706 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:22 am

Oh yes. I have nightmares. I literally woke up in a swear after my worst one :

I was taking the LSAT and cruising. Every logic game inference made, RC passages dominated and LR sections cake. But, at the end of the test, I realized I had mis-bubbled every answer. I panicked and asked the proctor if I could just change my bubbles. Of course I was denied. Also, for some reason, I couldn't cancel my score.

To add insult to injury the LSAC called me to let me know I would have scored a 180 had I bubbled correctly

Postby 10052014 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 am

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:45 am

When i first started studying, I had some vague nightmare that there was actually two admissions tests and I had to pick which one on the day of the test, but i didn't know which one i had studied for. I spent the whole test trying to pick which test to take.

I woke up to the worst panic attack i've ever had. like a "call 911 I'm pretty sure i'm dying" one.

Typhoon24

Postby Typhoon24 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:57 am

Jeffort wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:I had a nightmare two days before the actual test where I felt I owned the test. When I got up to turn it in, I walked over to the proctor and right as I gave her the test, she gave me back the graded version immediately. The graded version had a big 135 (the score my best friend got the first time) written in huge red font and she looked at me and said, "you and I know you cant do better than this, so why try?"

Your subconscious hates you, what did you do to yourself when you were young to generate such anger? lol

i dont even wanna start hahahaha

jcccc

Postby jcccc » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:52 am

Yea had a couple. I remember I had one where during testing a bunch of people just started playing loud music and just dancing in the room. Then the supervisor was like screw everyone you guys wasted your time. Damn that was a nightmare.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”