February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:In break between 70/71. 70 felt scary! Woah! I struggled with LG big time -- 4 medium hard games; no 5 minute games for me this time.

I hope today is just swell for you all; best of luck on your studying -- see you all around 7:00 in tinychat.


WHAT IS TINY CHAT? :shock:


http://www.tinychat.com/tls14

A way for us to IM-chat, video chat, or talk to each other using our IRL voices.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:In break between 70/71. 70 felt scary! Woah! I struggled with LG big time -- 4 medium hard games; no 5 minute games for me this time.

I hope today is just swell for you all; best of luck on your studying -- see you all around 7:00 in tinychat.


WHAT IS TINY CHAT? :shock:


http://www.tinychat.com/tls14

A way for us to IM-chat, video chat, or talk to each other using our IRL voices.


Is this by invitation only, because i wasn't invited? :oops:

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:55 pm

Miracle wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:In break between 70/71. 70 felt scary! Woah! I struggled with LG big time -- 4 medium hard games; no 5 minute games for me this time.

I hope today is just swell for you all; best of luck on your studying -- see you all around 7:00 in tinychat.


WHAT IS TINY CHAT? :shock:


http://www.tinychat.com/tls14

A way for us to IM-chat, video chat, or talk to each other using our IRL voices.


Is this by invitation only, because i wasn't invited? :oops:


You've got the link, don't you? :-) See ya at 7ish.

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby thevuch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:17 pm

zhenders wrote:In break between 70/71. 70 felt scary! Woah! I struggled with LG big time -- 4 medium hard games; no 5 minute games for me this time.

I hope today is just swell for you all; best of luck on your studying -- see you all around 7:00 in tinychat.



ok this makes me feel better. i just did 70 too and the games freaked me out, the second one really. i ended up going 22/23 in LG barely but all those conditionals and their contrapositives werent clicking in my brain for some reason, because it was just a normal in/out game you know

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:33 pm

thevuch wrote:
zhenders wrote:In break between 70/71. 70 felt scary! Woah! I struggled with LG big time -- 4 medium hard games; no 5 minute games for me this time.

I hope today is just swell for you all; best of luck on your studying -- see you all around 7:00 in tinychat.



ok this makes me feel better. i just did 70 too and the games freaked me out, the second one really. i ended up going 22/23 in LG barely but all those conditionals and their contrapositives werent clicking in my brain for some reason, because it was just a normal in/out game you know


I agree with both of you regarding the LG. Nothing impossible, but each game was relatively slow. I definitely thought I would run out of time.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 pm

I give the LSAT question makers a lot of credit

To make a paragraph and five questions confusing enough that 50% of test takers get the questions wrong is pretty amazing

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:36 pm

Eating dinner and then taking 71+experimental. I had thought about taking two tests, but I feel kind of tired and don't want to push it.
Last edited by random number on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby thevuch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:37 pm

random number wrote:
thevuch wrote:
zhenders wrote:In break between 70/71. 70 felt scary! Woah! I struggled with LG big time -- 4 medium hard games; no 5 minute games for me this time.

I hope today is just swell for you all; best of luck on your studying -- see you all around 7:00 in tinychat.



ok this makes me feel better. i just did 70 too and the games freaked me out, the second one really. i ended up going 22/23 in LG barely but all those conditionals and their contrapositives werent clicking in my brain for some reason, because it was just a normal in/out game you know


I agree with both of you regarding the LG. Nothing impossible, but each game was relatively slow. I definitely thought I would run out of time.



yeah i hope we dont see this on test day. i want a breeeeezy game section, like 69 or something...

withoutapaddle wrote:I give the LSAT question makers a lot of credit

To make a paragraph and five questions confusing enough that 50% of test takers get the questions wrong is pretty amazing


and yeah man it really is when you put it like that, especially considering this isnt just regular population. this is college educated/think theyre smart enough to goto law school folks

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby thevuch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:39 pm

random number wrote:Eating dinner and then taking 71+experimental. I had thought about taking two tests, but I feel kind of tired and don't want to push it.



are you going to do anything tomorrow rn?

i wasnt planning on it but im considering doing games from say 67-71 just to stay fresh on em. because i feel like game skills deteriorate a little when youre away for even a day, whereas the opposite can be true for LR and RC

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:39 pm

random number wrote:Eating dinner and then taking 71+experimental. I had thought about taking two tests, but I feel kind of tired and don't want to push it.


Good luck. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the games.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:40 pm

thevuch wrote:
random number wrote:Eating dinner and then taking 71+experimental. I had thought about taking two tests, but I feel kind of tired and don't want to push it.



are you going to do anything tomorrow rn?

i wasnt planning on it but im considering doing games from say 67-71 just to stay fresh on em. because i feel like game skills deteriorate a little when youre away for even a day, whereas the opposite can be true for LR and RC


Are you looking at the games straight from printed PTs or is there a place with the most recent games ready for purchase/download?

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby thevuch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:41 pm

im gonna print them from PTs (i have every single one). if you PM me your email. i can help

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 pm

thevuch wrote:
random number wrote:Eating dinner and then taking 71+experimental. I had thought about taking two tests, but I feel kind of tired and don't want to push it.



are you going to do anything tomorrow rn?

i wasnt planning on it but im considering doing games from say 67-71 just to stay fresh on em. because i feel like game skills deteriorate a little when youre away for even a day, whereas the opposite can be true for LR and RC


That is exactly what I am doing. I definitely need a break from the LR and RC, but I get rusty really quickly on the games.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:51 pm

I'm doing PT 71 now

I'd be more than happy if these games were on 72 haha 22/23

Got the last question wrong / I had it right but then I started second guessing myself and picked a different answer

On test day I'm going with my gut instinct because once I start second guessing an answer I get it wrong 90% of the time when I had it right the first time

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:58 pm

I will say if I see parallel reasoning from questions 15-24 they will be skipped until I do the other questions first

71 LR 1 has one that I swear reading the question and answers is a reading comp passage (question 14)

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:59 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:I'm doing PT 71 now

I'd be more than happy if these games were on 72 haha 22/23

Got the last question wrong / I had it right but then I started second guessing myself and picked a different answer

On test day I'm going with my gut instinct because once I start second guessing an answer I get it wrong 90% of the time when I had it right the first time


Are you saying games are easy on PT71 -im lost lol

I was under the impression from everyone else that they were hard

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:13 pm

I thought they were easy

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:21 pm

71 games were a buzz kill :x

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:22 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:71 games were a buzz kill :x


You thought they were hard?

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:24 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:I thought they were easy


LOL I'm taking PT71 tomorrow, so ill trust/believe what you have to say over everyone else for the confidence purposes. I get easily influenced by other people so reading this (that games are hard), will not help me. :|

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Miracle wrote:
withoutapaddle wrote:I thought they were easy


LOL I'm taking PT71 tomorrow, so ill trust/believe what you have to say over everyone else for the confidence purposes. I get easily influenced by other people so reading this (that games are hard), will not help me. :|

No tinychat for you? :(

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Miracle wrote:
W$RKliveWELL wrote:71 games were a buzz kill :x


You thought they were hard?


reviewing them now but without to many details one gave me trouble initially. it's do able time just wsant my friend during it lol you'll be fine!

edit: every game is doable i overreacted!
Last edited by W$RKliveWELL on Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:37 pm

I just did PT 70 games and they seemed easier than 71 to me

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby thevuch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 pm

i just ran out of time on LR2 from 70, and missed 6 because i just had to guess on 2 (i got them wrong) and ended up with a 168 (RC: -4, LG: -1, LR1:-3, LR2: -6...) running out of time and missing more than 4 hasnt happened in at least 6 weeks..............i really hope burnout is responsible for this.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:43 pm





Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 7 guests