February 2014 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
ChuggaChuggaChooChoo
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby ChuggaChuggaChooChoo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:23 am

I am genuinely excited about this waiters thread. That is pathetic.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:23 am

PourMeTea wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:I used my 19 other gallon bags on retakes.


Hey would you suggest either PaperMaTTTe Classic or PaperMaTTTe American Naturals? Weighing my options.

Oh I was not aware that paper mate produce gallon bags. Alternatively you're saying that they have matte bags, which sounds particularly awesome and is gonna match my nails. I definitely don't recommend hefty or testmasters generic because my initial research has shown these users to have subpar pencil quality and attention span. I believe we're looking at a PT average of 160 here so take that as you will.


Step your bag game up.

-- No no I went with generic Rite Aid bags; the seal is subpar though. All about that airtight snap.

Image
Last edited by Baby_Got_Feuerbach on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:25 am

I got the regular Dixon Ticonderogas. I like them because they came pre-sharpened which decreases anxiety therefore increasing score.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:25 am

I might actually go out and buy fancy pencils now... ugh

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:27 am

xylocarp wrote:I might actually go out and buy fancy pencils now... ugh


Nah, I used cheap dollar store pencils last time and didn't have any major calamities. It is just a matter of personal preference.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:28 am

random number wrote:
xylocarp wrote:I might actually go out and buy fancy pencils now... ugh


Nah, I used cheap dollar store pencils last time and didn't have any major calamities. It is just a matter of personal preference.


Couldn't care less about led quality or hand-feel. I need a good eraser though.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:30 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
random number wrote:
xylocarp wrote:I might actually go out and buy fancy pencils now... ugh


Nah, I used cheap dollar store pencils last time and didn't have any major calamities. It is just a matter of personal preference.


Couldn't care less about led quality or hand-feel. I need a good eraser though.


I bought pencils from an art store and the best eraser

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:32 am

What 20oz drink is the best?! I'm bringing diet coke (don't want sugar crash).

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:33 am

90convoy wrote:What 20oz drink is the best?! I'm bringing diet coke (don't want sugar crash).


I'm bringing water, but I'm not a caffeine person.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:34 am

90convoy wrote:What 20oz drink is the best?! I'm bringing diet coke (don't want sugar crash).


It has to go in a clear bottle, right? (Serious question, I don't really know.)

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:36 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:37 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
90convoy wrote:What 20oz drink is the best?! I'm bringing diet coke (don't want sugar crash).


It has to go in a clear bottle, right? (Serious question, I don't really know.)


I think that only the bag needs to be clear. They may ask you to remove the label though (I wouldn't do this ahead of time however).

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 am

PourMeTea wrote:Why is that pencil so large

Why is my moniker on it


Do you think the proctors will let me use it? Do you think it will let people know that I'm a chill TLS bro?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:39 am

random number wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
90convoy wrote:What 20oz drink is the best?! I'm bringing diet coke (don't want sugar crash).


It has to go in a clear bottle, right? (Serious question, I don't really know.)


I think that only the bag needs to be clear. They may ask you to remove the label though (I wouldn't do this ahead of time however).


Oh, why not remove the label ahead of time (on say a clear water bottle)? That was my plan.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:40 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:41 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
random number wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
90convoy wrote:What 20oz drink is the best?! I'm bringing diet coke (don't want sugar crash).


It has to go in a clear bottle, right? (Serious question, I don't really know.)


I think that only the bag needs to be clear. They may ask you to remove the label though (I wouldn't do this ahead of time however).


Oh, why not remove the label ahead of time (on say a clear water bottle)? That was my plan.


I don't think that there is any prohibition against it, but it might look weird or 'modified.'

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:43 am

random number wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
random number wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:It has to go in a clear bottle, right? (Serious question, I don't really know.)


I think that only the bag needs to be clear. They may ask you to remove the label though (I wouldn't do this ahead of time however).


Oh, why not remove the label ahead of time (on say a clear water bottle)? That was my plan.


I don't think that there is any prohibition against it, but it might look weird or 'modified.'


I'm planning on pouring a Red Bull into an empty water bottle. Unless you think it will be prohibited....

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:46 am

Everyone is suddenly hilarious this morning :) I like it.


I had the black ticons in hand, but then these bullshit brand ("The Write Dudes") pencils caught my eye. The back of the pack has a picture of the factory so that you can confirm (WITH YOUR OWN EYES) that these pencils are 'MERICAN. No seriously, they are "U.S.A. Gold" - model, and the box has so many America references it's embarrassing.

- U.S.A. GOLD
- Made in the USA x4
-AMERICA's PENCIL (srsly?)
-Proudly made in Lewisberg, Tennessee


And the very best part: in a tiny little corner:

MEGA Brands, Inc.
Montreal, (QC) H4T 1K4
Canada


The Canadians have us figure out SO HARD

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:47 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:I'm planning on pouring a Red Bull into an empty water bottle. Unless you think it will be prohibited....


Nah, that sounds fine according to the rules. The only prohibition I see is that of aluminum cans. Sorry to to overcomplicate :)

User avatar
Attax
Posts: 3589
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Attax » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:48 am

PourMeTea wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:Why is that pencil so large

Why is my moniker on it


Do you think the proctors will let me use it? Do you think it will let people know that I'm a chill TLS bro?


Possibly although nothing screams "TLS" like a custom SnapBack that says "Synchro=180"


Just get it tattooed on your forehead for extra efficacy. That's how I broke the 90th percentile!

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:49 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:50 am

random number wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:I'm planning on pouring a Red Bull into an empty water bottle. Unless you think it will be prohibited....


Nah, that sounds fine according to the rules. The only prohibition I see is that of aluminum cans. Sorry to to overcomplicate :)

rn I <3 your new avatar

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:52 am

PourMeTea wrote:I brought a questionably sheer/opaque juice box into the December administration and did not face any issues.


Good to know. My proctors were really strict in June, so I try to advocate simplicity whenever possible.

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:54 am

Triconderoga <3

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:01 am

PourMeTea wrote:I brought a questionably sheer/opaque juice box into the December administration and did not face any issues.

ETA the juice box was one of the post-modern Capri suns in case you wanted to know what kind of juice boxes will *fly* with the proctors. I assume it may depend on your proctor's generation- luckily I got the room with the unemployed post grad gen-X JDs


Capri Sun? I wish this was as exciting as a sixth grade field trip.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beantheshadow, greatspirit, RPlatt85 and 4 guests