February 2014 LSAT Study Group

90convoy

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:44 pm

zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:Lol did it work?

No, I mean I really could have sworn I read that. I'm god to know I was probably wrong :) that said, if not being able to test in the actual test room 2 weeks before the test is nervous breakdown-worthy, we've got some serious stuff we need to work through :-)

No no no. Some of us have already tested therefore feel we might have violated the policy and that was not our intention. Thus, we feared the consequences.

Entiendo

I read somewhere u aren't supposed to go to the room also

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:13 pm

zhenders wrote:Man, I understand -- but at the end of the day, you've gotta remember: the PTs don't count for shit -- the only score that matters is test day. These are just thermometers. If you did bad on a test, but know WHY you did bad on it, then the test -- regardless of its score -- was worth taking and has served its purpose. If missing all of those questions keeps you from missing even ONE similar question on test day, then it was 100% worth it.

Eyes in the prize; PT scores don't mean shit beyond helping you prepare, mate.

PT's are closest I'll get to the final thing is why I'm tripping.

That last sentence is EXACTLY how I see it. All 7000 questions that I have are going to help me get at least one of those Q's on the real exam. This is why I'm preparing.

Fuck life. Gunna fucking wreck this mother.

All the rest of you better do the same.

btw, 90convoy, 15 in 15 is working. still got some lag in the final 5, but it's been helping. i miss like 1-2 max in the first 20.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:19 pm

You know, I've known all along that if I don't destroy this test in February, that I have June/sept/dec so I shouldn't freak out... But this test has taken over my life so damned much -- like invaded my dreams taken over (I was trapped in a sequencing game a few nights ago for 8 hours and kept waking up/falling asleep back into it) -- that my bigger motivation for wrecking it is so tha I can get it out of my head.

I'm gonna kill this test, if only so that I can get away from it.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:19 pm

But right now, I'm going to enjoy some nostalgia-inducing PSX action. Resident Evil: Nemesis. New Game. Go.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:44 pm

zhenders wrote:I'm gonna kill this test, if only so that I can get away from it.

So much this.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:00 pm

zhenders wrote:You know, I've known all along that if I don't destroy this test in February, that I have June/sept/dec so I shouldn't freak out... But this test has taken over my life so damned much -- like invaded my dreams taken over (I was trapped in a sequencing game a few nights ago for 8 hours and kept waking up/falling asleep back into it) -- that my bigger motivation for wrecking it is so tha I can get it out of my head.

I'm gonna kill this test, if only so that I can get away from it.

I feel exactly like this. I think I'm more stressed now than I was when I was scheduled for December.

Edit: I was rescheduled from December to February.
Last edited by Nicolena. on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:05 pm

zhenders wrote:But right now, I'm going to enjoy some nostalgia-inducing PSX action. Resident Evil: Nemesis. New Game. Go.

One thing I'm looking forward to is PS4. Battlefield 4 and Fifa 14 look tight!

I love reviewing my exam during BR and just smacking my face. I wish I had 45 min/sec. 180 land like errday.

Darmody

Postby Darmody » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:09 pm

We're all gonna make it brahs

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:23 pm

man if i was an lsac dude i would give you all 180's and change your gpas to 4.0's

cause you know. i like all you guys

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:26 pm

unodostres wrote:
zhenders wrote:Man, I understand -- but at the end of the day, you've gotta remember: the PTs don't count for shit -- the only score that matters is test day. These are just thermometers. If you did bad on a test, but know WHY you did bad on it, then the test -- regardless of its score -- was worth taking and has served its purpose. If missing all of those questions keeps you from missing even ONE similar question on test day, then it was 100% worth it.

Eyes in the prize; PT scores don't mean shit beyond helping you prepare, mate.

PT's are closest I'll get to the final thing is why I'm tripping.

That last sentence is EXACTLY how I see it. All 7000 questions that I have are going to help me get at least one of those Q's on the real exam. This is why I'm preparing.

Fuck life. Gunna fucking wreck this mother.

All the rest of you better do the same.

btw, 90convoy, 15 in 15 is working. still got some lag in the final 5, but it's been helping. i miss like 1-2 max in the first 20.

Good!

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Shot in the dark, but what's the general consensus about February LSAT? Is it considered hard, or easier, or the same as December, June, September?

Just curious, I know an answer to this question will most likely be wild speculation. But, I'm sure someone has an opinion on the subject.

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:05 pm

^same thing so i've heard.

i'd reckon that they might even recycle an earlier exam for an experimental?????????????????? PLS PLS PLS id so check out for 1 section if i recognized it lol

Christine (MLSAT)

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:20 pm

unodostres wrote:^same thing so i've heard.

i'd reckon that they might even recycle an earlier exam for an experimental?????????????????? PLS PLS PLS id so check out for 1 section if i recognized it lol

Why would they do that? They don't give you an experimental just to mess with your head, or increase the length of the exam to arbitrarily make you more tired. They put in experimentals so that they can get data from you - that's how they are able to determine the difficult level of questions, the proper scaling of exams, etc. The experimental is ALL about what the LSAC gains from it - the fact that it impacts the test-taker is largely beside the point to them.

They aren't going to run an experimental they get no useful data from unless they have no choice.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:46 pm

zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:Lol did it work?

No, I mean I really could have sworn I read that. I'm god to know I was probably wrong :) that said, if not being able to test in the actual test room 2 weeks before the test is nervous breakdown-worthy, we've got some serious stuff we need to work through :-)

No no no. Some of us have already tested therefore feel we might have violated the policy and that was not our intention. Thus, we feared the consequences.

Entiendo

Bueno! :mrgreen:

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:49 pm

This test is driving me nuts!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

Also, i seem obsessed with this green looking icon :lol:

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:Shot in the dark, but what's the general consensus about February LSAT? Is it considered hard, or easier, or the same as December, June, September?

Just curious, I know an answer to this question will most likely be wild speculation. But, I'm sure someone has an opinion on the subject.

The trouble is that there isn't any recent data on February; ever since it went undisclosed, predictions became impossible.

For what it's worth, back when it WAS reported, I seem to remember reading that it fell between June and December in terms of difficulty (which is to say, curve). I think the reported februaries averaged an 11.5 or 12 curve [to 170].

With that said, who knows?

One thing is for sure: none of us will have seen ANY of the questions before, even if you've taken the test a few times. February tests and international tests -- as I understand it -- are pulled from the same pool, and chances are that means our test -- if not new -- will have been given as experimental sections in distantly foreign countries -- not in tests given here in the states.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:28 pm

unodostres wrote:man if i was an lsac dude i would give you all 180's and change your gpas to 4.0's

cause you know. i like all you guys

Also this made me happy.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:29 pm

zhenders wrote:
RobertGolddust wrote:Shot in the dark, but what's the general consensus about February LSAT? Is it considered hard, or easier, or the same as December, June, September?

The trouble is that there isn't any recent data on February; ever since it went undisclosed, predictions became impossible.

For what it's worth, back when it WAS reported, I seem to remember reading that it fell between June and December in terms of difficulty (which is to say, curve). I think the reported februaries averaged an 11.5 or 12 curve [to 170].

One thing is for sure: none of us will have seen ANY of the questions before, even if you've taken the test a few times. February tests and international tests -- as I understand it -- are pulled from the same pool, and chances are that means our test -- if not new -- will have been given as experimental sections in distantly foreign countries -- not in tests given here in the states.

I heard something like that too.

There were reports here on TLS- people stating that they have seen questions on february exam previously…

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 pm

LOOK.

This is on the admission ticket

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:

There were reports here on TLS- people stating that they have seen questions on february exam previously…

Wow, yeah? Well for everyone's sake (at least, those retakers), I hope I'm 100% wrong!

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:32 pm

90convoy wrote:LOOK.

I think they meant the day of the test…not two weeks prior to the test to practice.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:33 pm

zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:

Wow, yeah? Well for everyone's sake (at least, those retakers), I hope I'm 100% wrong!

Why would you want to be wrong? Wouldn't that be a good thing? To have old questions…questions we have already seen.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Miracle,

No, you misunderstand -- that's exactly what I hope. In my earlier post, I was suggesting that we would NOT recognize questions -- but you mentioned that may not be true -- that some TLS'ers have :) so I hope I'm wrong, and that you are right that you retakers will recognize questions :)

Miracle wrote:
90convoy wrote:LOOK.

I think they meant the day of the test…not two weeks prior to the test to practice.

Nonetheless, I AM VINDICATED FROM INSANITY!

Beers on me post-test, Convoy. Thanks mate.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Ok. Back to avoiding zombies and that huge wtf-is-he zombie-monster with the rocket launcher (REALLY, CAPCOM?)

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:43 pm

zhenders wrote:Ok. Back to avoiding zombies and that huge wtf-is-he zombie-monster with the rocket launcher (REALLY, CAPCOM?)

I hope thats true-in regards to february test…that would be awesome!!! :mrgreen:

I did read it here on TLS-people swearing they have seen the questions before, so it could be true.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”