February 2014 LSAT Study Group

BankruptMe

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:16 pm

xylocarp wrote:My "no having fun until the LSAT" rule sucks, particularly on Saturday nights :(

I studied till 11:45. Then went out. And am up right now and will start studying in an hr or 2

NO fun till LSAT now. Need to get my photo taken

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:21 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
xylocarp wrote:My "no having fun until the LSAT" rule sucks, particularly on Saturday nights :(

I studied till 11:45. Then went out. And am up right now and will start studying in an hr or 2

Same. Go hard or go home, right?

As far as the photo, I'm probably just gonna take a selfie and print it on regular paper...

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:23 pm

zhenders wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:I think I will be checking out from tls the week before the test. Is anyone else planning on doing this?

No :mrgreen:

Lol this totally, sorry Nicolena, but I read your post and I was all, "hell no!" In my head :-P I'm going to be posting "on the way to the test center! Good luck, friends!" And "just got home from the test center! Hope everyone killed it!".

Idk. When I was in the December forum they said there are always a few ppl that start to freak out the week before and post crazy things that can make you stressed. I guess no one really does that here though.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
zhenders wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:I think I will be checking out from tls the week before the test. Is anyone else planning on doing this?

No :mrgreen:

Lol this totally, sorry Nicolena, but I read your post and I was all, "hell no!" In my head :-P I'm going to be posting "on the way to the test center! Good luck, friends!" And "just got home from the test center! Hope everyone killed it!".

Idk. When I was in the December forum they said there are always a few ppl that start to freak out the week before and post crazy things that can make you stressed. I guess no one really does that here though.

I haven't really followed other study group threads, but I hope that doesn't happen :shock:

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:41 pm

That kind of stuff could happen. If you're prone to that affecting you, then definitely keep that in mind! I don't tend to get stressed out (ever really), so to each their own.

Xylo, thats interesting you mentioned that -- I hadn't read that thread, but I actually did exactly that recently, and got similar results. It's actually why I started making the huge push recently to acing LG again -- 1 or 2 missed LG questions is unacceptable, and literally could be the difference between a great score and a dream score (or a good one and a great one). I'd have had a few 180's too with perfect LG. thus, MIN. 10 LG evey day. To definitely working.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:Arkansas in February, but after that I have no idea -- depends on how I'm feeling, but I might go ahead and move northeast :)

Come come :) :) :) :) :)

I love the northeast -- who knows? I may :) fantastic poetry and slam scene there too. it depends on lots of things though -- LSAT score being one of them:) thing is, HYS are all on my radar, and if Stanford ends up happening and being the right decision, it would be pretty ridiculous to have moved NE and then have to move all the way across the country (as opposed to the equidistance the NE and Cali represent).

xylocarp wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

As far as the photo, I'm probably just gonna take a selfie and print it on regular paper...

I'm gonna grab my photo this week while here in MX -- so much cheaper.

Xylo, just make sure it follows all of the guidelines and is really sharp. I know some proctors are more lenient, but the LSAC website is stupidly strict about the photo (check it out).

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:53 pm

xylocarp wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

got a fridge full of redbull.

I am about to go super hard. 13 days. Most important test of our lives. we can do it.

I know I suck at standardized testing, so I am really trying to stay positive. I just want to get into a T50 school preferrably T25 and maybe some $$$ and I will be satisfied. i have been running from law for 3 years. I am ready to get started with the rest of my life.

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Takin 66 today ready to kill it.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:11 pm

So much energy in this thread recently. I think we're all going to get amazing scores! :D

carmensandiego

Postby carmensandiego » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:20 pm

xylocarp wrote:So much energy in this thread recently. I think we're all going to get amazing scores! :D

Lets hope so!! Anyone else applying for the Fall 14 cycle?

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm loving the energy, too. This is a great group -- glad to be testing feb with you all.

Carmen, I'm applying for c/o 2018 -- so February is a chance to get my LSAT done waaay early (or -- god help me -- give me plenty of time for a retake if necessary :) )

Edit: so yeah, I just realized that IS the 2014 cycle.

YEP!

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:33 pm

Me too! It's nice knowing that we can always retake in June and/or October and still apply pretty early.

Not that we'll have to of course!

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Class of 2018 here too! Took Feb. because its early and gives me ample time for a retake (won't need it tho).

carmensandiego

Postby carmensandiego » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:46 pm

90convoy wrote:Class of 2018 here too! Took Feb. because its early and gives me ample time for a retake (won't need it tho).

That's awesome! Rock this test and then coast for a few months and have your apps pretty much done in the early fall. I took the LSAT my first time in June and scored well, only taking the Feb one because I got held at my first choice so I'm hoping to bump up a few points! 169 in June, hoping for a 175+ on this test 

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:57 pm

Right on :) I love it.

February overachievers FTW.

Edit: sitting down right now to take 3 timed LG sections in a row -- old February tests. Here we go!

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:29 pm

Guys,

I've noticed that with a lot of four level questions i understand why the four choices are incorrect, but do not understand why the one correct choice is correct.

Does this happen to anyone else?

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:46 pm

I get so upset when I miss a LG drilling these days. If I can only get this timing thing down. Giving myself at the moment 7 mins per game and its deff not easy

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:48 pm

Miracle wrote:Guys,

I've noticed that with a lot of four level questions i understand why the four choices are incorrect, but do not understand why the one correct choice is correct.

Do you have a specific example maybe? My LR mistakes tend to be ones for which I was between two, and one had something wrong with it that I just didn't think of. Understanding why four answers are wrong is much more practically useful!

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:29 pm

xylocarp wrote:

Do you have a specific example maybe? My LR mistakes tend to be ones for which I was between two, and one had something wrong with it that I just didn't think of. Understanding why four answers are wrong is much more practically useful!

I do. Let me find one for you. I just went over it.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:40 pm

Miracle, I have this problem regularly -- actually, it's the only reason I miss LR anymore. I think it's actually implicitly tied to what Xylo said; I'm often torn between two answers, but while one seems wrong to me, the one that's left doesn't seem "right" enough for me to choose it. This leads me to waste time, and often to make assumptions about the other one (the one that's wrong) because I'm so dissatisfied with the "right" answer.

One more LG section to go.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:56 pm

xylocarp wrote:

We can relate in that aspect. If i miss a question I'm usually between the two answers where one is correct, and one is incorrect. In another words, the correct answer is always at play.

Now, to my current issue.

PT35-S1-Q8 or question 197 in Weaken bundle from Cambridge.

A)-what's "equally" harmful to lobsters is irrelevant to our central argument

B)-we are not concerned with open ocean... we are concerned with harbor and how sewage impact lobsters in the harbor.

C)-How often they breed is irrelevant…it doesn't address why the proposal would be pointless.

D)-how diseases can be detected is irrelevant-id doesn't address our concern.

Now, E-which is the correct answer. I picked this one, because i knew the other four were irrelevant, and did not weaken the argument. This one however is also "blehhh"… it doesn't hold any meeting to me what so ever. If they are claiming that hardly any lobsters live long enough to be harmed by those disease, how can they live long enough to influence the health of humans which is what E states. I don't see the connection, therefore have no idea why, or how it could weaken the argument. How could they eat the lobsters if lobsters die? :shock: :wink: I was looking for something that would weaken the conclusion-directly attack the living situation (length) of lobsters, and thats not what i got.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:01 pm

zhenders wrote:Miracle, I have this problem regularly -- actually, it's the only reason I miss LR anymore. I think it's actually implicitly tied to what Xylo said; I'm often torn between two answers, but while one seems wrong to me, the one that's left doesn't seem "right" enough for me to choose it. This leads me to waste time, and often to make assumptions about the other one (the one that's wrong) because I'm so dissatisfied with the "right" answer.

One more LG section to go.

Yes, yes, yes!!! Thats what i meant!!! LOL you said it a lot better than me. :oops:

When I'm reviewing though in levels 1-3 i can see it once i read it-see the correct answer. When working with level 4 i don't see it even when i see the correct answer.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:18 pm

3 LG's under timed conditions completed:

LG from sections: 18.5, 21.5, 27.5 (all old february tests).

All of them complete under time (33.5, 33, almost on the nose 35). -1 in every section.

The 1 I missed in each one of these was the one question in which I didn't feel I had enough time to eliminate the other choices, so I went with a "confident" answer. I guess I can't do THAT anymore!

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:20 pm

zhenders wrote:3 LG's under timed conditions completed:

All of them complete under time (33.5, 33, almost on the nose 35). -1 in every section.

The 1 I missed in each one of these was the one question in which I didn't feel I had enough time to eliminate the other choices, so I went with a "confident" answer. I guess I can't do THAT anymore!

Yayyyy

Im proud of you!!! :mrgreen:

We will get -0 test day! You shall see.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:3 LG's under timed conditions completed:

Yayyyy

Im proud of you!!! :mrgreen:

We will get -0 test day! You shall see.

:)

Well, more tonight; Probably another 3 sections, from the early 60s (recent games).

But for now, I think I'm going to hang out with Jill Valentine a bit more in Raccoon City.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”