February 2014 LSAT Study Group

90convoy

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:45 pm

zhenders wrote:Miracle,

No, you misunderstand -- that's exactly what I hope. In my earlier post, I was suggesting that we would NOT recognize questions -- but you mentioned that may not be true -- that some TLS'ers have :) so I hope I'm wrong, and that you are right that you retakers will recognize questions :)

Miracle wrote:
90convoy wrote:LOOK.

This is on the admission ticket

I think they meant the day of the test…not two weeks prior to the test to practice.

Nonetheless, I AM VINDICATED FROM INSANITY!

Beers on me post-test, Convoy. Thanks mate.

Ill hold you to that lol

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:48 pm

Christine (MLSAT) wrote:
unodostres wrote:^same thing so i've heard.

i'd reckon that they might even recycle an earlier exam for an experimental?????????????????? PLS PLS PLS id so check out for 1 section if i recognized it lol

Why would they do that? They don't give you an experimental just to mess with your head, or increase the length of the exam to arbitrarily make you more tired. They put in experimentals so that they can get data from you - that's how they are able to determine the difficult level of questions, the proper scaling of exams, etc. The experimental is ALL about what the LSAC gains from it - the fact that it impacts the test-taker is largely beside the point to them.

They aren't going to run an experimental they get no useful data from unless they have no choice.

Oh believe me, I'm just hoping that February is some type of outcasted type exam that they just threw together last minute. I understand that they test new sections in it, but what if, just what if... haha. Also, I could have sworn that some people that had the weather problems that rescheduled had a section that they recognized. Wishful thinking in a totally different scenario but man, who doesn't think of awesome stuff happening during the exam? Like what if some LSAC bro decided to leave the answers in your packet and said enjoy a T14 on me.

But who cares, back to reality, I'm gunna go -0 in all sections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ballsoharduniversity

Postby ballsoharduniversity » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Took PT63 today... 165. I hate myself so much right now.

I thought the first LR was so easy and I breezed through it with at least 5 minutes left on the clock. Then I checked my answers at the end of the test and realized I made a shit ton of dumb mistakes. RC was a nightmare. Fuck Kate Chopin and sea otter fur.

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:33 pm

^ same thing happened to me on test 67. First LR I went 19/25. I was instantly depressed after going -1 or -2 on my most recent tests on LR.

I'm just hoping its a case of burn out and not reflective of my ability with all this damn studying

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:01 pm

So major-off topic, guys and girls:

I've been living in Mexico for almost a year now; I'll be back in the states permanently as of the 4th.

What have I missed?

I'm up-to-date politically, but I have this weird feeling that I'm going to get back in the states and things are gonna feel all weird. Like maybe everyone is wearing JNCOs again or something.

I know that the band "One Direction" is a thing, which freaks me out a bit. What else is up?

Also: the PS4. I've seen it, and it looks cool -- but it plays ZERO legacy dics? *grumble*.

So yeah. Quick! Catch me up on the states someone, anyone (everyone!)

-- is this the present? [y/n]

cloy26

Postby cloy26 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:04 pm

zhenders wrote:So major-off topic, guys and girls:

I've been living in Mexico for almost a year now; I'll be back in the states permanently as of the 4th.

What have I missed?

I'm up-to-date politically, but I have this weird feeling that I'm going to get back in the states and things are gonna feel all weird. Like maybe everyone is wearing JNCOs again or something.

wait, we stopped? :oops:

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:31 pm

After the day I had...

I am going drinking. LSAT will be waiting for me bright and early

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Zhenders, what were you up to in Mexico?

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Bankrupt, enjoy yourself

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:21 pm

zhenders wrote:So major-off topic, guys and girls:

What have I missed?

I know that the band "One Direction" is a thing, which freaks me out a bit. What else is up?

Also: the PS4. I've seen it, and it looks cool -- but it plays ZERO legacy dics? *grumble*.

So yeah. Quick! Catch me up on the states someone, anyone (everyone!)

-- is this the present? [y/n]

hahahhaha

this is way too funny!

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:34 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:Zhenders, what were you up to in Mexico?

Teaching English and learning Spanish, mostly :)

pech71

Postby pech71 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:16 am

this is all you missed.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:26 am

pech71 wrote:Image

this is all you missed.

But no lie that's hilarious.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:56 am

Not looking forward to waking up tomorrow at 6 to go to my testing center, but I know I should do it. Probably going to take a strong sleeping pill at like 9 tonight.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:46 am

I am back. Clear mind and head.

Oh the Mitt Romney documentary is out on netflix I believe today. Looks good.

I am going to do some LR today and review all the LR/RC I got wrong and practice test tomorrow methinks. Then I am going to try and get ALLL my reading done for class next week done by Sunday. I have about 10 articles and 7 book chapters to read. So then Sunday I can PT and probably PT a few times next week.

So glad I cam to TLS when I started my study. This is my third attempt at taking the LSAT. I usually just register and cancel. But one thing i realized that I never realized before..even from my GULC law advisor in UG. LR MAKES UP HALF THE TEST. The other times I spent studying for the LSAT, i studied logic games...pretty much only because it was my hardest thing. Now I am studying LR/RC for most of my time. Theoretically, if I can get 60% of LG and 85%+ for LR and RC, I will get a strong score. So we will see.

Happy Studying today lady and germs

EDIT: Oh wow, I can practice RC with my school reading. Read a Chapter and then write about it and see what I absorbed.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:14 am

There's a Mitt Romney documentary? So he's running again? *sigh*

Also: great idea with your school reading, BankruptMe -- and frankly, not now will it be useful for LSAT, it will mean you will OWN that material in class.

I'm at the coffee shop, about to begin PT64. Shooting for 3 good ones in a row.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:28 am

zhenders wrote:There's a Mitt Romney documentary? So he's running again? *sigh*

Also: great idea with your school reading, BankruptMe -- and frankly, not now will it be useful for LSAT, it will mean you will OWN that material in class.

3 PT's?

Back to back, or some break in between?

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:40 am

Miracle wrote:

3 PT's?

Aah! No :-) the last two I did were at my target score -- I'm just hoping this one is too.

With that said, I've done two tests back to back twice now, and I highly recommend it for fatigue training; next week, I will probably be doing 70/71 back to back on Thursday, then drilling on Friday before the Saturday test. After you do a back-to-back test, 5 sections feels crazy easy.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:04 pm

It is supposed to show the REAL Mitt. Not what you saw on TV lol.

I do not think he is running again. He went back to Private Equity and is making $$$$$$$$ again

I like political/business documentaries, so I will watch it.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:25 pm

zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:

3 PT's?

Aah! No :-) the last two I did were at my target score -- I'm just hoping this one is too.

With that said, I've done two tests back to back twice now, and I highly recommend it for fatigue training; next week, I will probably be doing 70/71 back to back on Thursday, then drilling on Friday before the Saturday test. After you do a back-to-back test, 5 sections feels crazy easy.

When you do back to back tests, how much of a break do you take in between, if any? And do you score and/or go over the first PT before the second? I'm always super curious about how I did by the last section, so I'd probably have trouble just going on to the next one haha.

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:16 pm

After scoring 173- 171- 170 on three previous tests in a row my score dropped to 164 yesterday

I've been drilling for about 8 - 10 hours a day for five days in a row. Should I take a break from drilling PT's? With 15 days left I'm worried that taking any days off is a bad idea

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:49 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:After scoring 173- 171- 170 on three previous tests in a row my score dropped to 164 yesterday

I've been drilling for about 8 - 10 hours a day for five days in a row. Should I take a break from drilling PT's? With 15 days left I'm worried that taking any days off is a bad idea

Where were your mistakes on the 164? Also are these early or more recent PTs? You could be burned out — you obviously have the ability to kill this test; it sounds to me like the 164 is an anomaly. I know I'd be burned out if I studied 8-10 hours/day.

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:51 pm

It was on logical reasoning which has been my strongest section

I reviewed the ones I got wrong and they were stupid mistakes

I really just don't think I was focusing enough

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:57 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:It was on logical reasoning which has been my strongest section

I reviewed the ones I got wrong and they were stupid mistakes

I really just don't think I was focusing enough

Sounds like burn out to me. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but take it easy for a couple of days. The only reason to be drilling 8-10 hours/day is if you're making real gains anyway. You don't even have to take a day off; just spend less time, take more breaks, and let your brain relax a bit. Also, personally, given this situation, I wouldn't go too crazy with the prep for the couple of days right before the test either.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:03 pm

I agree -- take a break.

In competitive athletics, there's a training maxim that I am fond of: "fatigue masks fitness". If you are training SUPER hard for something, often there comes a time when you get "weaker". This is a sign that you need to rest and let your body and mind recuperate. This is absolutely true for the mind as well :)

Xylocarp, I go 4 sections, 15 min. Break, 4 sections (so it's not 2 with experimental back to back). The whole idea is fatigue training, so I make myself wait to grade everything until the end :) it IS hard -- but it's pretty cool and satisfying.

Anecdotally, both times I did it, my SECOND test was 3 or 4 points higher than the firs! Go figure :)

And: bicycles. Fuck em'. On break for 64. Easy game, easy game, WHOABICYCLES, easy game.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”