February 2014 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
mirroroferised7
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby mirroroferised7 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Ugh, I knew I should have gone out to get my passport photo LAST weekend. Now, I have to out in the -15 F windchill and then my face will be all red and nasty.

Fuck. Winter.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:25 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:Ugh, I knew I should have gone out to get my passport photo LAST weekend. Now, I have to out in the -15 F windchill and then my face will be all red and nasty.

Fuck. Winter.


Scan ID photo?

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Lol good luck with your photo ;)

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:50 pm

How is everyone holding up so far???
Soon it will all be over!

I'm visiting my test center location today. In about 30 minutes. ;)

I don't think LSAC is ready for us. We got this ;)

Zhenders,

Miss couple of questions for me on Purpose.We can't have curve that's -5 lol

Any time you get to a flaw question, think of me. ;)

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Miracle wrote:How is everyone holding up so far???
Soon it will all be over!

I'm visiting my test center location today. In about 30 minutes. ;)


I feel at an advantage having taking A LOT of tests in my testing center (right on my undergrad campus). I could get there in my sleep, and have many times. But I won't again, not for *this* exam, at least.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:15 pm

Miracle wrote:Zhenders,

Miss couple of questions for me on Purpose.We can't have curve that's -5 lol

Any time you get to a flaw question, think of me. ;)

Don't worry, nothing he does can change the "curve" because the LSAT isn't actually curved in the way we traditionally think of it. It's actually equated beforehand - everything is set in stone already.

http://blueprintprep.com/free-lsat-help ... xplained/1

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:18 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:Zhenders,

Miss couple of questions for me on Purpose.We can't have curve that's -5 lol

Any time you get to a flaw question, think of me. ;)

Don't worry, nothing he does can change the "curve" because the LSAT isn't actually curved in the way we traditionally think of it. It's actually equated beforehand - everything is set in stone already.

http://blueprintprep.com/free-lsat-help ... xplained/1


Really????

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Miracle wrote:How is everyone holding up so far???
Soon it will all be over!

I'm visiting my test center location today. In about 30 minutes. ;)


I feel at an advantage having taking A LOT of tests in my testing center (right on my undergrad campus). I could get there in my sleep, and have many times. But I won't again, not for *this* exam, at least.


Lucky you! :)

User avatar
Nucky
Posts: 770
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nucky » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Anyone else wish the had just one more week?... But at the same time glad they can finally put this damn thing behind them?

This is my third attempt, and though I would normally pay it forward and donate these books to someone else in need. I can't shake the conviction that I should burn them all in a blaze of glory, triumph, and newfound freedom.

Thoughts?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Nucky wrote:Anyone else wish the had just one more week?... But at the same time glad they can finally put this damn thing behind them?

This is my third attempt, and though I would normally pay it forward and donate these books to someone else in need. I can't shake the conviction that I should burn them all in a blaze of glory, triumph, and newfound freedom.

Thoughts?


Yeah, I'm glad that there's a chance it could all be over for me on Saturday afternoon. At the same time, another week might be nice (then where does it stop? could lead to a srs regress).

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:27 pm

I am at my testing center right now. Its so pretty. I must say, in 2009 when I went with my friend they were using a lot bigger auditorium. A lot bigger. This one is so super small.

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm a little annoyed. Just found out that my testing center room has the chairs with desktop attached. How is that going to be enough space (ie pencils, booklet, scantron). Ugh!

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:39 pm

Nicolena. wrote:I'm a little annoyed. Just found out that my testing center room has the chairs with desktop attached. How is that going to be enough space (ie pencils, booklet, scantron). Ugh!


I've heard that some (nice) proctors will allow you to pull two desks together when there are enough in the room for everyone to do that (if they wish).

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:39 pm

found this if you want to read about your testing site.... http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:51 pm

90convoy wrote:found this if you want to read about your testing site.... http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php

Thanks for the link! The last review for my test site is from 2010...I wonder if it'll be at all similar. I'm most worried about desk space because when I went to visit my test center, the classroom I used the floor below the reporting one had really tiny desks in stadium type chairs bolted to the floor. Didn't see the actual classroom because kids were taking the SAT there, but I really, really hope the desks there are larger. I did not enjoy not being able to fit even the whole test book on the desk, much less the answer sheet, extra pencils, the ticket and a watch.

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:01 pm

About to do ~20 LG, then finalizing my test gear and taking it easy for the evening.

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:03 pm

random number wrote:About to do ~20 LG, then finalizing my test gear and taking it easy for the evening.


which games?

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:08 pm

Just realized that the majority of the games give you the base in question 1, I'm an idiot

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
random number wrote:About to do ~20 LG, then finalizing my test gear and taking it easy for the evening.


which games?


I'm working on the review games at the end of the Powerscore LG book. Sets 3-7.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:09 pm

I just got a ticket while visiting my test center. I guess i parked in the student section of the parking lot. :roll: There was only one small parking lot, and maybe 2-3 spaces open. I didn't have much of a choice...

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Miracle wrote:I just got a ticket while visiting my test center. I guess i parked in the student section of the parking lot. :roll: There was only one small parking lot, and maybe 2-3 spaces open. I didn't have much of a choice...


Ugh, sorry to hear that. Did you at least figure out where you can park tomorrow?

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:34 pm

LSAC just rolled out some closings. Anyone on the list?

User avatar
cloy26
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby cloy26 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:52 pm

*whew* Orlando isn't one of them - I'm safe.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:52 pm

cloy26 wrote:*whew* Orlando isn't one of them - I'm safe.


LOL what can happen in orlando? I haven heard anything about hurricanes etc lol

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby thevuch » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:55 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:Just realized that the majority of the games give you the base in question 1, I'm an idiot



elaborate plz




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applejacks888, Greenteachurro, JohnMaynardKeynes, njames1961, theboringest and 13 guests