February 2014 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
cloy26
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby cloy26 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:01 pm

Damn. Yous guys hittin' some pretty nice scores. Good job!

10052014
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am

.

Postby 10052014 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:08 pm

.
Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:13 pm

jaylawyer09 wrote:I wanted to drop in and ask a question.

I have been blind reviewing my drilling, but what about PTs? Are you supposed to blind review those?

I thought they would skew your score or something.


thanks

You blind review, but keep note of all original answers versus answered you changed. So you know what your score actually was in the allotted time, but you also know what you can do if you really think everything through. 7Sage didn't invent blind review, but they have a solid set of articles about them; you should check them out.

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Trying to improve this LR section from a -6. Can't seem to consistently get 20+ correct. Implementing the first 15 in 15 strategy I saw here but questions imo get tricky between 11-17. I'll go 10 for 10 then drop 2-3 right after. Combined with another 2-3 in the back end.

Also any suggestions on questions with conditional reasoning such as PT 58 sec 1 question 25?
I try to diagram but it confuses the hell out of me :o

Might need to throw in more LR drilling in between these upcoming PTs.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:13 pm

Y'all, 3 weeks.


Just saying.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:21 pm

One thing I read online, on the MCAT test forum, was that confidence is essential to doing well on an exam like this. You have to be confident in the answer that you select. If you are not sure of your answer, the indecisiveness will kill your time

User avatar
RobertGolddust
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby RobertGolddust » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:27 pm

One thing I read online, on the MCAT test forum, was that confidence is essential to doing well on an exam like this. You have to be confident in the answer that you select. If you are not sure of your answer, the indecisiveness will kill your time


I'm usually one of those people who laugh inside when I hear things like confidence is everything, especially when that maxim is applied to picking up chicks. But, I think for the lsat, or poker, or chess, having a psychological edge is key.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:01 pm

Has anyone else taken PT 59 (or just the LG from PT 59)? LG seriously killed me on this one.

PT 59: LG -5 (FIVE.), LR1 -1, LR2 -1, RC -2. Raw score 92/101, scaled 174. Thank goodness for that curve.

Anyway, did anyone else have trouble with this LG? Or did anyone totally kill it and have some tips for me? The last question of game 2 really tripped me up, and then game 3 went pretty badly as well (I used PowerScore so I suck at in/out), and because of those factors I just ran out of time on game 4 and had to guess the last few.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:03 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:I'm usually one of those people who laugh inside when I hear things like confidence is everything, especially when that maxim is applied to picking up chicks.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but why don't you think confidence is important when picking up chicks? :mrgreen:

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:41 pm

xylocarp wrote:
RobertGolddust wrote:I'm usually one of those people who laugh inside when I hear things like confidence is everything, especially when that maxim is applied to picking up chicks.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but why don't you think confidence is important when picking up chicks? :mrgreen:


This made me lol :-) confidence is super attractive, period, I don't think there is ANY way to argue against that as a fact.


And about 59 --

I 174'd 59 also, and remember the LG being tough; I went -2 in it as I recall.

58-61 have felt considerably tougher for me LG-wise. I'll look over this one again and see if I came to any insights after reviewing, friend.

Edit: I remember now -- I missed the last 2 because I ran out of time as well. Time has absolutely been an issue for me on these recent LG, where in the past (41-58) I had 7-10 minutes left every time.

Tough.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:05 am

Just got 26 out of 26 on a LR section

22/25 on the first LR
26/26 out of second LR
23/24 on games

Needless to say I'm stoked with how studying is paying off greatly

User avatar
RobertGolddust
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby RobertGolddust » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:15 am

xylocarp wrote:
RobertGolddust wrote:I'm usually one of those people who laugh inside when I hear things like confidence is everything, especially when that maxim is applied to picking up chicks.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but why don't you think confidence is important when picking up chicks? :mrgreen:


Here's my thoughts on the subject:

Picking up chicks at your local college bar is all about keeping up a good reputation. Usually a frat, or in my case a college sport, will score consistent hook ups with t1 chicks.

When in foreign territory, it all depends on what your going for. If your trying for some T14 out of town strange, you want to create the illusion that you're from a rich family or you yourself are rich. I pulled this off one summer by borrowing my Dads BMW and his Rolex when he was out of town. I drove into Tempe with a buddy from Highschool and successfully conned my way into a hookup with a big titty blonde babe. But when the resources aren't available, just head to the bars and look for an average chick that's looking to make bad decisions. Usually you won't be disappointed. Looks help for this type of pickup but are by no means neccesary. Lastly, if your young, you can act as prey at your local cougar bar. I do this occasionally. However, don't expect Hollywood cougars everytime, those types usually just want to be chased for the self-esteem boost. They don't really fuck because most of them are married. Thus, the cougar bar is your TTT of hookup spots.

And as far as girlfriends go, I have always thought it was all about being nice to the girl and persistence. Never in any of my extensive research have I found that confidence is important for picking up chicks. If anything it might hurt you. It's better to appear gentle when playing the pick up game, even if your secretly an egoist.

Hope this helps xylocarp and I hope you find the perspective interesting, given that you yourself are a female.

Ps I had a lot of fun writing this and it's not intended to be offensive. In fact, hopefully it's an amusing departure from the world of the lsat.

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:28 am

If anyone is having trouble with conditional logic or SA questions, there's some help on youtube. Theres this guy named James who reviews a decent amount of the SA questions from the Cambridge packet in videos (Videos 1-41).

Its called LifosInsitute on youtube.

He also covers conditional logic and some other concepts like combining statements that are parallel into one statement.

Ex. PT 24.3.19 (Video 38)

CONCLUSION: Some PT jobs <--> Walk to school

Combine - Premise to ACs to get the conclusion (basically checking your answer)
PREMISE: ALL ~ go home for Lunch --> Walk to School
AC: Some ~ go home for lunch <--> PT Jobs

COMBINATION: Some ~Walk to school <--> PT jobs

CONTRA: Some PT jobs <--> ~ Walk to school


I just thought some of the concepts in his videos are really easy to use for the test. Though he may not be mentioned on TLS and he is a bit corny, I think these concepts are really great, especially bc they are free.

HTH someone.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:17 am

Thanks, Nicolena :) will def. check it out.

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby unodostres » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:53 am

Envy you guys with those 170's. I'm taking 61 tomorrow and doing an RC experimental. Keeping my cool and hoping for high 160's low 170's!!!!!! Lets gooooooooo.

Oh shit, 59 was the cities games. Fuck that one. Thought scenarios would help but then I saw like ... 10 in the making. F that. Brute force in that game.

The classes game was easy IMO. The only thing that was weird was the stats at 9 or 3 thing.

Pt59 was a dick overall. 60 felt easier. 61 I'm going to nail a 173. Let's go.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:50 am

unodostres wrote:Envy you guys with those 170's. I'm taking 61 tomorrow and doing an RC experimental. Keeping my cool and hoping for high 160's low 170's!!!!!! Lets gooooooooo.

Oh shit, 59 was the cities games. Fuck that one. Thought scenarios would help but then I saw like ... 10 in the making. F that. Brute force in that game.

The classes game was easy IMO. The only thing that was weird was the stats at 9 or 3 thing.

Pt59 was a dick overall. 60 felt easier. 61 I'm going to nail a 173. Let's go.


Kill it :)

I'm hitting PT62 today, and I'm going after my goal with a vengeance.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:53 am

I'm drilling reading comprehension today!!! :)) 10 sections… 40-49 :))) wish me good luck all :D

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:55 am

zhenders wrote:
unodostres wrote:Envy you guys with those 170's. I'm taking 61 tomorrow and doing an RC experimental. Keeping my cool and hoping for high 160's low 170's!!!!!! Lets gooooooooo.

Oh shit, 59 was the cities games. Fuck that one. Thought scenarios would help but then I saw like ... 10 in the making. F that. Brute force in that game.

The classes game was easy IMO. The only thing that was weird was the stats at 9 or 3 thing.

Pt59 was a dick overall. 60 felt easier. 61 I'm going to nail a 173. Let's go.


Kill it :)

I'm hitting PT62 today, and I'm going after my goal with a vengeance.


goof luck!!

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BentleyLittle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:59 am

Miracle wrote:I'm drilling reading comprehension today!!! :)) 10 sections… 40-49 :))) wish me good luck all :D


10 sections? Damn. Are you doing these back to back or split up? Do you get tired after two or three sets? I imagine there's a point of diminishing returns but I find this strategy interesting.

Ether way, good luck!

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:21 am

Miracle wrote:I'm drilling reading comprehension today!!! :)) 10 sections… 40-49 :))) wish me good luck all :D

:shock: That must take a hell of a lot of self-discipline

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:50 am

Just submitted all of my applications the other day.

It just became real that pretty much my future and alot of money is riding on this test.

Plus I would like to go to a lower T14 school. Or Harvard. lol so back to studying

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:33 pm

On my break for 62.

Guys, LG gets easier after 62, right? RIGHT? Lol. I spent the weekend basically doing nothing but logic games, trying to get myself back in shape... I felt good. And then PT62LG happened. I'll report after I'm done, but I would have taken a mauve velociraptor and an orange triceratops piloting a Zephyr 747 four times in a row over this LG section.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:04 pm

zhenders wrote:On my break for 62.

Guys, LG gets easier after 62, right? RIGHT? Lol. I spent the weekend basically doing nothing but logic games, trying to get myself back in shape... I felt good. And then PT62LG happened. I'll report after I'm done, but I would have taken a mauve velociraptor and an orange triceratops piloting a Zephyr 747 four times in a row over this LG section.

Okay but you liked the mauve dinosaur game! You're psyching me out btw haha

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:22 pm

xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:On my break for 62.

Guys, LG gets easier after 62, right? RIGHT? Lol. I spent the weekend basically doing nothing but logic games, trying to get myself back in shape... I felt good. And then PT62LG happened. I'll report after I'm done, but I would have taken a mauve velociraptor and an orange triceratops piloting a Zephyr 747 four times in a row over this LG section.

Okay but you liked the mauve dinosaur game! You're psyching me out btw haha



lol alright fair, fair :) I actually liked the Zephyr game too. They were both really different. So okay, I don't have a good funny analogy that actually works -- suffice it to say I just didn't like this LG!

With that said, I hit my goal today!

RC: -3
LR: -0
LG: -2
LR: -1

177 with this test's totally crazy curve. Definitely can't complain, but I'm still hoping that LG feels better again soon -- it's psyching me out bad.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:59 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:
Miracle wrote:I'm drilling reading comprehension today!!! :)) 10 sections… 40-49 :))) wish me good luck all :D


10 sections? Damn. Are you doing these back to back or split up? Do you get tired after two or three sets? I imagine there's a point of diminishing returns but I find this strategy interesting.

Ether way, good luck!



I take a break as i see it fit-in all honesty. If I'm getting tired or just need a break to grab something to eat i take it (for example now), otherwise I'm set on getting them all down before 11 pm tonight!

I will report on my results later on for each section. :D




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcapace, njames1961, Pozzo and 9 guests