February 2014 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
pech71
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:11 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby pech71 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Was planning on doing a PT tonight but stuck at office for a couple more hours...ughhhhhhh :(

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:20 pm

pech71 wrote:Was planning on doing a PT tonight but stuck at office for a couple more hours...ughhhhhhh :(


Think positive. You will get out shortly, and have the privilege of taking another PT :mrgreen:

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby unodostres » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Got fucked. 163 PT62.

Fuck this fucking exam.

Don't even care about my breakdown.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 pm

pech71 wrote:Was planning on doing a PT tonight but stuck at office for a couple more hours...ughhhhhhh :(


Sorry mate. Drill a bit and relax; get good sleep and kill it tomorrow.


unodostres wrote:Got fucked. 163 PT62.

Fuck this fucking exam.

Don't even care about my breakdown.


Sorry 123. For what it's worth, that game section has 2 crazy-hard games back to back right in the middle -- it is far from an easy test.

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby alecks » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 pm

Took PT 65 on Monday and got a 166 which is like >:( bc my goal on this test is a 168-170. I went -5 on the LG though, which is also like >:(

anyway. 2.5 weeks. Taking PT 69 tomorrow, gonna hit up the testing center on Saturday and take 70. Do people just go into the classrooms? I'm scared I'm gonna get like, kicked out or something!

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby unodostres » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:56 pm

zhenders wrote:
pech71 wrote:Was planning on doing a PT tonight but stuck at office for a couple more hours...ughhhhhhh :(


Sorry mate. Drill a bit and relax; get good sleep and kill it tomorrow.


unodostres wrote:Got fucked. 163 PT62.

Fuck this fucking exam.

Don't even care about my breakdown.


Sorry 123. For what it's worth, that game section has 2 crazy-hard games back to back right in the middle -- it is far from an easy test.


Stained windows was okay. Got -1 on it. Spent a shitload of time on it. The other game was pure luck because I guessed. My worst section came at the last. So disappointed. Really should have done better. Whatever happens in my first LR, I go -3/-4, I miss double that in the last section. Fucking horrid

LR was simple. Not even hard. Really disappointed.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Man, I understand -- but at the end of the day, you've gotta remember: the PTs don't count for shit -- the only score that matters is test day. These are just thermometers. If you did bad on a test, but know WHY you did bad on it, then the test -- regardless of its score -- was worth taking and has served its purpose. If missing all of those questions keeps you from missing even ONE similar question on test day, then it was 100% worth it.

Eyes in the prize; PT scores don't mean shit beyond helping you prepare, mate.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:50 pm

alecks wrote:Took PT 65 on Monday and got a 166 which is like >:( bc my goal on this test is a 168-170. I went -5 on the LG though, which is also like >:(

anyway. 2.5 weeks. Taking PT 69 tomorrow, gonna hit up the testing center on Saturday and take 70. Do people just go into the classrooms? I'm scared I'm gonna get like, kicked out or something!

Never done it before but that's my plan... I figure it's not a huge deal even if you do get kicked out. Worth a shot anyway.

Plus I can always finish outside because South Florida :mrgreen:

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:53 pm

Just bought my watch for the test! Old School Style. Will not turn on until the morning of

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:18 pm

Probably no big, but be careful wrt using the same testing centr your LSAT is in. The LSAC website explicitly says it's against the rules for testers to go into their test room prior to test day.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Just in case you rig it with cameras connected to your contact lenses or something.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:19 pm

PT 64 - 170 my highest score!!

-1 RC (wtf my average is -6)
-5 LR
-7 LG (ummmm my average is -2)

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:24 pm

90convoy wrote:PT 64 - 170 my highest score!!

-1 RC (wtf my average is -6)
-5 LR
-7 LG (ummmm my average is -2)


GREAT job! And dude, badass that it's a 170 with -7 on LG! I'll take -7 on LG over -4 on RC any day (except for test day lol).

Seriously, way to go -- that 170's been coming; glad it arrived.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:49 pm

zhenders wrote:Probably no big, but be careful wrt using the same testing centr your LSAT is in. The LSAC website explicitly says it's against the rules for testers to go into their test room prior to test day.


Really?? :shock:

User avatar
Nonconsecutive
Posts: 2248
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nonconsecutive » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 pm

zhenders wrote:Probably no big, but be careful wrt using the same testing centr your LSAT is in. The LSAC website explicitly says it's against the rules for testers to go into their test room prior to test day.


Can you link where it says that? I've never seen that before.

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:06 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:
zhenders wrote:Probably no big, but be careful wrt using the same testing centr your LSAT is in. The LSAC website explicitly says it's against the rules for testers to go into their test room prior to test day.


Can you link where it says that? I've never seen that before.


Technically, you don't know the exact room you'll be in. A lot of times they split you into different rooms....

Just saying....

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:09 am

zhenders wrote:
90convoy wrote:PT 64 - 170 my highest score!!

-1 RC (wtf my average is -6)
-5 LR
-7 LG (ummmm my average is -2)


GREAT job! And dude, badass that it's a 170 with -7 on LG! I'll take -7 on LG over -4 on RC any day (except for test day lol).

Seriously, way to go -- that 170's been coming; glad it arrived.


Thanks! Goodluck to everyone

User avatar
pech71
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:11 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby pech71 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:19 am

just finished PT 47...my eyes feel like bleeding from a long day but I got back to my standard 160 while not answering the last 3 questions of each LR section due to time. Which I will take and be happy with right now. hit -2 on LG due to two dumb mistakes.

I will say that when I can relate to an RC passage or at least empathize with what it is saying, I generally will get them correct. This time, I answered every question about Chinese art incorrectly but only 1 wrong on each of the other passages...hmmmmmmm

back to the drawing board tomorrow to review the LR and hope to improve. My target score is only a 163 so just need to get more consistent with LR.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:58 am

Everyone, sorry to scare you; I just spent an hour searching the LSAC website looking for the source from which I made my above claims about going into test center rooms early -- while I could swear I read that on the LSAC website, I can't find it anywhere. So, disregard me I suppose!

Sorry to freak you all out.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:09 pm

zhenders wrote:Everyone, sorry to scare you; I just spent an hour searching the LSAC website looking for the source from which I made my above claims about going into test center rooms early -- while I could swear I read that on the LSAC website, I can't find it anywhere. So, disregard me I suppose!

Sorry to freak you all out.


What are you trying to do? Give us a nervous breakdown?

User avatar
cloy26
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby cloy26 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:12 pm

I've fallen off hard. I need to get back on.

Doubts about going to school... Debt is scary.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Lol did it work?

No, I mean I really could have sworn I read that. I'm god to know I was probably wrong :) that said, if not being able to test in the actual test room 2 weeks before the test is nervous breakdown-worthy, we've got some serious stuff we need to work through :-)

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Started off the day bloody.

25 mins, only 14 LR questions completed. Only 6 right. I think I panic when I look at the clock. I went 5/7 then I looked at the clock and then only got 1 out of the next 7 correct.

I have dealt with the focus thing, my RC drill improved substantially when I did.

I think I may just set an alarm and not look at the clock at all. But then I wont know how much time I have left. FML

15 days to go

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:23 pm

zhenders wrote:Lol did it work?

No, I mean I really could have sworn I read that. I'm god to know I was probably wrong :) that said, if not being able to test in the actual test room 2 weeks before the test is nervous breakdown-worthy, we've got some serious stuff we need to work through :-)



No no no. Some of us have already tested therefore feel we might have violated the policy and that was not our intention. Thus, we feared the consequences.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:Lol did it work?

No, I mean I really could have sworn I read that. I'm god to know I was probably wrong :) that said, if not being able to test in the actual test room 2 weeks before the test is nervous breakdown-worthy, we've got some serious stuff we need to work through :-)



No no no. Some of us have already tested therefore feel we might have violated the policy and that was not our intention. Thus, we feared the consequences.


Entiendo




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackmamba8, galeatus, MSNbot Media and 7 guests